Obsessed

She Was a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

“A penny for your thoughts?”

Bogum raised his head to see Mr. McJones beside his door. He sits properly as he faces him.

“Do you need anything?”

he said coldly. Actually, he can’t find the respect he had towards him after what he saw last night.

“Nothing. I just thought I’d drop in to check how you are. I’m on my way to…”

He was about to finish when his phone rings. He excuses himself to answer it.

“Yes, Stephanie, find me a unit. Two bedrooms if possible. I want somewhere near St. Moritz and please she doesn’t have a car so find somewhere accessible to public transportations. Yes, call me if you found one. I’ll be going with her to check it.”

“You’re trying to find a condo?”

He asked when he cut the other line.

“Yes. For a friend actually.”

“That friend must really be important if you’re doing this personally.

He said with a blend of sarcasm. But he didn’t notice it.

“This is for a very special friend. So, I’ll be going now. If you need something, just call me”

“McJones, it’s way too early for your usual off. You’re going somewhere? Date perhaps?”

“Oh no *chuckles*. I have to go visit a friend.”

Mr. McJones left as he exhales in frustration. So he even called her a ‘special friend’. Way to keep it that way he thought. He stops thinking about it when his phone beeps. He received a message and it was from Yoona. He hurriedly opens it and read.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to answer your calls. Something urgent came up but I should be back at work soon.

He repeats on reading her message in hope to see some clue or hint about what’s really happening to her. It’s been three days that she’s absent from work. Although the company is doing fine, she should at least report as a professional right? Isn’t she afraid that the company might fire her? Or she really doesn’t care since Mr. McJones is on her side?

 

Yoona decided to go to work even though there’s no improvement with Dareum’s condition. It’s better so that she can think of something else than being worried sick to him. Mr. McJones is right. All she can do now is to wait and to let it all with the hands of God.

She went to the office early in the morning and she never expected that Bogum is already there. He was standing next to the cubicle she was using. He was just there… looking at it.

The morning sun is shining through his face. She remembered how she used to see his true profile behind all those strappings. She used to be the only one seeing that. But now, everyone can think of it. He was now tall, fashionable, and smart. He was a beautiful man. She gulps as she shakes her head thinking about it.

“Hi, Bogum,” she greeted.

Bogum seems to get dis-oriented upon calling him.

“H-hi… You’re back”

“Yes. I’m sorry. I have to take care of something while I’m gone. There isn’t no problem within those days is it?”

She can’t look at him straight. She felt somewhat guilty for not telling him about what’s happening to her life. But she’s taking the stand not to tell it yet unless everything is okay. When she looks at him once again, it looks like he was trying to say something.

“Let’s have lunch together”

He said as he left her there. She realized, the way he says it. He’s not requesting, it’s an order. She just thought, maybe she’s imagining things. She already told herself not to be that sensitive. She should not over read situations.

 

Lunch break comes and he went to her cubicle to pick her up. She was just fixing some papers and make sure she didn’t forget anything but he already looks so impatient as it were.

“Where we are going to have lunch?” she asked when they are already inside his car. Actually, she was trying to have a conversation with him since she really doesn’t care wherever they would go. As long as she is with him it’s okay.

“I made a reservation at Steffani’s,”

He answered. He didn’t actually tell some more information and continue driving. When they arrived at the restaurant, it seems that they are the only one who is going to eat there even if it is lunch time. It’s better that way since she was worried about Bogum’s actions. It felt like something was off. She thought that they are already okay but ever since the day she didn’t went to offce, his attitude towards her flipped. She can’t explain the tensi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter