Destination

Lost And Found
The girls had now reached Jeju in no time.
 
As their car took them to their desired haunted house, Irene saw Seulgi get more and more restless.
 
 
Seulgi took out a packet of chewing gum from her pocket and opened the packet with trembling hands.
 
She put the gum inside and started fiddling with the packet in her hand.
 
 
"Guys, we're just five minutes away from our destination. Be safe and call us if you need anything," their manager said.
 
"Five minutes? Yes!" Yeri shouted.
 
 
Seulgi's fiddling became more vigorous. 
 
The noise of the packet distracted everyone in the car.
 
Joy snatched the packet from Seulgi's hand and threw it out of the window.
 
 
"Dude, you're not 5! Stop!" she taunted.
 
Irene noticed how disheartened and sad Seulgi looked.
 
She took Seulgi's hand into hers and intertwined fingers.
 
"Hey! I said I'll look after you, remember? Don't be scared," she said, and smiled.
 
Seulgi felt her heart calm down. She let her grip on Irene's hand tighten, and smiled at her; the chewing gum still inside .
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
 
The car stopped in front of a fairly old, yet good-looking mansion.
 
The place was huge.
 
It had a small backyard and a garden.
 
The house, or rather, the mansion, had worn out white walls that were embraced by creepers and other tree branches growing out from everywhere.
 
 
The garden had nothing but some dull, green grass and a huge fountain made of plaster of paris.
 
The fountain seemed to have Greek architecture on it, with a little statue of an angel on top.
 
It was devoid of water and had small cracks everywhere.
 
 
"Let's take pictures," Yeri exclaimed and ran around with Joy.
 
Irene and Seulgi stood hand-in-hand.
 
Although Irene really wanted to observe the place, she just couldn't leave Seulgi alone.
 
 
Wendy noticed Irene's discomfort.
 
 
"Hey," Wendy approached Irene, "You can go and do whatever you want to. You've been looking after Seulgi for a long time now, leave her to me. I'll take care of her for now."
 
Irene smiled and uttered a small "thanks" as she let Seulgi's hand now slide into Wendy's grip.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
 
As Irene went around the house into the backyard and the two younger girls continued taking pictures, Wendy and Seulgi stood all by themselves.
 
 
"We're leaving then," their manager told them from behind.
 
"Yeah! Goodbye," Wendy waved to them, as the car left the gates.
 
 
Wendy noticed Seulgi's grip tighten even more.
 
Her hand felt like it would explode.
 
She looked at Seulgi, in hopes of letting her know about the condition she had put Wendy's hand into, but she noticed something weird.
 
 
There was sweat trickling down Seulgi's forehead, through the side of her face, onto her neck and inside her shirt.
 
Her eyes were shaky and her face was pale.
 
 
"Uhm," Wendy began asking, "Are you alright?"
 
Seulgi didn't seem to hear Wendy.
 
She nudged Seulgi with her elbow.
 
"Are you alright?!" she screamed, another time.
 
 
Seulgi was taken aback. She suddenly turned her head towards Wendy.
 
For a moment, she just stared at Wendy's face.
 
Suddenly, coming out of her trance, she said, "Yeah... I'm fine..."
 
 
"Something doesn't feel right," Wendy thought to herself.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
 
"The backyard is empty," Irene said, as she came from behind the two girls, almost shocking Seulgi and Wendy. 
 
"Right," Wendy replied.
 
Seulgi looked at Irene and unconsciously smiled.
 
She felt at ease everytime she was around Irene.
 
 
The sweat from her face faded and she let go of Wendy's hand, taking Irene's hand into hers.
 
 
"Don't leave me, please," she whispered into Irene's ear.
 
"I won't," Irene told her, as she caressed her cheek gently.