Sunmi?

Career Focused
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sunmi Saga *


“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! IM SO SICK OF THIS!!!”
A young school girls scream echoes through theempty school garden enveloped in the sunset while she rips off her black Alice band dishevelling her long straight black hair. Her features are very typically Korean. Typically Korean in the way that is very rarely the reality but more an ideal. Big eyes, big lips, pale skin. If someone were to say she escaped from a painting it would be believable. 

A laugh coming from behind the tree is heard following the scream and she quickly follows it. 

“I knew you weren’t perfect Sunmi.” The amused school girl sitting boyishly against the tree says. She has a sharp western nose and pretty features in a handsome type of way with long black hair and a straight fringe. 

“Byulie… right? I can see your .” She immediately points out after looking down to see her underwear fully exposed barely covered by her skirt. Byul quickly shifts her sitting position, “Now we’re even.” Sunmi smiles

“We’re at an all girls school. No one cares about underwear but if I tell everyone the model student had a break down that’s a different story.” Byul explains 

“What do you want?” She says seriously 

“Relax. I don’t care about it. Besides I never believed that fake persona. Flawless record, everyone’s model? Seems like a lie.”

“Fake persona? So now you think you know me?We’ve never even had a conversation before! You’re always alone somewhere! Do you even have friends!?” She explodes. Normally she wouldn’t but Byullie caught her at a bad time. 

“Do you!? I’d rather sit alone than pretend to be a fake version of myself so people like me! In the end all they want is status and money! Name one of your friends that actually cares about you and not your money or your appearance!” Byul snaps back 

Sunmi is quiet for a moment before she kneels down on the grass and starts crying while covering her face and gripping her Alice band. Byul is left in shock for a second before she gets up from her sitting position and moves next to Sunmi, “Wait please don’t cry. I’m sorry OK.”

“What do you know about my life!?” She cries 

“…Ok fine… just… Tell me about it then.”Byul replies awkwardly putting her hand on the other girl’s back to comfort. She’s always had a weakness for crying girls. 

*** 


“I’m turning off the lights.” Sunmi calls from the opposite side of Byuls large room 

“OK it’s on.” Byul calls back and Sunmi turns off the lights. The lights shine out the astro projector making her room into a beautiful planetarium. 

“Wow… it’s actually really mesmerizing.” Sunmi says as she returns to Byuls bed. Collapsing back next to the boyish girl. 

“My dad bought it for me. I couldn’t sleep at night after my mom left.”

“I’m sorry…”

“It’s fine I’m fine now. Sometimes when I’m sad I turn it on. I haven’t shown anyone else.”

Sunmi laughs 

“What?”

“I just realized I’m surrounded by Byulie (stars) .”

“But I’m the best one right?” She says with a smile overlooking the pretty girl

Sunmi doesn’t reply but gives her a sincere smile catching Byulie off guard and she immediately lies back down so Sunmi doesn’t notice her get flustered. 

It was unexpected. There were hints. The joy of when a girl would initiate physical contact or jokingly flirt. But Byul had always gone to all girls schools there was no reason to think she was any different. The nervousness she feels lying next to Sunmi. That was different. There was always something different for some reason. 

“You want to talk about boys?” 

“What?” Byul replies maybe too rashly since it was so sudden. 

“Usually when I have a sleep over with my friends... You know that group I hang out with. They talk about boys. Their crushes or who asked them out but I don’t think we ever have.” She says simply not averting her gaze from the stars. 

“Oh… I’m good.” She replies then wants to kick herself for not playing along with expectations. See this is why it’s different. 

Unexpectedly Sunmi moves her hand that was inches away from Byuls closer until she’s holding her hand. It’s common for girls to hold hands in Korea but this felt different. The environment is different. It’s so quiet Byul starts to worry that Sunmi can hear her heart beat and then she’ll be exposed. Gross, why are you nervous? The made up situation enters her head. 

“Then do you want to…” Sunmi starts but doesn’t finish and grips her pink pyjama pants with her other hand

“Want to… ?” Byul questions 

“…Want to kiss?” She says quietly 

Byul immediately sits up slightly and moves over Sunmi stealing her soft lips. After she pulls back the other girl is silent. 

“S-Sorry I thought you wanted me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter