Why not Me?

She Was a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Yoona is waiting outside the ICU alone. The operation was done but Dareum is still unconscious. They still need to observe him. It’s been more than 24 hours and she haven’t got any sleep at all. Hunger, stress and lack of sleep runs her system. Her cellphone is off since she didn’t get home to charge it. More than seven hundred thousand dollars is their running balance but thank God she won’t be thinking about it anymore.

Yoona made a decision for Dareum. She can’t think of anything more, so she sold their house to Mr. McJones for Dareum’s hospital bill. The hospital requires her for a down payment for her brother’s surgery and so she doesn’t have any choice but to sell the only thing that’s left in her past life, her house. She can’t just think it over since Dareum’s life is at risk.

She remembered how Mr. McJones show interest in her house the time he picked her up to go to the psychiatric hospital. He even joked about buying it if she’s interested. But of course she doesn’t since it’s the last thing she owned. Being so desperate, she called him.

“Mr. McJones, I’m sorry to bother you early in the morning but… Are you still interested in buying my house?”

She directly said before she loses the guts in her.

“Really? Well yeah. Are you selling?”

He said jokingly as he thought she was just kidding.

“Mr. McJones, I’m serious. I need an immediate buyer and you’re the first one I could think of”

“Why? Did something happen?”

He said with a bit of worriedness in his tone.

“Dareum was rushed in the hospital. He needs surgery immediately and we need to pay a down payment. I don’t know where on earth will I be able to find such amount and so I decided to sell my house. You know sir that it’s my only asset.”

“Yoona, you don’t need to sell your house. I mean, if money is your problem, I can just let you borrow some…”

“Will all due respect, sir, I know you mean well. I appreciate the concern but my pride can’t afford to accept charity. I knew you’d understand that more than anyone else. I need to think practical so I am giving up the house for my brother. Anyway, I can’t maintain the upkeep of the place. If there’s someone I think is worth it to give up it to, it would be you sir.”

She was proud of herself. It may have sounded scripted but she still manages to say it calmly and she doesn’t break down.

“How much?”

He said after some seconds he pause in the other line.

Although the house is worth 10 million dollars, she humbly told him that it was only 1 million dollars. She can’t take advantage of the situation. Not to Mr. McJones who is like a father to her already. Mr. McJones trust her implicitly that he works on the files already for her.

“I’ll go there to check you and your brother”

She just thanked him. It’s so nice to have someone with you in times like this she said to herself.

 

It’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter