Welcome to the World!

Worthier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14 | Welcome to the World!

“Sungjae, I really apologize for ruining your wedding.” Seulgi takes out the check book from her wife’s purse and then writes a handsome amount that she thinks will be enough to cover all the expenses. She then hands it to the familiar young lad in front of her.

“Noona, it’s alright. I really think the wedding wasn’t meant to be. Even from the start, it didn’t seem right since I knew Sooyoung was with someone else. If it weren’t for our parents’ persistence, I wouldn’t really push through with it. We’ve already talked about it before coming here, and we will not be pushing through the wedding. And I’m thinking I should let Sooyoung go, I don’t think we could be ever more than friends.” Sungjae promptly declined and smiled widely. He looks to the side to see Sooyoung looking towards her ex. He thinks it wouldn’t do him any good as an instrument of separation of a love that looks like that.

“I insist.” Seulgi further contended. She was moved by how understanding this young man is to even give up Sooyoung. She would really feel bad knowing that she owes the Yook conglomerate one.

“I know you won’t take a no for an answer. Why don’t you just invest that money to make our partnership stronger?” Sungjae suggested. “That way, I can take this without any burdens.” He then takes the piece of check and sees how many zeroes it has.

Seeing how shocked the man in front of her, Seulgi just laughs. “See, you should’ve taken it the first time I offered. What about half for yourself and half for our shared investment?” She purposely doubled what the Yooks offered for Sooyoung’s dowry.

“Of course, noona. If ever you need anything, don’t hesitate to tell me. I will forever be grateful.” Sungjae bowed the lowest he could. He didn’t expect that today will be his lucky day.

“I’ll take note of that.” Seulgi pats Sungjae’s shoulder and takes her leave. She sits beside her best friend in the lobby.

“Seul, look at Sooyoung looking at Yerim.” Seungwan casually murmurs to her best friend. It has been a while since Joohyun went behind those closed doors.

Seulgi obliged to look at what Seungwan was talking about. And indeed, it’s still a pain that those two are being like that. It’s truly a very unfortunate situation to be in. “Did you know the Yook boy decided not to marry Sooyoung?”

“He did?” Seungwan cannot hide the emotion in her face.

“Apparently, he thinks he and Sooyoung wouldn’t be ever more than friends because of Yerim. He and Sooyoung talked it out before coming here.” Seulgi answers her best friend. She also wonders how her wife is doing. Though Jennie already told them multiple pregnancies often lead to premature labor, she still didn’t expect it to be this early, way this early.

“So, what you’re saying is, Yerim doesn’t know yet?” Seungwan further inquired. She’s kind of rooting that their maknaes would end up together. Ever since Seulgi’s love life turned out like a fairy tale, she’s got this hunch that everyone of them in the group would have the same outcome.

“Since you aren’t going to be married for at least a year, I’d be bestowing you the great responsibility of taking care of those two while I get my hands full with the twins.” Seulgi is excited, really. Finally, from her hip, comes two little babies that she and Joohyun will cherish forever. It’s another phase in her life, and quite frankly everything’s going too fast for her. Not that she thinks it’s a bad thing, but she thinks everything’s going too good for her. That at one point, everything might vanish in one second like the candle sticks in a graph of the crypto market going down after a good peak.

This earns Seulgi a very hard jab in the ribs. “What was that for!” She almost shouted.

“For leaving me to fix those two! How can you do this to me!” Seungwan retorts. There’s just something about Seulgi that’s different fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter