First Visit

Worthier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 | First Visit

“I heard the new Kang couple is visiting the bartering circle today.” Kim Jongin starts the topic like it’s a gossip fanning into wildfire. “Kang Seulgi was actually my classmate in high school. She’s a ing smart- kid but was too aloof.”

“It’s about time. I am dying to get my hands on their auto-drive feature. It isn’t actually released in the market yet.” Do Kyungsoo swings his arms around his mate.

“That couple knows a lot about business. They went on patenting that feature before they released it. This prevents other motor companies no choice but get it from them instead of copying it.” Park Sandara sips from her glass. She’s been eyeing the couple under the internet radar. She’s interested in doing some business with them.

“Speak of the devils, they are here.” Ahn Sohee looks at the entrance gesturing for the others to look too.

---

“Hyun, do you know anyone from here?” Seulgi asks her wife. She’s been feeling really nervous meeting these business people for the first time.

“I might know some batch mates.” Joohyun looks at her wife. She sees Seulgi’s suit is a bit wrinkled. She smiles and straightens it out. “You’re a very clumsy bear. I ironed this out for you and you’d always end up creasing it.”

Seulgi cannot help but kiss her wife in the cheek. Joohyun has been taking care of her too well. Both of them are very much adjusted to married life. And she thinks last night’s talk was something to ponder on too. “You’re always there to fix it for me, so I think it’s okay.” She cannot see anyone else but her wife in this moment.

“Joooohyun!” The tall and bubbly lady shouts from the other side of the mansion hurries to get towards them.

“Yongsun!” Joohyun greets the lady and they hug as they squeal like grade school girls. It has been long since they’ve seen each other. “Where are my manners?” She breaks the hug and links arms with Seulgi. “This is my wife, Kang Seulgi.” She introduces proudly.

“Hey.” Seulgi looks at her wife’s friend with a smile. She thought Joohyun doesn’t have friends.

“I’m Kim Yongsun. I used to be in our high school cheerleading team with Joohyun.” Yongsun flashes her white teeth with a wide smile.

By this point, not everyone in the club chooses to carry out his or her spouse’s last name when they are married. There’s something you must do before you marry each other. That is to check if there are overlapping genealogies on both sides.

Taking another’s surname is a complete risk. Not only does one revoke their dominance in a merger, it also takes a lot of sacrifice and disown your own name. That’s why only a few couples of the bartering circle have done it.

“I didn’t know Joohyun is a cheerleader.” Seulgi exchanges looks with her wife. She now knows why her wife is so flexible when they’re in bed. She chuckles at the thought of it. “That explains why.”

“She was so popular in high school. But then, Joohyun never met up with us when she started working at their company.” Yongsun voices out. She has been missing Joohyun all these years. Though both she and her wife, Moonbyul has been invited to their wedding, she didn’t have the chance to say hello and wishes to the newlyweds.

“It’s not too late, we can hang out now.” Joohyun seems excited. She’s been a homebody

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter