The Room

Lost And Found
The next morning, the girls had all gathered in the larger room for discussion.
 
 
Yeri sat and stared at the wall blankly. She was snapped out of her trance by Wendy.
 
 
 
"What's wrong?" Wendy asked.
 
 
Yeri sighed and looked down.
 
"So last night...." she began, telling everyone else the entire story.
 
 
 
After her narration was over, everyone stayed still.
 
Seulgi started getting restless again.
 
 
"I told you all in the very beginning, this wasn't a good idea," she said, with a slight shakiness in her voice.
 
 
"What if the spirit... or whatever paranormal being resides in this house... tries to get one of us...? What if someone else is the next target?" Irene asked, trying to warn the girls. 
 
 
"Pffft," Joy laughed, "Yeri was probably dreaming or something. I mean she's a kid after all."
 
Joy shrugged at the end of the sentence, making Yeri feel infuriated. 
 
 
"This is not a joke, Joy!" Yeri exclaimed in a loud and strong tone.
 
"Well show me the proof then," Joy retaliated.
 
 
Yeri got frustrated and left the room, banging the door as hard as she could on her way out.
 
 
 
"Look what you did," Irene scolded Joy, "you angered the poor girl. Just let her be!"
 
Irene went out to follow Yeri.
 
 
The other girls all followed Irene outside, one by one.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
 
Yeri and Irene were standing downstairs, in front of a room behind the flight of stairs.
 
 
Irene was comforting a crying Yeri.
 
 
Joy felt apologetic and went to comfort her.
 
 
 
After some arguing and crying, the girls sorted everything out between them and Joy hugged Yeri for an apology, when suddenly something caught her eye.
 
 
 
As she was hugging Yeri, whose back was facing the abandoned room, Joy realized that the room that was locked with chains had been busted into. 
 
 
 
The chains were broken and the lock was messily put back.
 
 
 
She frowned and headed towards the door, leaving the other girls clueless.
 
 
She dropped the lock onto the floor and slowly pushed the door open.
 
 
 
The room was empty.
 
 
There was nothing inside the room other than a broken chair and a dressing table that was cornered towards the wall.
 
 
 
The other girls had followed Joy into the room.
 
 
They all started exploring the room; except for Yeri and Seulgi, who stood in a corner, holding hands.
 
 
 
Joy stood in front of the dressing table.
 
 
It was an antique dressing table made of pure wood.
 
It had Greek architecture and a mirror fixated on it.
 
The mirror was broken from the corner.
 
 
 
Joy wiped the ample amount of dust off the mirror, very carefully with her bare hands.
 
 
She leaned in to get a closer look of the mirror, but accidentally knocked some stuff over as she tried to rest her hand on the table part in front of the mirror.
 
 
Looking down, she found that she had knocked out a small lead casket, a candle stand and a lipstick.
 
 
She felt like something was out of place.
 
 
 
How could there be a lipstick in such an old house?
 
 
 
She picked up the lipstick and opened it.
 
The other girls moved closer to her.
 
 
She rubbed it on the back of her hand and turned towards the other girls.
 
 
Suddenly, Yeri shouted, "Put that back!"
 
Yeri placed both her hands on her face and turned away from Joy.
 
 
 
Irene hinted Joy to put the lipstick out of sight with a slight head movement.
 
 
"Yeri, what's the matter?" Irene asked her, as she placed her hand on Yeri's shoulder for reassurance.
 
 
 
"The lipstick... The letter..." she muttered slowly.
 
 
 
The older girls exchanged looks with each other and brought Yeri out of that room.
 
 
Wendy and Seulgi took her back to her room as Joy closed the door and placed the lock back in place.
 
 
 
After closing the door, Joy faced Irene.
 
Irene said, "Maybe we should leave this place..."
 
 
 
"Do you think it'll be that easy to leave this place?" Joy replied.