Chapter 12

Like That Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day6

It was a distinct chill right after the sudden rain early during last night. The wet road slowly vaporizes as the sun starts to make a grand appearance. The color gradient of the sky also starts to change from grey to blue as the birds are chirping around. And the fluffy brown hair guy as well as the long silky black hair lady who are both in pyjamas, sleeping soundly under the warm comforter as their arms tangle around each other's body tightly.

He grunts slowly as the rays that enters through the binds is directly radiates right on his face. His orbs peer around the room as he yawns and blinks heavily. He tilts down his head towards the figure in his embrace as he casually the silky black hair and his index finger runs through the girl's face; from the forehead and moves along her cute nose as he slowly boops it while grinning and his index finger stops on the perfect spot : lips. He suddenly finds his thumb lingers on her pinky soft lips as his mind reminisces that night. His head unconsciously moves towards her and his plump lips are about to have a contact with hers as his heart pounds crazily. Beep. He pauses as his fingers cover his lips. Come to your sense, Park Jaehyung! He slaps his lips. Bad lips, bad lips!

He stretches his arm carefully and reaches his phone as his thumb presses the home button and tapping to the message icon. There are two messages from his cousin for his morning greeting. Sheesh...

Dude, I got 2 tickets for amusement park today but sadly i have some works to do :( Can you go on my behalf instead?

Ah! Bring that teacher too so you guys can have a date ^^

Seriously, Kang Brian?

His breath suddenly pauses and his eyes widen as his phone accidentally slips away from his hand due to her snuggling herself closer to him as their noses nuzzle towards each other and their lips might be in contact if any one of them budge. He shuts his eyes nervously. No, not again...

All of a sudden, the precise sound of the palm contacting with a skin echoes around the room as well as the sound of a whimper that emits right after the slap. Her orbs widen in surprise and she finds that her palm is glued on his cheek as he scrunches in pain.

Park Sooyeon. What. Have. You. Done?

He grasps her wrist before she could even snatch it away from him as he fixes his eyes on her. She clears nervously. "I'm sorry-"

"Why did you slap my cheek?" He whines.

"I'm so sorry," she caresses the red marks on his cheek. "It must be sting oh gosh I'm sorry..." she sighs with embarrassement.

"Maybe you had been dreaming about being a mosquito hunter."

She squints her eyes, "No!"

"Anyway... good morning, cupcake. How does it feels when hugging me like your own bolster for the whole night?"

"Morning," she blinks nervously.

"Question. Am I really that huggable to you?"

Dang it.

She unbotheredly turns her body away from him and about to roll out from the bed but then he wrapped his hand on her and pulls her closer against his chest and locks her legs with his long leg. "Wait. 10 seconds," he starts to count the number as she closes her eyes tightly and she can feels her heart is going to jump out from her body. She never know that 10 seconds are too long and can make her stop breathing for a moment. "9... 10," he loosen his embrace and she tries to make an attempt to get out from his embrace but Jae retightens his embrace. "Where are you going?"

"I wanna prepare the breakfast," she freezes.

"I need a special breakfast first," his lips stretches into a sly grin.

"Uh?" She frowns.

"Have you heard about this fun fact?" She shakes her head slowly in response and he continues. "Okay. Let me tell you. A study shows that good morning kisses can prevent stress and help to boost our mood to increase our performance for the day so-" she suddenly struggles to scramble out from his embrace and get out from the bed immediately which made him pause. "Wait what are you-" he stares at her confusedly as she grabs the pillow and mercilessly throws it directly on his face. "What-"

"Shut up!" She walks out from the room with a burning hot cheeks without even turning at him.

"Where are you going?"

"N-nature's calling!"

"Remember, you owe me that!"

"No, I don’t hear that!" She’s cupping her own ears while walking out hurriedly from the room.

He slowly rolls out from the bed and stands in front of his room entrance. "Anyway, get ready," he leans his lanky body against the wall as his orbs are eyeing at her.

"For what?" She pauses her steps.

"Miss," he crosses his arms on his chest. "Do you remember that you need to follow -"

"All right, all right," she rolls her eyeballs. "Where are we going?"

"Surprise."

"Wow..." she scoffs. "My life is full of surprise since day 1 as your housemate," she heads towards the bathroom. "If it's not interesting then I'm out."

"Uh, uh," he raises his index finger to her. "No objection."

"Whatever," she bangs the toilet’s door.

*****

"Here?" She gives an unsure stare at the puffy cheeks guy who is standing next to her. The sounds that came from the entire amusement park ignites her adrenalines as she can’t hide her excitement with her body movements.

"Yeah, why?" He raises his eyebrows in confusion as his eyeballs are fixed on her.

"Nothing," her lips start to curve upwards.

"It seems like you love this kind of place huh?" He runs his fingers through his fluffy brown hair.

“I've been dying to enter this place."

"Wait you haven't-" he frowns.

"Nope," she cuts off his sentence casually. "My friends are scared with those kind of things," she points towards those rides that involve gravity thingy.

“Your bro is scared too,” he chuckles.

“What?” she stares at him confusedly. “Are you asking about my bro?”

"N-nope. Aren't you scared?"

"Nope."

"Really?" He scoffs. "We shall see. Uh anyway, welcome to Boyfriend Jae's amusement park trip featuring Sooyeon," he spreads his arms in the air.

“Ey," she clenches her teeth as she flashes a grumpy face at him.

"It is!"

“Whatever,” she steps away from him nonchalantly.

"Hey wait," he tries to be in track with her pace as his arms links naturally at her crock of her arm. "We should go together."

"Okay, what should we do now?"

"Brunch? Or games?"

"Uh, games first because I'm scared if any of us hmm you know throw up or something."

"All right. Let's play rock-paper-scissor. The winner can choose the game. You in?" She nods confidently as he starts to chant 'rock-paper-scissors' and put their hands out. Dang, it's scissor versus paper.

"Yeay!" He roars. "Loser. Cupcake is a loser," he sticks out his tongue annoyingly at her which made her annoyed.

"Shut up," she rolls her eyeballs.

"Let's ride that," he points towards the roller coaster with his another index finger.

"What? That's hella-" he drags her as she quickly continues, "wait- Jae! Oh man. I have a bad feeling with this."

She doesn't know how but she found herself and him are queuing in line, waiting for their turns to ride the mighty roller coaster. She takes a glimpse at the guy who is in an oversize pink shirt (tuck in half of- uh basically he tucks in the front part of the shirt because he said it’s trend pfft) and black fitted jeans. Wait... something's weird here. Her glimpse is started to turn into a study of Park Jaehyung. He doesn't puts on his glasses. And he looks different... in ethereal way?  He moves his orbs at her direction as she looks away quickly. His fingers unconciously move towards her silky black hair as they start to tuck the strands of her hair behind her ear gently, exposing her soft rosy cheek as well as her long eyelashes.

The line starts to move forwards and both of them finally get their turns to sit in the train. “Watch your step.” he reminds her as gesturing her to sit first. "You have acrophobia?" He asks her as soon as he sit next to her.

"No but might develop it because this kinda scary."

The instructor turns on the megaphone and adjusts the amplifier, "Please fasten your seatbelt and sit properly," he walks along the connected car back and forth. "The safety bar is going down right now. It will secure your position."

"I don't even trust you," she mumbles towards the safety bar as the puffy cheek guy chuckles at her cute-and-nervous reaction.

"Raise your hand in the air," he nugdes her as gesturing her to do the same. She flashes a glare at him. "Fine, fine, I won’t distrub you.”

“Jae,” he hums in response. "Are you sure we are not going to die?"

"Trust me. It's fun."

"It's 'hella' fun," she scoffs. "I hate you, Jae."

"I love you, Sooyeon."

"Euw."

"Okay, we can go to anywhere that you wanna go right after we done with this. Deal?"

"...deal."

"Good. Hold my hand-" he pauses as she quickly grabs his palm. "...if you are scared."

The roller coaster starts to accelerate and it climbs up the rail as it is being pulled upwards slowly. "Crap, we are going higher," she shuts her eyes completely, as the strong wind started to caress her fai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter