Same Ground_Finale

Same Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost Midnight - 2019 New Year

 

“Are you ready, yet?”

 

Hirai Momo looks at her watch. She is tapping her foot on the ground as she is waiting for her girlfriend who is putting a lot of accessory for a simple New Year Party with friends.

 

“Almost done, Love,” Sana’s sweet voice makes Momo sigh.

 

Momo smiled with the endearment. The butterflies in her stomach never get tired.

 

Will never get tired.

 

Sana needs to peek out of their room seeing if Momo left her. There is a sense of panic on Sana’s face.

 

But it is replaced by a cute smile when she sees Momo standing leaning on the wall holding her chest.

 

“Are you okay?” Sana asks moving to Momo.

 

She puts her arms around Momo’s neck, and automatically Momo puts her hands on Sana’s waist.

 

“I’m perfectly fine, it’s just I can’t believe that I’m here, you’re here, we are here,” Momo says dreamily.

 

Sana smiles.

 

She looks at Momo like she means the world to her.

 

She does mean the world to her.

 

“Well, you kept on pushing yourself to me, no matter how much I push you away,” Sana trolls her girlfriend.

 

Momo laughs.

 

They look at each other for a long minute.

 

Their eyes offer love.

 

A promise of love.

 

A world of love.

 

They never left, that love stays and would stay.

 

Like magnets their faces attract, and they kiss each other.

 

It is so deep.

 

They parted with a smile.

 

Sana knows what is going on inside Momo’s mind.

 

“NO!” Sana pulls away.

 

Momo pouts the same pout that never fails to make Sana’s heart skips a beat.

 

“We’ll be late at that party,”

 

“But – “

 

“No, Momo!”

 

Sana reprimands.

 

Momo rolls her eyes.

 

“Why did we even agree to attend that party?” She whines.

 

Sana laughs.

 

“Because we did, and you said you have something for me, right?” Sana teases Momo.

 

“I do?” Momo plays dumb.

 

Sana pouts.

 

She is not expecting anything at all. But, she knows Momo especially when her girlfriend wants something from her.

 

Momo chuckles.

 

“I do have something for you,  this gorgeous bo -day!” Momo grinds ily.

 

Sana blushes.

 

Of course, Momo is the iest human alive for her.

 

“Nevermind, hmmm,” Sana pushes Momo lightly.

 

Then she walks away towards their door.

 

“Yah, you’re lucky that I’m yours, you know a lot of people enrolls to our gym because of me, I’m somewhat a celeb, yah know,” Momo playfully banters.

 

She chases Sana.

 

“Bite me,” Sana sarcastically comments.

 

Momo chuckles.

 

She loves teasing Sana.

 

She chases her.

 

When she caught up, she wraps her inside her arms.

 

“YAH!”

 

“You told me to bite you,” Momo reasons out.

 

Yes, she did bite Sana.

 

“Not funny, let’s just go before you start your new year with alone,” Sana threatens.

 

Momo chuckles.

 

“I love you,” she says sweetly.

 

“I love you too,” Sana response automatically.

 

She stops realizing that she did.

 

She looks at Momo, glaring.

 

“I hate you!” Sana whines apparently her act of being mad at Momo diminishes.

 

“Come here,” Momo scoops Sana’s hand and kisses it.

 

They look at each other in a long minute.

 

They look so in love.

 

They look –

 

Home.

 

As if they want to say things to each other.

 

Words they kept.

 

“Sana –“

 

“Momo –“

 

They call each other’s name in unison.

 

They fall in great shock.

 

“Are you going to say something?” They once again ask each other at the same time.

 

They open their mouths.

 

They both look tensed.

 

“Uhmm…” Momo is fidgeting.

 

Sana is looking at the ground.

 

“We should get going, yeah?” Sana lifts the tension out.

 

What is going on?

 

Why are they tense with each other?

 

“Sure, we should,” Momo nods slowly.

 

They walk hand and hand.

 

“Sana –“ Momo calls again.

 

“hmm?” Sana is also nodding slowly to herself.

 

“I -  love you so much,” Momo lets out.

 

“… Momo,” Sana calls with so much anticipation.

 

“hmm?” Momo stops and looks at Sana.

 

“… hmm, I been –“ Sana is contemplating what to say next. “I’m happy to be with you, and I love you too,” Sana smiles.

 

There is something up.

 

But none of them seem to know what it is.

 

What could it be?

 

 

 

 

Sometime around 2018

 

“Don’t you have a lot of friends, to do this with you?”

 

Yoo Jeongyeon whines.

 

This is the sixth shop that Momo dragged her to.

 

“I do, but they are useless, and surely, before I propose to Sana they’ll spill it to her, they are their loyalist,” Momo keeps her eyes on the displays of rings.

 

“Their loyalist? What a term,” Jeongyeon shrugs her shoulders.

 

She tries to busy herself by looking around the sixth expensive jewelry shop that they went to.

 

She looks at Momo and smiles.

 

She has never seen Momo this way. Sure, they have been working together for a very long time but Momo has never been this happy.

 

This excited.

 

Maybe, Sana could do all these to Momo.

 

“Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon, stop looking at me like you are in love with me!” Momo mutters.

 

“Stop watching too much drama, it does not suit you, just chose already!” Jeongyeon deadpans.

 

Momo sighs.

 

“What?” Jeongyeon moves next to her.

 

“It’s just –“

 

“Are you not sure about proposing? I mean, you won her back and go through a lot –“ Jeongyeon is cut off.

 

“NO! I’m sure, I’m so sure that I want to marry her and spend every living second of my life with her, it’s just, I want to give her the perfect ring, a ring that would look good on her, I mean everything will look good on her,” Momo bites her lower lips.

 

“But something that would sparkle when I see it, the – this one!” Momo excitedly runs to the oval diamond ring displayed.

 

The spark she has been looking for appears in front of her.

 

It is a platinum ring with a diamond stone in the middle.

 

Momo takes a deep breath.

 

She looks at the ring.

 

“Wow, it’s beautiful,” Jeongyeon comments. “Hope it’ll not come to waste if she says no,” She jokes.

 

“You’re totally not invited to my wedding,” Momo whines.

 

“If there is a wedding,” Jeongyeon jokes.

 

Momo glares at her.

 

Jeongyeon laughs.

 

Then they look at each other seriously for a moment.

 

They smile at each other.

 

“What if Sana says no?” Momo nervously asks.

 

“You practically been together since all your life, of course, she’d say yes, she’d be happy to spend her life with you too,” Jeongyeon reassures.

 

“You only met her twice, how could you say that? Now, I’m freaking out,”

 

“Momo are you kidding me? If there is something sure about this world, that is Sana and you ending up together, growing old together,” Jeongyeon smiles.

 

“I know for a fact that you love each other, damn, it makes me want to fall in love too whenever I see the two of you, Congrats, man,”

 

“If Sana rejects me, will you drink up with me all night?” Momo looks nervous.

 

“I’d pick up a good vacuum as my wedding gift,” Jeongyeon pats Momo. “When are you planning to do it?”

 

“New Year’s Eve, I’d like to start this year right, with her, with us, I hope I can wait until then,” Momo sounds excited.

 

Jeongyeon smiles to Momo. She is happy that Momo seems very happy.

 

Tears appeared in Momo’s eyes as the ring is wrapped beautifully in front of her.

 

She smiles with her heart jumping in joy.

 

She just can’t wait to put it on Sana already.

 

There is no other person she would spend a lifetime with than her dream.

 

Than Sana.

 

 

 

 

Almost Midnight - 2019 New Year

 

“You are really loving this whole party thing, yeah?”

 

Hirai Mina walks in the kitchen to get herself something to drink. She spots the host, Park Jihyo.

 

They are inside the house of Dahyun and Jihyo. Sana moved out a month ago, she is living back with Momo.

 

The cousins hosted a party for the New Year.

 

Jihyo is in the kitchen taking care of everything. She looks up seeing the arrogant, cute Hirai in front of her.

 

“That is so you, finding a place to hide from the crowd, and bugging me, of course,” Jihyo raises a brow.

 

She tries decorating the cake she baked.

 

“Bugging you? Is it a coincidence that you are at the wrong place at my right time,” Mina defends cockily?

 

“Wow, we have never grown from that act, have we?” Jihyo throws her in annoyance.

 

Mina laughs.

 

Jihyo is surprised why Mina is laughing.

 

She looks at her straight. Jihyo blushes, how long has it been since she saw Mina laugh?

 

Or, how long had it been since she is inside a room with this Hirai?

 

They had a connection, but things did not work out, only because Mina chickened out.

 

She did!

 

Jihyo sighs.

 

She focuses back on what she is doing.

 

Mina feels the awkwardness from Jihyo.

 

“Sana and Momo got back together, and I saw how my sister suffered and fought back for what she wants, I was cheering up on her, but before that,” Mina clenches her jaw.

 

Jihyo stops whatever she is doing.

 

She does not know how to react to Mina’s rambles.

 

First, she thinks that whatever it is, it has nothing to do with her.

 

And second, they were barely anything at all. Yes, they dated but stopped all of a sudden.

 

“Mina, I don’t –“

 

Jihyo’s eyes are wide open. She is stuck at that very ground where she is rooted.

 

She feels cold hands wraps her arms.

 

And, she feels a pair soft lip on hers.

 

Mina’s eyes are closed.

 

Jihyo tries to wiggle her body, and protest but she just gave up.

 

Mina kisses her.

 

Jihyo’s shoulder relaxed and she kisses back.

 

Mina pulls away, she smiles.

 

“Should have tried that long ago, it was always hard to shut you up,” Mina teases.

 

And Jihyo glares at her.

 

“Yah!” Jihyo is supposed to slap Mina.

 

The latter holds her hand and kiss her again.

 

“Happy New – Oh! We’re kissing already, I mean you, Uhm.. hello, “ Chaeyoung awkwardly comments.

 

“Whose kissing who?”  Dahyun enters.

 

She sees Mina and Jihyo in position.

 

“Finally,”  She says like she has been waiting for this to happen all her life.

 

“YAH, Kim Dahyun, what do you mean finally? Like I even like this arrogant girl! I really don’t like any Hirai! –“ Park Jihyo comments but was cut off again.

 

Because Mina pulls her for another kiss.

 

Jihyo is trying to resist but Mina is not giving.

 

The kiss went deeper until Jihyo kisses back.

 

Dahyun and Chaeyoung try to cover each other’s eyes by putting their hands on their eyes but it was just a font.

 

They split their fingers to create a hole for them to watch it of course.

 

Mina pulls away.

 

“Thought, that was my cue to shut you up again,” Mina smirks.

 

Jihyo is blushing like crazy.

 

“They like each other, right?” Chaeyoung whispers.

 

“They LOVE each other since college, been flirting and now, finally!” Dahyun comments.

 

“What about this?” Chaeyoung shows something to Dahyun.

 

“Oh, that,” Dahyun smiles.

 

“Yah, love birds, stop making out, we have something to do, remember?” Dahyun shows whatever Chaeyoung showed her to the two.

 

“Oh, yeah that is why your prepping dessert,” Mina acknowledges it.

 

“Shut up,” Jihyo is still blushing.


She is acting tough, but she is flowing in the inside.

 

“Give that to me! And go away, Hirai!” Jihyo is not looking at Mina.

 

Mina chuckles.

 

“I’ll distract you less, but we’ll talk about why you kissed me,”

 

“I did not! You are the –“

 

Mina pokes Jihyo’s nose.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter