Push and Pull

Career Focused
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Solar POV *


I didn’t expect to send my mom back home like that. She wouldn’t even talk to me. I knew she would react like that if I told her the truth. That’s why I wanted to keep it a secret for as long as possible. Byul and I are so different. She can be so open about who she is but I’m not ready. I feel like I just ruined my relationship with my family… I never wanted to live such a hard life. Moonbyul seemed really upset when she came to see me. I probably just made it worse with my problems. How could she be happy being with me. 

“What are you thinking about so seriously?” Hwasa comes up to my desk as I’m lost in thought. 

“N-nothing… .it’s nothing.” I force a smile 

“Hmmmm.” She replies moving her face closer to mine, “You really need to work on your lying.” She observes and decides to sit up on the desk while crossing her legs confidently, “ I don’t know what’s up but Moonbyul-unnie seems really down too so I take it something happened. You two are really something. One day you’re so lovey dovey it’s cringy and the next you won’t even talk to each other.”

“I guess… we really aren’t suited for each other…” I say solemnly 

“Do you really feel that way?” Hwasa asks curiously, “How do you feel about unnie. Honestly. I won’t tell her.”

“Byul… it’s like… She’s annoying and she likes bothering me but… when she’s not there I want her to be there. I end up looking for her.” I smile to myself , “She’s always on my mind. Oh and can you give this to Byul-ah. I bought it for her but it will be kind of awkward if I gave it to her now…” I pick up the packet beside my desk containing the pink knit I bought for Moonbyul. 

Hwasa takes the packet , gets up from the desk and sighs, “The both of you are really… Just make up with unnie already. This push pull is too much.” She says before walking away, “Talk later!” she adds her final good bye. 

Push pull!? 

*Moonbyul POV * 

I think it’s best to just ignore this text… and what’s with the ‘heyyyy’. Maybe this is a Prank. As I’m thinking I get another message. 

‘It’s really me btw!’

I quickly search around my office for cameras. She’snot spying on me is she!? I can’t deal with this right now. My hands are full with Solar. I can’t believe she won’t talk to me! You know what. I don’t care! She can come to me! Why do I always have to be the one bending over backwards for her! I sigh and switch off my phone so I can focus on work. 

*One week later*

The day ends and as soon as I look at my phone Sunmi’s messages pop up again to my disapproval. She sent me a message about dinner tonight so I immediately put my phone down again… The whole day Solar didn’t even talk to me! Again! Is she really playing like this! She said stuff like ‘I like her more than any guy’ to her mom and now!? 

I hit my head on my desk, “Ahhhhhhhhh!” I moan 
Why are you so complicated! If she’s really going to be like that then I’m going to hang out with Sunmi! I owe her anyway. Solar won’t even talk to me so why not I guess. 

*Solar POV * 

I put some meat on the barbecue and it sizzles deliciously. I can almost feel myself drooling. As some of them are ready I use the tongs to put a few on Wheein’s plate. We decided to go to Korean barbecue today per Wheein’s suggestion. I didn’t feel like going home today so it worked out perfectly. 

I smile as I see the meat grilling, “When I come here with Byul she always grills it for me… and then she’ll try feed me the burning hot meat straight off the grill. The amount of times I almost got burnt.” My happy smile turns into a frown. 

“Unnie what’s up this is the third time you’ve mentioned Moonbyul unnie in the last five minutes.” Wheein says half still chewing her mouthful looking almost like a cute child who can’t help speaking while eating. 

“What!? I haven’t been talking about her that much!” I shout flustered and push a pocket of lettuce and meat filled goodness into my mouth. I chew in anger. 

“You have! You used to talk about her a lot but this is definitely more than usual.” She observes 

“I don’t want to think about her.” I reply

Wheein laughs, “For someone who doesn’t want to think about her you are thinking about her a lot.”

“Do I really at hiding stuff!?” I whine, “I’m not thinking about her! I’m not thinking about her… but my mom found out about us and I don’t know what to do. I told Byul that I needed time and I think she might be pissed off at me now too…”

“OH ! What did your mom say… can’t be good… “ Wheein asks because I’ve told her about my religious upbringing. 

“It wasn’t good! At all! Ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter