Aftermath I

Same Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometime around 2016

 

Tears.

 

Minatozaki Sana’s eyes drip with tears. It does not stop like she was cursed to have a waterfall from her eyes.

 

She heaves followed by another one.

 

And another one.

 

Her whole body is heavy but the heaviest is her heart. It repels against her action.

 

Her action of walking away.

 

Walking away from Momo.

 

Every step she takes, she feels her heart pulling her back. It wanted to stay there.

 

Talk to Momo.

 

Resolve everything.

 

But Sana had reached her boiling point.

 

The point in this relationship that she thought she had given too much.

 

She isn’t the one to measure nor count things but…

 

She left her family in Japan to be with Momo.

 

She grabs the first job offer she got so they can live without the help of their parents.

 

She attends Momo’s events even though she has worked the following day.

 

She slaves herself at work, so she can provide the things they need.

 

She did not even have any social life.

 

She has always put Momo as her top priority.

 

Why can’t Momo do the same thing?

 

Why would she hurt Sana so much with her anger?

 

With her insecurities?

 

“I did not ask for you to do any of it!”

 

The louder the voice Momo echoes in Sana’s head the more tormented Sana has become.

 

The more she feels like falling.

 

She has a lot of questions.


She has a lot of things she wants to say.

 

Arguments she wants to discuss.

 

She is hurt.

 

Angry.

 

Pissed.

 

She feels undervalued.

 

But above all, her heart still wants Momo.

 

Only Momo.

 

Sana finds herself in front of the door of her two best friends.

 

All of the people Sana knows are friends with Momo too.

 

They have the same group of friends.

 

They have shared everything all their life and that includes the circle they hang out with.

 

Sana has nowhere to go.

 

Shall she go to Nayeon? She is her senior. Why would Sana have her involved in a very personal matter?

 

Another option she is considering is flying to Japan.

 

But, even though Momo had hurt her or they have broken up.

 

There is a part in Sana that does not want her parents to know about everything that happened.

 

She does not want them to hate Momo.

 

She wants to protect her to them at the very least.

 

So…

 

Sana presses the doorbell.

 

She hears footsteps approaching the door.

 

When the person opens the door.

 

Sana jumps on her.

 

She hugs her like this is the lifeline she needed.

 

She cries louder.

 

Heaves louder.

 

Sobs louder.

 

“…. Oh my gosh, Sana? What happened?”

 

Kim Dahyun asks in wary.

 

“Is that the … Sana?”

 

Park Jihyo stands in surprise seeing Sana wrecked in Dahyun’s arms.

 

Kim Dahyun and Park Jihyo.

 

They are Sana’s friends during college.

 

Dahyun is Momo’s junior in Computer Science.

 

Jihyo is her cousin.

 

They try to calm Sana in the living room.

 

There are tons of tissue paper that Sana used to wipe her tears but it’s not stopping.

 

“Maybe you should try to talk to Momo, I think she did not mean anything she said,” Dahyun says cooing Sana.

 

“NO! don’t talk to her, why are you going to be the one initiating to resolve this again, haven’t you done so much for her!?” Jihyo scolds.

 

Sana sobs.

 

“Why would Sana waste the five years they spent together and break up with her with just one argument?” Dahyun defends Momo.

 

“One argument!?” Jihyo hisses.

 

“It’s not just an argument! It’s Momo’s lack of understanding and appreciation towards everything that Sana has done, while Sana is working her off, Momo is lurking around with her friends, partying and enjoying dance battles, going to clubs, drinking and so on! What does she think of Sana? Her sugar mommy?” She continues.

 

“If she really likes to get Sana back, she should work for it, not let Sana do it again. That is why couples end up unhappy and unfaithful, because of doing not put behind everything you’ve been through to all those years, come on, if it does not work, then don’t force it, move on and live your life,” she adds proudly.

 

Dahyun lowers her shoulder.

 

“That is why there are those who end up having regrets because they have decided to walk away than compromising,” Dahyun argues.

 

“Compromising is not bad at all, but it should be done in both parties not done only in one party, that is not compromising that’s sacrificing, being a martyr or what have you. Don’t you think it is time for Sana to love herself? To think of herself than Momo!?”

 

Jihyo’s voice becomes louder.

 

“Why are you being so involved about this? I mean it is Sana and Momo,” Dahyun argues.

 

“I am not too much involved, I just don’t think Sana should go back home and initiate to talk about this, it’s Momo’s fault they ended up like this, she should at least man up and own it, gets Sana back!”

 

Jihyo puts her hands on her waist.

 

Dahyun glares at Jihyo.

 

Sana looks at them.

 

And no matter how much she feels so down.

 

The care she feels around Jihyo and Dahyun puts a smile on her face.

 

She is obviously thankful for the two.

 

They look at Sana intently.

 

They can see the sadness in her eyes.

 

They sigh.

 

Then.

 

“Augh come here,”

 

They said in unison.

 

They sandwich Sana in a comforting hug.

 

“You’ll get through this, you’ll eventually figure out what you want to do,”

 

Dahyun says encouraging Sana.

 

“You can stay as long as you want, you can even live here, we have an extra room,” Jihyo offers.

 

Sana nods.

 

She starts crying again.

 

The tears.

 

The pain.

 

She does not know if it will ever stop.

 

She hopes it will.

 

Or…

 

 

 

 

Sana lays on the bed.

 

She is staring blankly on the space beside her.

 

It feels empty sleeping without Momo beside her.

 

She grabs her phone hoping to see at least a message or a miscall from Momo.

 

She is looking at it.

 

Waiting for it to buzz.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter