Family Trouble

Career Focused
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sunmi Saga Part 2 * 

“What are you saying…” Moonbyul says meekly as she faces Sunmi outside the beautiful girls mansion front door. Sunmi wasn’t replying to her calls or messages for the past week as if out of no where so she came to check if everything was alright. 

“I want to break up.” Sunmi repeats emotionlessly 

Moonbyul drops the box of expensive assorted chocolates on the floor. The loose lid jumps off but the chocolates stay intact. 

“W-what? Why? Was it something I did or said!? I don’t understand!? What are you talking about right now!” Moonbyul releases question after question trying to make sense of the sudden shock. 

“N-no it’s nothing you di- I just don’t think we’re suited for each other.” She holds her resolve. 

“Not suited!? Huh! Sure we fight sometimes but that’s no reason for us to break up! Just tell me what’s wrong! We can work it out!” Byul begs with tears welling up in her eyes 

“There’s nothing you can do Byulie!” She shouts, “We’re over! I mean it!” 

“I maybe I haven’t been good at expressing how I feel! I know I haven’t said it before but I… I love you! I mean it! I’ll say it from now on! Everyday!” Byul cries,  her face covered in tears. 

Sunmi’s hand turns into a fist, “Love… that kind of love between girls doesn’t exist! I never loved you that way! It was a phase! I was confused! Now the phase is over! WE’RE DONE! GO HOME BYUL!” She ends and slams the door in front of Moonbyuls mortified face. 

After the sounds of Moonbyuls steps fade away into the distance Sunmi collapses to the floor against her large antique style wooden door. The tears she’d been holding in flood out all at once tainting her white T shirt. She covers her face with her hands trying to retreat into herself. 

“I’M SORRY BYULLIE! IM SO SORRY!” She cries out loud 

Sunmi’s mom walks up to her holding her glass of afternoon wine. She looks younger than her age but has an air of sterness about her to accompany her mature beauty. 

“If you cry like that you look ugly.” She says simply 

“I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!” Sunmi screams 

Her mother’s calm face turns into as much of a frown as her botox allows, “Hate me all you want! I’m doing what’s best for you! We’re leaving for America tomorrow whether you like it or not ! You’ll forget all about this silly pretend relationship!”

“IT WASN’T PRETEND! I LOVE HER! MY RELATIONSHIP WAS MORE REAL THAN ANY YOU’VE HAD! YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT DADS MONEY!” She screams and is met with a solid slap in the face . Hard enough to echo through the mansion. The impact leaving her face stinging and red.

“You’ll thank me later.”

*Present Day – Solar POV *

OH NO 

I jump up from the couch to face my mothers high pitched scream, “Mom! CEO -nim came to visit!” I try to ignore the situation as I look at her shocked face. 

“CEO-NIM? I KNOW WHAT I SAW!”

“W-What… did you see?” I ask meekly 

“Y-YOU KISSED.” She screaches out and starts pacing up and down the room, “Omo, omo, omo, my daughter is a deviant! Oh Lord please forgive her!” She says to herself while praying to the ceiling. 

Byul has been stunned into a silent zombie from the situation. 

“Mom! Stop it! I’m not a deviant!” I retaliate 

My mom stops her pacing to face me, “You leave to the city and you forget your morals! You can’t find a man so you turn to a woman! No matter how desperate I didn’t raise you like this!” 

“I’m not desperate! That’s not what this is! You don’t understand anything! I LIKE HER! MORE THAN ANY GUY!”

Byul finally regains some composure to stand up and face my mom, “Mrs Kim, I’m sorry you had to find out like this but I’m really serious about your daughter. I promise to treat her well. Please can you give us your permission to continue our relationship.” She bows and doesn’t raise her head 

“Leave! My daughter is not a sinner like you!”

“MOM STOP IT!” I cry out and before I can even stop her Moonbyul rushes out the door. I couldn’t even see her face. This is the worst. Just when things were starting to go well. Just when I was finally happy. Why… ,”HOW CAN YOU BE SO HORRIBLE!”

I wish she would just leave,  right now. It hurts so much. I can’t even run. The tears begin to fall, “You didn’t have to say that to Byul-ah!”

“You’re crying when I’m the one that feels like crying. How can you do this to your mother. I gave birth to you and raised you to be a good girl, with good morals.”

“ I don’t want to talk to you anymore! What I do with my life is my decision! I’m a grown adult!” I walk to my room and grab a blanket and a pillow to make a bed on the couch, “Just leave me alone.”

*** 

We haven’t spoken since. I feel dirty. Like I’ve done something wrong. If I stay with Byul-ah I might not have a relationship with my family anymore. The fun memories of my childhood rush through my mind and the tears begin to fall. I want to be that hard working happy young girl who my parents can praise but now it feels like they’ll never see me that way again. My heart hurts. I don’t think I can face Byul or my parents. I thought I had everything sorted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter