Chapter 1

Like That Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little girl is standing at the corner of the kindergarten compound while her gaze follows every single bodies that passed in front of her. Someone is slowly arranging the step and approaches the little girl who is so absorbed watching everything. She wants to join but she has no confidence and she is too immersed in her own world. No one would know what does this 4 years old kid thinks but seeing her being an antisocial brought a lot of worries to this young woman.

“Yeonhee, why didn’t you join your friends play at the playground?" The hand of the owner of the fair skin slowly caresses the girl’s hair. No words came out from . That little lips doesn’t even show any sign of movement. Only the sound of kids giggling and enjoying their play time that can be heard at the moment. The kid shook her head and spins her heels to the young woman who was in a squat position.

“Can I hug you, teacher?” Sooyeon nodded as she feels the warmth of a pair tiny arms link around her neck and she immediately lift the kid and walks slowly into the class.

Park Yeonhee.

This kid seems like she still can’t adapt with her surrounding even though it has been six months since she entered the kindergarten. Sooyeon is very concerns about this girl and she really wanted to meet her parents but turns out when the person who sends her to the kindergarten every single day is her uncle. And of course she tries to contact Yeonhee’s guardians but it’s a useless action because no one is picking up the phone.

Yeonhee is a well-mannered kid. She doesn’t cause any troubles in kindergarten. But she will only talks to Sooyeon because she doesn’t get along with the other kids and also the teachers. Sooyeon was still thinking about how to contact with Yeonhee’s parents. She needs to tell Yeonhee’s uncle about her actions in school.

 *****

5:30 p.m.

It’s time for the parents to fetch their children at the kindergarten. Yeonhee is sticking with Sooyeon like a glue and doesn’t want to move even an inch until his uncle came to fetch her. Once, another teacher tried to get along with Yeonhee but it was not that easy and she ended up crying. Only Sooyeon can calm her down.

Every kids in the kindergarten started to wear their jackets and held their parents’ hand while bowing and waving to the teachers. While Sooyeon is sitting at the corner of the main entrance with Yeonhee in her cuddle.

“Teacher...” Sooyeon moves her gaze below to the tiny girl as she hums as the sign for Yeonhee to continue her words.

“Can you be my mom?”

Silence.

This is not the first time that she got that question from the girl who is currently wearing red jacket and lying down on her lap. A pair of round brown orbs are eyeing her as the owner of the orbs really hopes that the soft and silky black hair owner will utters a ‘yes’ word to her. Well, kids are full of hopes and they are so sincere about their feelings.

As Sooyeon was about to answer the girl’s question, her eyes caught a tall and blonde haired figure walking towards them. Yeonhee, who is in Sooyeon’s cuddles immediately get up and ran towards the tall guy while shouting ‘아빠’ word and link her arms around the figure’s long legs. He planted a kiss on the kid’s forehead and lifts her while his feet are slowly making some steps and move towards Sooyeon who is still amazed by this man’s appearance.

Six feet tall. Thin built with a pair of long legs. A man who was in a full set of denim outfit with white t-shirt underneath the denim jacket and wore a pair of dark blue sneakers. His fluffy blonde hair was dancing gracefully through the wind . And of course, the golden round frame spectacles that he wears right now made Sooyeon’s heart stop beating for a moment. He walks like a model who is walking on a runway stage as the beam of evening sunlight shines warmly.

He is the most ethereal guy that I have ever seen in my life.

“Teacher!” Sooyeon is startled as she heard her quiet student’s voice that suddenly woke her up from daydreaming while the tiny hand is cupping Sooyeon’s cheeks gently.

“Y-yes, Yeonhee?” Her lips curves upwards as she hold back that tiny hand and directed her gaze towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter