Chapter 10

Like That Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 4

The white car accelerates as it enters the peaceful neighbourhood that is full with the breathtaking beauty of nature as well as the various designs of the houses that can be seen along the street. He steps on the brake pedal and the car stops in front of the mesmerizing white landed house that located at the edge of the neighbourhood. We are going to gear up today. 

He turns his head at Sooyeon, who is currently dozing off at the passenger seat. "Hey, cupcake. Wake up!" He pokes her cheeks and she shove his hand.

"What do you want?" She squints her eyes and rubs them slowly.

"We’ve arrived."

"Arrived? Where?" She scans the unfamiliar neighbourhood carelessly and yawns.

"My parents' house."

"What?" She widens her eyes. His random sentence vanquishes her sleepiness away in a blink of eyes. "You are joking, right?" She peeks through the window nervously and gazing at him confusedly.

"We’ll overnight here."

"What?!" She stares at him without blinking.

"What’s wrong with that?"

"Jae, I-"

"Don’t worry my parents won’t eat you."

"But-"

"No objection."

"No, I mean-"

"What’s wrong, cupcake?"

"Stop calling me that," she slaps his arm which made him whimpers.

"I won’t," he sticks out his tongue. "Okay, tell me is there anything wrong with this?"

"Look, I didn’t bring any single clothes!"

He laughs. "Is that what are you worrying about? You can wear mine. Or we can buy new clothes. So, let’s go!" He scrambles out from the car and opens the car’s door for her while gesturing her to walk behind him. They head to the gate while unlocking it spontaneously.

She's quickly catching up with Jae’s pace and passing through the gate as she saw the house that was beautifully built and it also looked almost as if it was natural as it was blended into the green garden. She’s captivated by the view of the house and she unconsciously grabs his arm as they enter the house. 

"I’m home."

Yeonhee who is playing with the toys immediately gets up and run towards him. "Dad!"

He gets down on his knees as he spreads his arms and Yeonhee come into his embrace. "My little princess! I miss you so much," he gives a smooch at her cheek.

"Mom? She will sleep here?" Yeonhee asks him as she glances at Sooyeon who is still puzzled with this sudden situation. He nods in response while Yeonhee roars and fistbumps his fist.

"Yeonhee, who’s coming?” His mother yells from the kitchen.

He press his index finger on Yeonhee's lips as she nods to him and lifts the little girl while his other hand holding Sooyeon’s hand and pull her to walk together with him. "Jae, I-I’m," she flusters.

"It’s okay," he comforts her.

He approaches his mother who is busy preparing the food for lunch. "It’s me, mom," he backhugs his mom.

"Oh my God, Jaehyung!" She spins her body and wraps her hand around him.

He leans in and whispers in his mother’s ear, "I brought someone special today," he grins widely as they break the embrace as his mom gazes at Sooyeon.

Sooyeon moves three steps forward as she beams at his mother and she bows at her politely. "Hello-" she greets her but his mother brought Sooyeon into her embrace instead. She loosens the embrace and carresses Sooyeon’s hair softly, "My goodness, you are so lovely."

"I choose the right person huh, mom?" He winks to them which made Sooyeon glares at him.

"Not really, Mrs. Park but thank you."

"Ah, no need to be formal with me. Just call me mom, okay?"

Wow t-that fast?

"Yes, m-mom," she flusters. "Do you need some help?"

"It’s okay, sweetheart. Please make yourself at home. Jae, show her the guest room."

"What? My room?"

"Guest room!" She pinches his arm.

"Ouch! Okay, okay," he puts Yeonhee down and gesturing Sooyeon to follow him.

They walk passing through the living room and climb the stairs as they head towards the last room that is located at the right side of the house. He opens the door as they are being welcomed by a queen size bed and fully equipped with furniture and television. "So, this is where we are going to sleep tonight." he glances at her while smirking.

"We?" she furrows her brows.

"Did I mention we?" He smirks and avoids to make a direct gaze at her face as she snorts and stares at him coldly. He graps her hand while dragging her to the room that is located just next to it. "In case you are wondering-"

"This is your room, am I right Park Jaehyung?"

"Bingo!"

"So, what should I do with this information?" She crosses her arms on her chest.

"You know, maybe if you want to…" he steps forwards and pins her against the door, "Sleep like we use to do at my house?" He snickers and leans in towards her as her face reddens.

She slips herself through him and quickly dashes away from him. "No, thanks. I’m out," she rushingly descends the stairs and pauses her steps right behind of the main entrance.

A man in black leather jacket with a fluffy black hair as well as black rectangular spectacles appears at the main entrance without noticing Sooyeon who’s surprise with his sudden existence. "I’m home- oh hi teacher," he yells while putting off his shoes as he greets her while carelessly glances at her for a few seconds but soon he pauses and spins his heels towards Sooyeon’s direction who’s grinning awkwardly at him.

"Hi," she bows at him.

"T-teacher! W-what are you doing here? When did you arrive here? How-" he surprises as his mouth can’t stop attacking her with those question.

"Just call me Sooyeon, Brian," she flashes a wide smile to him.

"Uncle!" Yeonhee suddenly appears out of nowhere and hugs his legs.

"Hey, sweetheart!" He ruffles Yeonhee’s hair.

"What are you doing here?" Jae asks from the stairs as he’s approaching them slowly.

"I’m going to sleep here like usual. What kind of question are you even asking me, Park Jaehyung?"

"I’m just asking. There is nothing wrong with asking a question to someone," he tosses himself on the couch.

"Yeah, whatever man. At least, I can get closer with this friend," he beams at her.

Kang Younghyun, you-

*****

Jae is lying down on the couch with Yeonhee who is lying on his chest as he reads the story to Yeonhee. Soon as his daughter falls asleep, he immediately brings Yeonhee to the upstairs and tuck her in her room.

Brian slowly approaching the lady in green shirt with a messy hair bun, "Can I...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter