Unexpected Expectation

Worthier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 | Unexpected Expectation

“Hyun, are you feeling alright?” Seulgi pulls herself to sit on the bed when she hears Joohyun rushing to the bathroom. It seemed like her wife is throwing up.

When she doesn’t hear an answer, she goes out of bed and checks on her wife. “Hyun, are you feeling sick?” She asks worriedly.

“Seul, I think we’ve succeeded this time.” Joohyun wipes and hugs Seulgi.

“What do you mean?” Seulgi knows exactly what her wife means. She just needs to ask rhetorically. She stands frozen, unable to hug her wife back.

“We should go to the hospital, just to be sure.” Joohyun suggests.

—-

Kim Jennie is an acquaintance Seulgi and Joohyun met at the proving grounds. Apparently, Seungwan is close with the Korea University Medical Center’s youngest heir and only daughter because of their business transactions pertaining to the medical field.

Jennie was the doctor Seulgi consulted for the marrow extraction last time. Seulgi didn’t believe that Jennie is younger than her by two years and she’s already a specialized gynecologist.

Seulgi holds Joohyun’s hand as Jennie performs the ultrasound. The doctor runs the device over to Joohyun’s abdomen and they check the screen for that single dot.

“Congratulations! Joohyun-sshi, you’re pregnant.” Jennie beams as she reads the test results. After two months of trying insemination, they’ve finally gotten a good result.

Jennie sees that the couple is just as happy as she is. She has been close to the couple ever since they came to her for help. “You’re going to be a dad soon, since you were the one who produced the . But that’s just in medical terms.”

“Thank you, so much. You don’t know what it means to me.” Joohyun is crying tears of joy.

“Hyun, don’t cry.” Seulgi wipes her wife’s tears but her own face is running with tears too.

“You both are cute, unnies. I expect to see you together at checkups. Please don’t stress out Joohyun-unnie.” Jennie hands Seulgi some prescriptions. “Call me if you need anything.”

—-

At the car, Seulgi just cannot believe she’s going to be a parent soon. She looks at Joohyun who is seating beside her.

“Aren’t you starting the car, babe? Are you going to stare at me until the sun goes down?” Joohyun jokes. She is still surprised that they have gotten this far.

“I love you, Hyun.” Seulgi cups her wife’s cheeks with both of her hands and kisses Joohyun.

She breaks the kiss and starts the car’s engine, smiling sheepishly.

“Who do we break the news first?” Joohyun asks her wife.

—-

Seulgi drove to the cemetery with Joohyun right away as they decided they would. They stand by the hill her mother is buried.

“Mom, we have great news! Joohyun and I are going to be parents.” Seulgi tells to the wind. It is really breezy in the afternoon.

“We promise to visit you often with ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter