Chapter 4

Like That Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The parents started to fetch their children from the kindergarten right after they finished their works. Jae is sitting on the swing at the kindergarten playground while awaiting for his little princess to come out from the kindergarten. A few seconds later, he felt a pair of small arms encircle around his neck from his back. He kisses and blows the small arms as he heard a giggle came from that little girl, “Dad, that’s ticklish.” he's jokingly tried to bite her arms and Yeonhee immediately loosens her grips and ran towards Sooyeon who is watching them since the beginning.

“Teacher, dad wants to bite me,” she hugs Sooyeon and peeking at her dad.

“Come here. I won’t bite you,” he spreads his arms to his kid. “Don’t be so clingy to your teacher,” he grabs Yeonhee from Sooyeon. Sooyeon just laughed at his words.

“Thank you for coming and teach the kids, Jae,” she smiles.

“Not a big problem,” he stabilizes Yeonhee in his embrace as well as the way he stand.

“Dad, I want to eat ice cream.” Yeonhee whispers to his ear.

“You want to eat ice cream?” She nods vigorously.

“Okay, we’ll eat that.”

“Dad,” she leans in again at her father’s ear. “Ask teacher to join us too.”

“Go ask her.”

“No. Dad needs to ask that,” she wraps her arms around her father’s neck.

Seriously, this kid…

“Uh Sooyeon…” he directs his gaze to Sooyeon who is still standing in front of him. “Are you busy after this?” He asks while rubbing her daughter’s back.

“No. Why?”

“Uh… Yeonhee said she wanna eat ice cream and there’s a new ice cream cafe that’s not far away from here plus I got an extra coupon for ice cream so-”

“So you want me to join the father and daughter’s date?”

“If you don’t mind… wait it’s not a date-”

“Hmm,” she stares at him while pursing her lips in thought. “Let me pack my thing first?”

“Yeah sure. We’ll wait here- oh you fall asleep already?” He checks on Yeonhee who is falling asleep on his shoulder. Jae sits at the bench while patting on Yeonhee’s back.

“Give me five minutes,” She runs to the staff room and pack her things into her bag. Wonpil suddenly appears out of nowhere and approaches her.

“Sooyeon.”

“Yes!” She glances him for a second and continue focusing on packing her stuff.

“Do you wanna join me and Dowoon for dinner?”

“Oh I’m so sorry, Wonpil. I got another things to do,” she starts to hang the bag at her shoulder.

“Oh your brother is picking you up?”

“No… Yeonhee asks me to company her to eat ice cream.”

“Yeonhee?” He crosses his arms. She hums to Wonpil while nodding her head. “Or it’s Yeonhee’s dad?” He wriggles his brows and Sooyeon is unconciously slapping his arm.

“Ouch that’s hurt!” He rubs his arm while pouting.

“Sorry Pil." She chuckles. "Ah, I need to go now. Say sorry to Dowoon!”

“Okay. Take care!”

“I will! Bye!” She waves to him and disappears in a few second as Wonpil stares at her.

When will I have the guts to confess to you, Park Sooyeon? Am I gonna let you go just like that?

*****

They arrived at the cafe and sit at the table that is placed right next to the window. Jae puts Yeonhee next to him and Sooyeon is sitting in front of him.

“Can I take your order?” The waiter approaches their table as soon as they sit.

“Yes. Can you recommend us your special menu?”

“I would like to recommend a family ice cream set where it comes with different flavour of ice cream and-”

“Uh we’re not-” Sooyeon interrupts.

“We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter