Chapter 8

Like That Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day2

The sun rays started to enter the entire house. It’s morning already. Luckily, the blanket was covering her face. She shifts her body to the right. A very long sigh came from . She squirms her legs and grunts while turning her body to the other side. She slowly pulls the blanket away to see the clock and- “Ah!” She covers back her face. Dang it, boy. I’m about to lose my soul.

“Dang girl can you stop screaming?” His eyelids blinks heavily while kneeling next to the couch with his sleepy face and messy hair.

“Can you stop making me startled?” She sits and he climbs up on the couch and sit next to her.

“Hey, my stomach is making a weird sound and I think it needs to process some food so-” he yawns.

“What time is it?”

“Breakfast time.”

“No- I mean, the clock,” she buries half of her face in her left palm.

“There,” he points at the clock on the wall.

6:30 a.m. Dang it’s so early.

“Give me a few minutes to wash up,” she put away the blanket and take the towel and walks to the bathroom. Sooyeon takes the toothpaste and squeezes it on her toothbrush and she starts to brush her teeth. She gargles while her hands violently make a ponytail. She washes her face. She wipes her face with towel gently.

A couple of knock was heard from the bathroom door. “Hey, can you please faster? I’m not hesitate to barge in-” he hits the door with his fingers and she opens it while wiping her face. She accidentally bangs her head on his chest. “Excuse me, miss. You are blocking my way.”

She ignores him while slipping herself through the small space between him and door while walking straightly towards kitchen. “What should I cook for the breakfast? Let’s see,” she starts to scan the refrigerator. “Jae! What do you wanna eat for breakfast?”

“Anything that can be eaten,” he answers vaguely.

She takes some ingredients from the refrigerator and brings them to the kitchen. Her hands works and handles the food quickly. She takes the pan and started to put the ingredients into the pan. Jae comes out from the bathroom and sit at the counter while watching her preparing the breakfast.

As Sooyeon was about to put the dishes into the plate, she realizes that she haven’t saw any plates at the kitchen. “Jae, where did you put your plates?”

“In the cabinet. Above your head,” he answers lazily.

“Crap. Why do tall people store those stuffs at the unreacheable place?” She mutters while trying to open the cabinet but she can’t even reach or see the plates since she’s short. A pair of a long fair hands appears from her back all of a sudden and his left hand covers her forehead from the cabinet door edges which made her leans accidentally against him as his right hand is reaching the plates.

“How many plates?”

“Uh… two.”

“Here. Next time...” he places the plate in front of her, “You can drag those chairs and climb up on it, shorty,” he pats her head and heads towards the counter.

Ugh. I’m not that short.

*****

He tucks in the fried rice and eggs. “Slow down. Gosh, a person who lost his country will not even eat like this,” she stares at him concernedly who isn’t bother with her words and keeps taking a big bite into his mouth. “Is it good?”

“I don’t normally have breakfast. Well, you know the food tastes best when someone else makes it,” he talks with the food that full in his mouth.

“I know, I know. Hey your cheeks look like a squirrel, chew the food slowly,” she pats his back.

"You owe me something," he engulfs the food.

"Huh?" She stares at him blankly, with mouth gapes.

"You said that you wanna spill out everything, remember?"

"Oh that. Give me a specific question."

"Why did you run away from your bro?"

"First of all, I am not running away from him." She let out a heavy sigh. "We were bickering about dad. He wants me to resign from kindergarten and he wants me to be a paediatric teacher at his hospital."

"So...what’s wrong with that?"

"You don’t understand. I have some crisis with my dad."

"Make the things clear. This helpline is willing to listen about your problem and concern."

"It’s a long story, Jae."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter