Surprising Feelings

Career Focused
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul POV 

I freeze after she finishes… 

“N-no! You’re not like other girls!” I blurt out the first thing that comes to my mind but it wasn’t theright thing to say as I see her face turn into a frown 

“I’m not like other girls!? What!? So you do play around with girls!?” She says angrily 

“I don’t ! I did… I haven’t for a while!” 

“I opened up to you… but I see that was a mistake.” Her frown turns into sadness as she gets up 

Before she can leave I stand up and grab her wrist, “You’re not a target. I did used to flirt with girls, say all kinds of things to them. I was lonely… I’m still lonely, but I’ve never lied to you. You’re one of the most amazing people I’ve met. You make me smile. You make work fun but also make me feel like I don’t want to go to work so I can take you somewhere and play around all day.” I let go of her wrist after I speak my heart possibly more than I should have. She stopped but she hasn’t turned to face me. 

“Byul ah…” I can hear her say faintly almost to herself before continuing, “CEO nim buzz for me if you need me. I’m sorry for asking you such an inappropriate question during work hours.” She says quickly before rushing out. 

I deflate into my chair and sigh 


*** 


“I have the reports for the—” Hwasa enters my office with files but stops her sentence when she sees me, “Who died?”

“No one ,it’s nothing.” I reply 

“Really? Because recently I’ve only seen you in a good mood. Fight with Personal assistant ssi?”

I frown, “How is that your first guess?”

She walks forward and places the files on my desk, “Lets see, you’ve been happy basically since she got here. Even for a personal assistant you guys have been inseparable. And she just asked me to give these to you instead of delivering them herself. You didn’t break my promise did you?”

I sigh, “I didn’t. But… I like her… “ I admit for the first time, “I really like her… Not in the I want to sleep with her and never see her again way but the I want to see her all the time way… but now I think she hates me.”

Hwasa takes a deep breath then takes a seat in front of me, “It was my fault for hiring you a beautiful assistant and expecting you to keep things professional. What did you fight about?”

“She found out about my past… with women.”

“Ah… she does seem like more of the I only want to be with someone I love type… I guess if you really like her you should just show her you care about her. That she’s special. Or maybe not… mixing work and romance is not a good idea…” Hwasa grabs my shoulders and shakes me, “Why have you done this!”

“It just happened!” I protest, “I was attracted to her since the first day I met her I didn’t do it on purpose!”

Hwasa stops, “Does she even like girls?”

“I have no idea.”

“I swear to God unnie if you’ve fallen hard for a straight girl… “ She sighs 

“I know already… I’m fine even if we’re just friends. I just want her to be in my life.”

Hwasa smiles slyly, “Wow you have it bad… I’m going to laugh if she’s straight.” She says then begins to leave the room 

“What a great friend you are!” I say sarcastically 

“I know I’m the best!” She says cheekily before closing the door. 

Is there something I can do to show her she’s special. Something I’ve never done for a girl before… Solar doesn’t care about money or superficial things. She cares about feelings… feelings! 

I buzz Hwasa and she returns confused 

“What now?”

“I need you to help me with something!”

 

*** 

 

Solar POV 

I’m dreading going to work today . I took two days off saying I’m sick… 2 sick days and I’ve barely worked a month… I wasn’t even sick. But I have been working overtime so that makes up for it… doesn’t it? All because I’ve been avoiding Byul ah… I didn’t even answer any of her calls. I don’t know what to say to her. What am I supposed to say? How do I even feel? Am I angry with her? For playing with girls feelings? Because I don’t want her to be that person? Because I want her to be the type of person that cares? Maybe she is that person… we all make mistakes… why do I care so much? Why do I feel so confused… What she said just confuses me more because I also have fun with her, she makes me smile. Can I trust you Byulie …  we’re just friends though so why am I so afraid? Her romantic life doesn’t concern me. Why do I feel like this !?

“Are you going to go?” A random employee asks me since I’ve been blocking the scanner we use to scan our key cards to get into the company. 

“Sorry!” I immediately apologize before going in. Guess I’m doing this now. I’ll just be professional, act like nothing happened. 

I reach the top floor, Ive always felt so cool going to the top floor. You need special access. I even bragged to Wheein 

I spot Hwasa and take a deep breath, act normal Yongsun!, “Good mor —” She suddenly starts pushing me towards Byuls office, “ning “ I finish as she pushes me through the door

“You deal with her! She had me up all night editing as if I don’t have enough work.” 

What just happened. Before I realize it the door closes and Moonbyul is looking at me. I wasn’t ready for this… 

“CEO – nim … fancy seeing you here.” I laugh nervously, why did I say that!?

“Unnie… “ She says and I’m surprised for a second it’s not even after work hours she’s maybe called me unnie like twice, “Come look h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter