On Air

Worthier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 | On Air

Seulgi never finds it nerve-wracking to speak in front of people. But this one, this interview, is supposed to be on live television. Of all the time slots Jisoo would choose, it’s the Saturday late night show.

Most of the Harvard unnies majored in business like Seulgi. One of them is Lee Soonkyu. Though her family is of political influence, she chose to be an entertainer. It wasn’t a good shot. But Soonkyu-unnie is somewhat one of the most approachable among the Harvard unnies. She is sure that she’s in good hands, knowing that the one and only Lee Soonkyu is doing it.

“Seulgi, don’t be nervous. I got you. Just get me that auto-drive featured car and I’ll forever be on your side.” Soonkyu tries to flash a devilish smile towards Seulgi as they wait for the “ON AIR” light to be on.

“How’s Henry-oppa? I haven’t seen him for a while.” Seulgi initiates the small talk. She doesn’t really want her jitters to appear in front of the whole nation. No, not after the incident with Jeong Jinwoon.

“He’s overseas, again. He’s chasing deals with our production agency. His connections in China are getting big nowadays.” Soonkyu says with pride for her husband.

“No plans on kids yet?” Seulgi finds it amazing that she gets to open topics with other people since Joohyun became pregnant.

Soonkyu chuckles. “Kid, you got balls to ask that because you’re having twins.” She never thought that she and her hoobae would freely talk like this again. Not after pushing Seulgi with Jisoo at Harvard. She was the one who’s in business major with them and she was the one who set them up, together with Seungwan. “Not yet, actually. I can’t have a baby bump if I want to keep my show.”

Seulgi missed this. Now that she and Jisoo are finally okay, maybe one of these days, the three of them can bond again, of course now with Joohyun. She laughs at the thought of it.

“Retain that blissful smile, Seul. You’ll look perfect like that in the cameras.” Soonkyu reminds her hoobae.

The late night show finally starts and the people in the audience are very much enthusiastic for Seulgi’s appearance.

“Tonight, we have a special guest. Future CEO of Kang Electronics and my Harvard hoobae, Kang Seulgi!” Soonkyu opens a little too brightly like she always does.

With little jitters Seulgi flashes her toothy smile just like Soonkyu recommended. It isn’t new to her with these kinds of set up, but she still is nervous. “Hey. I’m Kang Seulgi of Kang Electronics.” She says subtly.

“Kang! You’re a bit stiff! Loosene up a little.” Soonkyu says as they earn encouraging laughs from the audience. “You’re having twins. Everybody is keen on that news. And Tonight with Soonkyu will get the first scoop on that.”

“Yeah, Joohyun convinced me that it is better if we have kids as early as now. Thank science for technology! We’re having twins.” Seulgi cannot help but gush over her wife’s pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter