Pregnant Blues Again?

Worthier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 | Pregnant Blues Again?

The night is young and if it were Seulgi in her bachelorette days, she would have been in the club mansion drinking her heart out with a handful of friends. But this is her life now. Taking care of her pregnant wife and in more or less five months, she and her wife will welcome their twins. She has never been excited and nervous at the same time. Knowing it will be a new chapter in their married life, parenthood is a challenge they will face together.

“Seul, what do you think about vanilla ice cream with ketchup?” Joohyun asks out of the blue. She massages the bump in her stomach. They are watching some American Netflix series, nestled with each other on the couch.

Seulgi forms some creases with her brows. Her wife’s pregnancy blues are in it again. The more they get deeper in this pregnancy, the weirder the food combination it gets. “Do you want me to scoop some up so you can try?” She looks at her wife who’s doing the puppy eyes. How can she resist the goddess that captured her heart?

“Yes, darling. Please!” Joohyun says as she’s forming crescents with her eyes in delight.

Though Seulgi has her doubts, she just continues to be the dutiful wife she is. After all, Joohyun is the one with the twins. And she’s thankful for that. She’s thankful she doesn’t need to go through the morning sickness and other pregnant side effects there are.

She carefully puts the wine glass with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the center table, while giving Joohyun the bottle of ketchup. “Here you go, Hyun.”

Joohyun just doesn’t know how to not give in with this. It sounds so disgusting but her tongue is wanting something sweet and sour at the same time. “Are you excited to know our twin’s genders?” She pours some of the ketchup onto the top of the ice cream and takes a spoonful. Eureka, it is! This is the taste she’s craving for. It exactly hits the spot bullseye.

“I’d prefer one of each. They could be whatever they want, if they choose to be.” Seulgi checks her wife’s reaction on the newfound combination. Last time, Joohyun forced her to eat chocolate chip cookies with melted cheese in between. She reckons that, it was one of the many eureka moments her pregnant wife has that she hated. And she thinks this one is, too.

“We wouldn’t have to worry about anything if whatever they are.” Joohyun almost finishes everything from the wine glass with the weird combo.

“I know, we’ll make do.” Seulgi smiles at the thought that this time, Joohyun didn’t force her to taste it.

—-

Joohyun is getting another ultrasound check up to see what their twin’s genders are.

Jennie is all smiles having to put the liquid to the equipment she handles. “Oh my gosh, unnies!”

Seulgi and Joohyun are anticipating. It is evident on the faces of the first-time parents.

“You’re having a boy and a girl.” Jennie announces and checks more to be sure.

“Are you certain?” Seulgi asks and then when she gets a nod from the young doctor, she jumped in joy.

“Oh, you’re right!” Joohyun laughs at her wife’s gesture. Sometimes, Seulgi is like a child.

While wrapping up, Joohyun asked Jennie. “How did your date go last time?”

“It was fine, unnie. We’re going on a second

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter