Another Chance

She Was a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Yoona was fighting her emotions to whatever happened a while ago by pretending it didn’t actually happen at all. She pretended that it’s just normal. While waiting for the bus, she looked at her wallet. She only got 700 swiss franc left. That’s her only money now. When the bus arrived, she didn’t get in. She need to save her last money. So she decided to walk her way home. Yes, she’s going home since she can’t go to JoeN’Jims since office hours will be over after an hour that day anyway.

While walking, she passes by a bakery. She remembered how Rebecca loves cinnamon rolls. Although she only has enough money to buy them food for the next day, she went inside the bakery to buy even one cinnamon roll for Rebecca. She saw that one cinnamon cost 52.30 Swiss Franc each. Costly for just a cinnamon bread.

“Hi”

Someone suddenly stood beside her. She looked up to see Kris smiling.

“S-sir- I mean, Kris”

She said slightly stutters seeing him in front of her again. Calling him Kris makes him smile again.

“What brings you here? I was about to buy some for lunch when I saw you down by the road walking”

“Err, I was just… I’m going to buy one some cinnamon roll”

“Really? Me too! Uhm miss”

He said calling the lady in charge there.

“May I have all those cinnamon roll please? Oh and, please separate one piece”

She thought maybe he’s going to have lunch in their office to buy himself a lot of cinnamon roll. Yoona was handling her money to the lady as the payment of the single cinnamon roll but then Kris prevented her to.

“Here”

Kris said as he gave her the paper bag containing the cinnamon rolls. He got the one piece and took a bite on it. Yoona is quite confuse.

“Enjoy your cinnamon roll there”

Kris said as he gave her a wink and went outside the bakery. So, he bought it all for her? She followed him out and she saw that Kris is just about to get in his car.

“Kris!”

He stops and looked at her.

“Thank you”

Kris smiles as he waves at her then get in his car and left. If only Bogum considered her presentation, then she might be friends with kind Kris.

 

When she reached home, she saw Rebecca sweeping their front yard.

“Yoona-ssi, why so early? So, uhm… How is it?”

Yoona smiles as an answer. Rebecca knew there’s something wrong ofcourse. She put down the broom as she accompanies her because she knew she want someone to talk to that moment. She told her all about it.

“Bogum? The guy you—“

“Yes. And I don’t really want to talk about him”

“If he really is not making that personal, then at least he should have given you another chance”

“I guess not. I saw how he looked and talked to me. He’s still mad”

She said as she stood up and was about to go upstairs when she saw how much clothes are in the basket waiting to be washed. She sighs as she changes her clothes to wash those clothes. She doesn’t have anything to do so she can just help Rebecca with the household chores.

After an hour of washing the clothes, she saw how her hands wrinkled due to washing the clothes for long. She also got herself some little wound because of the strong detergent she is using. It’s her washing machine’s fault. If only she had money to make it repair but since she has to save for necessary things, she has to endure that pain. She looked at the clothes hanging and she remembered her past life just by looking at the clothes she used to wear once.

Past life. That’s what she calls her past lifestyle on which she was not the one washing her clothes for her. She remembers how she just open her walk-in closet to choose whatever clothes she wants and doesn’t even care if she might use 25 pairs of clothes a day. She remembers how she would go to the mall and herself a pair of shoes whatever the price of it. She wouldn’t count her money that time since she always has her card to swipe it and it’s done. By weekends, she would go to the country club and relax there in the spa.

Her past life is like royalty where she is like a queen. Her father lived excessively and taught them to live like that as well. But since an unexpected accident made her world crash. Her dad, mom, Siwan and Dareum was about to take a vacation in Prague. On their way to the airport, their car crashed with a bus. Siwan, her mom and dad died on the accident. But her little brother Dareum survived.

But that doesn’t stop there. Dareum had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter