Chapter 3

Like That Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday morning

Sooyeon is rolling on her bed lazily. Accurately, she’s thinking about the meet-up. With Jae.

Wait. This is not even a date. Why am I being nervous for?

“You really need to get out from this bed, Park Sooyeon,” she murmurs to herself. She stand up and do some not-so-morning body stretching and she yawns. She walks to her wardrobe lazily. She slides the wardrobe’s door and stares blankly at her clothes. What should I wear for today? She takes a white shirt and black jeans from the wardrobe and throw them on the bed. She reaches her towel and heads to the bathroom.

*****

She pushes the door as the staff greets her from the counter. She scans the whole shop. There is no sign of his existence. Where is he?

She tucks her hand inside her pocket and took her phone. No message from him. She tries to text him.

 

Where are you? 

A woman wants to enter the shop but she doesn’t realized that she’s blocking the entrance door until she feels someone grabs her wrist and she's being pulled to the side.

“Sorry,” he bows at the woman. The woman just bows and smiles to him.

She’s still confused with the situation until she turns her head to her side and she saw a brown haired guy, still grabbing on her wrist. He turns his head to Sooyeon and directed his gaze to his hand and he releases the grab quickly.

“Sorry,” he apologizes while bowing his head to her.

“No, it’s okay. Thank you for dragging me to the side," she glides her hand along her neck while giving him an awkward smile. "I didn’t noticed that I stood in front of the main entrance.” 

“No problem. Do you want to order or-”

“Let’s order the sandwiches first,” she nods towards the counter. "I'm hungry," she murmurs to herself while patting her tummy.

“You haven't eat yet?"

"You heard it?" She blinks awkwardly while moving her red cheeks away from him.

"No. I saw you patted your tummy just now," he chuckles while pointing to her tummy. "Come, I don't want someone to die in hunger,” he drags her to the counter and they start ordering the food.

*****

“Please, have a sit,” he places the food on the table and he immediately pulls the chair for her to sit and then he moves to his seat.

“Thank you.”

“Sure,” he grins.

“So… you changed your hair colour? I didn’t recognized you just now. Your hair was blonde last time.”

“Oh, I forgot to inform you about this,” he runs his hand through his hair while dishevelling it. He takes a sip of his drink and started to unwrap the sandwich. “So…proceed with the agenda. Why do you want to meet me?”

“It’s about Yeonhee…” she proceeds the story and told him everything about her concerns towards Yeonhee; Yeonhee’s character development at kindergarten, how did she blends in with her peers and teachers.

“She doesn’t show that kind of behaviour when she’s home.” Jae shoves the sandwich into his mouth and chews it slowly.

“Really?” She stares at Jae who’s nodding to her question. “Sorry I know this is so sudden but… may I know where’s her mom?” She observes Jae’s reaction towards her question. Jae stop chewing the food and stares at Sooyeon. It’s indescribable stares.

“Her mom… she’s…” his phone suddenly lights up. He gets an incoming call.

“Sorry I need to answer this- Hello?” she nods as he gets up from his seat and walk out from the shop. Sooyeon unwrapped her sandwich and she eats it diligently since she didn’t eat anything since morning. He enters the shop and sits at his seat.

“Where did we stop just now?" He sits on his chair. "Oh… her mom… she’s gone. During giving birth of Yeonhee.”

“Oh… I-I’m really sorry for that.”

“It’s okay,” he smiles. “Are you done eating?”

“Yes.”

“Let’s take some fresh air,” they get up and walk out from the shop, side by side.

“By the way, are you free this Monday?” She breaks the silence.

“Yeah, why?” He turns his head at her direction.

“The kindergarten has organized an event where every parents has to teach a class once a year so I thought it would be nice if you can come and teach the kids.”

“I can teach them anything?”

“Yes plus you can see Yeonhee’s character at kindergarten.”

“Hmm, sounds interesting. What should I teach the kids huh?” He massages his invisible facial hair. “Ah I know! I’ll teach them how to date.”

She snorts.

"Are laughing at me?"

"Nope," she shakes her head vigorously.

“Just kidding. I think I’ll teach them basketball,” he says. A few seconds later he turns his head to Sooyeon’s direction “Wait…you haven’t call me ‘Jae’ right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter