New Relationships 

Worthier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 | New Relationships

“Hyun, are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Seulgi is still worried about what this meeting with Jisoo and her wife would bring her. Maybe death, she thinks. No matter how much she asked Joohyun if she’s sure on doing this, her wife just assures her with a knowing glare.

“Kang Seulgi! If you ask that question one more time, I swear to god I will divorce you and you will never see our kids grow up.” Joohyun is really irritated with how Seulgi is handling this. She also knows that Tiffany-unnie is right. She needs to do this. They need Jisoo to make this plan work because if not, the irreparable damage to Kang Electronics is going to be big. Especially now that Seulgi is getting ready for the CEO position.

“Alright. I’ll stay with Rowoon and Sejeong in their office and catch up with them. I’d ask them how they are as twins.” Seulgi says as she lets go of Joohyun’s hand. Right now, this is the only thing she can do. She understands it when her wife is being like this. She can also see that Joohyun is determined. And when Joohyun is determined, whatever it is, she would get it. So she retreats.

----

“Noona, are you sure you should be here?” Rowoon asks Seulgi. He remembers how the pictorial went last time and it was definitely not good. “Don’t Jisoo-unnie and Joohyun-unnie need a referee?” He jokes.

“I’m sure they’d be fine.” Sejeong says. She thinks both her unnies would sort it out or whatever. Since now that Jisoo, her sister is the one managing big projects in the company, she cannot do anything about helping Seulgi.

“How is Jisoo doing?” Seulgi asks the twins. She isn’t sure if she is supposed to ask this. She hasn’t called Jisoo after that last meeting they had, that day when she got closure. And Jisoo never called her back too. So being the care bear she is, she just needs to ask.

“Unnie? She’s been getting worked up with the company these days. I think she’s starting to really move on. The Harvard unnies sometimes take her on night outs.” Sejeong reassures Seulgi.

“How’s baby making with Daniel?” Seulgi tries to get the topic to change. For her, it is getting awkward. “I always catch him sleeping at work.” She chuckles.

“We’re still trying, unnie!” Sejeong says as her face turns red in embarrassment.

“Anyway, congratulations because you’re having twins!” Rowoon says. He’s been really looking forward for the twins to be born. That way, he and Suji can finally arrange their marriage. If it weren’t for the Baes wish, he would have proposed immediately. “And I offer my condolences. I know, Sejeong and I were more than a handful.” He looks at his sister with a knowing smirk.

“Don’t try and scare unnie! Having twins isn’t that bad.” Sejeong says to the eldest in the room. “You’ll do fine as a parent, unnie. I just know it.” Sejeong says.

Both of the twins are sharing things about them and their childhood to Seulgi.

---

As Joohyun knocks on the door, she tries to keep her composure. She isn’t sure what she would actually say to Jisoo at this moment. Last time was like a knot in the thread they cannot undo. She just hopes she wouldn’t mess this up.

“Hey, unnie!” Jisoo says with a smile printed on her face.

Joohyun thinks this is awkward. Is Jisoo pretending or just acting to be happy to see her? “Hi, Jisoo.” She says as she lets the younger woman clu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter