Flipped

She Was a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

“Hmmmmm… 5 more minutes please”

Yoona told her alarm clock as she went back to bed. She doesn’t want to wake first but then Rebecca went inside her room and told her that she’s late on her job interview. In instant, Yoona opens her eyes and stood up regretting about lying on the bed for a long time.

“Why didn’t you tell me?!”

She said as she rushes to the bathroom. Rebecca just shakes her head as she went downstairs to prepare her a breakfast. She opens a can of sardines and prepared a cup of coffee. She was about to heat the rice they got last night but then the gas stove they reaches its limit.

When Yoona went downstairs, she saw the food prepared by Rebecca. She sighs. It’s been a week that both of them are eating sardines and heated rice for breakfast.

“You didn’t heat the rice nanny?”

She asked the moment she took a spoonful.

“Well, we don’t have any gas anymore. So I guess I’ll be using charcoal later to cook food”

Yoona once again sighs.

“No need nanny. Once I got the job, I’ll buy a gas and maybe I’ll go food shopping too”

“Don’t stress yourself too much Yoona-ssi.”

Yoona smiles as she tap the chair beside her and told her to eat with her. Rebecca aged a little. But she still the same nanny. A mother-like one.

“I’ll be going now Rebecca. Take care here.”

Yoona said getting her bag and looked at the mirror for the last time.

“Fighting!”

Rebecca said doing the fighting sign. She already adopted the Korean gestures thanks to Yoona.

 

She reached the building of Hera INC. Yoona is working as a rookie interior designer. This day will be her biggest break. Thanks to her senior who is going to give birth soon so she took her leave. She was about to represent their company JoeN’Jim. But then again, she was not available and so she was the only available employee to do the job. Although her other office mates don’t agree with the idea of entrusting a rookie, they don’t have a choice but to give her the task. She brought with her her old laptop that contains her video and slide presentation.

“Hi, I have an appointment with Mr. McJones. I’m from JoeN’Jim”

She said to the receptionist.

“May I have your name please?”

“Yoona Im”

The receptionist typed her name in the computer and smiles at her.

“Okay miss, you’re scheduled for 9AM meeting. You can go straight to 23rd floor, conference room A.”

She instructed as Yoona smiles at her and went to that room. The moment she reached the room, a woman approached her. She’s the secretary of Mr. McJones. The panelist aren’t there yet so she helped her prepare her things.

“I’ll be calling them now if you’re ready”

She asks her as she nods and smiles. When the secretary went out the room, she fixes her hair and her clothes. She’s wearing a corporate attire but she still looks so y because compared before, she gains weight that makes her figure emphasize.

The moment the conference room opened, three man wearing suits went inside the room together with the secretary who helped her awhile ago. The first one was somewhat aged and he has a blonde somewhat whitish hair. He must be Mr. McJones. The second one is a black man. He was holding the folders and some files including the brown envelop that her company have sent to them. The third one is a very tall young man. He doesn’t look like a swish like the first two. He looks more like Asian.

“I never thought JoeN’Jim wouldn’t send us Lana Smith.”

The old white man said the moment he took his seat.

“Mr. McJones, this is Yoona Im, the representative of JoeN’Jim”

The secretary said introducing her to him. He really is Mr. McJones then. She’s looking at him because she knew that first impression is important.

“I’m glad to meet you, Sir. I will be the one handling this account from now on,”

She said with full of charm.

“Ah yes, I’ve read the memo. I hadn’t realized they’d be sending someone so pretty”

Mr. McJones said as he looks at her and then to the Asian guy beside him.

“that our very own Mr. Wu is being mesmerized by now. Am I right Mr. Kirk?”

“Yes. Indeed, sir”

The black man, that Mr. McJones call as Mr Kirk answered. She looked at the Asian man, Mr. Wu according to Mr. McJones. He is looking at her making felt uneasy. The two swish chuckle as they saw him not even realizing they are talking about him.

“You saying something sir?”

He said when he heard them chuckle.

“Anyway, Ms. Yoona, we’ve been happy with JoeN’Jim’s work so far, and I’m confident that you will continue to make us so on Lana’s behalf”

“I will try my best, Sir,” she said smiling.

“Let me introduce you to the rest of the people here. This is Mr. James Kirk, our assistant coordinator,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter