Best Kind of Objection

Worthier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 | Best Kind of Objection

Seulgi thought Sooyoung would outgrow the pride game. With only a day before the wedding, she and her wife were eagerly waiting for their dear friend’s call. If it were up to her, she’d just talk to Sungjae, and things would work out fine. After all, the Yooks have been one of their oldest partners in the industry. But alas, their anticipation is replaced by fear that it would be the end of their maknaes’ love story.

“Seul, shouldn’t we do something by now?” Joohyun constantly checks her phone for any notification that might be from Sooyoung. It’s just that with how Seulgi acted with meeting with Sooyoung last time, it’s possible that the younger lady would choose not to contact Seulgi at all. She knew that her wife had her reasons. And frankly, the reasons were pretty valid in her defense. But seeing how Yerim is tormented with this situation, it breaks her heart that they aren’t doing anything make a resolve.

“You know how I feel about this, Hyun. Unless Sooyoung lets down her pride, we won’t be able to help them.” Seulgi tries to be as firm as possible. She used to not care for other people, unless it was Seungwan. But now, it is like she adopted two teenage rebellious daughters who cannot seem to swallow their pride. She wonders, how things would be when the twins are at this age.

“I know, I know. But how about we try and persuade Sooyoung more?” Irene could just blurt out. She is definitely running out of ideas. She could also feel Seulgi’s frustration about this matter as well.

“Forget it. It’s something we shouldn’t be meddling with, my Hyun.” Seulgi pats her pregnant wife’s bump. It seems to soothe Joohyun’s mood a bit.

“I just cannot believe this happened too quickly.” Irene finally accepts defeat when her phone rang in her hands. “It’s Yerim!” She mouths to her wife.

“Unnie, I’m going to the wedding tomorrow.” Yerim said as she looks at the white dress she’s going to wear. She makes sure there isn’t any crease that she missed.

“Are you sure you’re going to be fine?” Joohyun replied as she looks at her wife who has no idea on what Yerim is talking about. She’s actually tempted to put it in loudspeaker mode but she decides not to.

“Tell Seulgi-unnie, to stop worrying so much. She and Seungwan-unnie are trying to coax me not to attend the wedding and instead just go to Pattaya with them tomorrow.” Yerim actually muted notifications from both unnies, as they were trying to convince her to not attend the wedding at all costs.

Joohyun rolled her eyes. So much for telling they shouldn’t meddle with things at hand, only to find out that her wife has other plans with Yerim. “I will, and I’ll see you tomorrow, Yerim-ah!” She heard the other person on the line end the call.

“So? What did she say?” Seulgi is filled with anticipation. She badly wants to know what Yerim said because apparently, she and Seungwan have been blocked or whatever from their maknae’s contacts.

“KAAANG SEEULGIIIII! You’re planning to go to Pattaya without me?” Joohyun could only scratch her head in frustration. Her wife wasn’t going to play fair with her.

Seulgi flinches away from her wife, afraid she might get hit. Lately, Joohyun’s hand had been heavier. “It’s not like you can travel with your current state, Hyun!”

“And you’re going to leave me alone?” Joohyun is on the verge of crying. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter