He Likes Her

She Was a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Bogum watched her at his office glass window that is a two-way-mirrored. He saw how his friend Kris waited outside to congratulate her. He never expected that Kris will be interested in Asian women. Why he wouldn’t? Yoona is one attractive woman. The thing that he didn’t expected is that Kris gave her a hug making him stood up. Then he realize, why is he even affected? No. He was just bothered working with Yoona the next day.

“You will not regret this”

It’s like he want to regret about what he said. How did she made him say yes in the first place anyway? Maybe he tried too much to be objective. He went to his glass window facing the city lights. He also saw Yoona. Kris treats her as a lady. His hands curled up. She was still the same spoiled brat who always got whatever she wanted at whatever price, with no regards to the people she stepped on along the way.

But there’s no wrong with her argument. The only thing that he must do is to cope up working with her and to wait for that ‘improvement’ with her presentation. He remembered how her eyes shines when she defended herself to him. The truth was, he felt that she wasn’t exactly the same. There’s something that change. He cannot pin point what it is.

He shakes his head. Enough of that. He must not waste his time thinking about it. About her. He indeed loves to solve problems but, Yoona, is the only problem he can’t solve. He already got burnt once. No reason to try again.

 

The next day, Yoona went to her new job. The building and the office she’ll be working at from now on. She told JoeN’Jims that they considered her again and they were very pleased that she saved her company. The secretary of Mr. McJones assisted her to the cubicle that she will use there. All of the things she needed is already there. A desktop computer, printer, scanner and basic office supplies. She thanked the secretary and started her day. But when she was about to open her computer, she saw a yellow sticky note on the wall of her cubicle.

“Hi! Good luck on your first day!

Fighting!

Kris”

She stands up to see Kris peeking from his office. His office was not that far from where she is. Since his office’s wall is made up from glass, it’s easy for him to see her. He waves at her and made a ‘fighting’ sign. Yoona smiles.

She went back to work as she review her past presentation and made some revision about it. She made a research first about the company itself through google but the google is giving her some limited information. How can she be able to do it if the internet is giving her limited access?

“Need help?”

Somebody said. She looks up to see Kris peeking from outside her cubicle.

“Uhm, yeah sort of. Kris, can you uhm…”

But since Kris saw the computer that she was trying to search information to their company, he chuckles.

“I think I know now. Wait here”

Kris went somewhere and then went back with a small sticky note with him. He wrote something there and gave it to Yoona.

“What’s this?”

“It’s our official website. Use my account so you can have access there. It has a lot of information and background that can help you”

He said as Yoona smiles. Kris is making her feel that she is not alone there. Good thing he’s there to help her.

“T-thanks Kris”

“I don’t want a simple ‘thanks’ from you though”

“Uhm, then how can I thank you?”

“Call me Kris oppa”

Yoona flushed. Is he serious with that? He’s not even Korean right? Kris is a Chinese so how come he wants her to call him ‘oppa’ then? But since Kris is just trying to ask a simple condition she just do it.

“Okay, Kris…

Kris is actually waiting for her to say it.

“… oppa”

Kris giggle as he left. He seriously is a cute big guy.

Yoona continue to work. Kris was right. There are a lot of information of their company on that website. She works and work that she didn’t knew she was working for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter