Chapter : 02

Drifting Moon Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~CHAPTER TWO~

 

The day was beautiful, Jungkook was glad to notice the next morning. The younger Alpha had gotten up prior than his set alarm, giving him sufficient time to take out his camera and fine-tune its few settings to see if the device was working just fine… thankfully it was. Then he was just about to leave the house, hoping to capture the beauty of mountainous area and the timber around it, when a loud call of his name stopped him short.

 

“Breakfast, young man,” Yoongi said in a warning filled tone, eyebrow arching at his son’s whine.

 

“You know I don’t like eating early in the morning,” Jungkook mumbled, trying to make his wide eyes puppy like, which never seemed to work on Yoongi, anyways. Pouting in dismay, the younger Alpha snatched a piece of butter toast from the dining table, flashing it at his dad before taking a small bite out of it, showing that he was indeed eating. “Now, I promise I would eat it on my way to school but I have to go now… have to take pictures before the clouds shift.”

 

Jungkook disregarded the threats Yoongi yelled behind him, if the younger dared not eat it. Honestly, he was tempted to chuck away the toast but he had promise thus he munched on the piece while walking down the pretty roads. Jungkook was enthusiast when it came to photography, a trait he picked from Yoongi. If he was thankful to move to Woodsfield Town from City, it was only due how beautiful the place was. Mountains colored in pink, purple and green hues all around, while the narrow yet clean roads naturally curled around the tall hills.

 

Taking his sweet time, Jungkook covered the mere twenty minutes walking distance to his school, in a whole hour. Still he was left with several minutes to spare before the school started. Once standing in front of WW High’s colossal building, Jungkook noticed the way several mountains hung in the background of the school, while the misty white clouds drifted across the tall hour tower right in the middle of the school building. The beauty was too surreal to be missed thus Jungkook was quick to raise his camera to his eye. His finger hovered over the button, adjusting the lens to focus on his desire object.

 

“Excuse me!” Jungkook’s ear picked upon those two words, like someone was standing right beside his ear screaming at him. However, the young Alpha knew his sensitive ears were playing tricks on him yet again. Hence, Jungkook kept his focus on the task at hand.

 

His finger was nanoseconds away from clicking away and forever saving the image before him. Suddenly his view was blocked by a milky tone face, brownish black hairs and rather plump lips. Jungkook’s finger clicked onto the button out of instinct, the camera shutter going off loudly.

 

“What the hell!” Jungkook cursed, lowering the camera and staring at the screen which showcased Jimin’s frowning face while the actual ‘view’ Jungkook was planning to capture was lost somewhere in the background.

 

“Personal cameras are not allowed on school premises,” Jimin’s bossy tone made Jungkook to snap his face up and glare at the way the petite Omega stood, balled hands planted on his hip bones while a disapproving frown decorated his fair features.

 

“Another rule, I presume,” Jungkook muttered in a mocking tone, a thin forced smile gracing his lips. “And pray do tell how the ‘personal’ cameras ended up offending your tiny ?”

 

“My is not tiny, I would let you know,” Jimin replied, looking almost amused but mostly stuck-up Omega that he was. “However, we all know what those cameras are used for. Taking pretty pictures of Omegas so they can be used for horrendous tasks such as ing. A disgusting act by Alphas.”

 

Jungkook could only blink a couple of times, staring straight at somewhat cute nose scrunch Jimin supported on his button nose.

 

“Wow,” Jungkook piped after a couple of moments, tilting his head in a mock thinking manner. “Please, never try and be a detective. Trust me, you gonna be fired on first day.”

 

“Try and tell me I am wrong,” Jimin snapped, gesturing toward Jungkook’s camera.

 

“Oh no, you are not,” Jungkook quickly denied, eyes wide in shock. “On the contrary you are absolutely right. The only reason why I was trying to capture the beautiful building of WW High is because I am panual and apparently bricks so damn much that at night I can’t help but to the image of them. It’s a shame my room’s walls are plastered, not a single brick to fulfill my kinks,” Jungkook could have sworn Jimin’s lips twitch slightly, like he was trying to hold back a smile at Jungkook’s ludicrous reply. “But just out of curiosity… does your dirty mind think about anything other than different ual assaults an Alpha can do to an Omega?”

 

“I know Alphas,” Jimin hissed with narrow eyes.

 

“Clearly you don’t?” Jungkook argued back, folding his arms across his chest, camera hanging from his neck. “Not all Alphas are some creatures that only think about ing an Omega to oblivion. Some of us are raised better than that.”

 

“Yeah right,” Jimin rolled his brown eyes in exaggerated manner. “Anyways, delete my picture from your camera, pronto.”

 

“Believe me, I don’t wanna keep them either,” Jungkook retorted angrily as he picked his camera to get rid of the accidental picture. As the screen lit up, Jimin turned to walk toward the gargantuan building of the school with a huffed ‘good!’ However, as Jungkook’s eyes roamed over the picture, noticing how the device had somehow focused on Jimin’s proportional feature in that small time frame, highlighting the Omega’s face and expression while the misty clouds played a perfect backdrop. The Alpha noted Jimin’s full pink lips, tugged in a frown, yet attractive looking with his brown eyes sparkling in the morning light… and Jungkook felt a small flutter in the pit of his stomach. Glancing up, his eyes followed Jimin’s back side, Omega’s bubbly jiggling as he took the counted four stairs at the mouth of brick building. “True… that is anything but tiny.”

 

Jungkook’s thumb hovered over the delete button, eyes fixed on the picture now. Suddenly, a smirk tugged at the corner of his lips as he turned off the device, letting the Omega’s picture to sit in the memory card for the moment. An immediate plan started forming in Alpha’s mind… a plan to annoy the annoying Omega.

 

“Hey Jungkook!” A loud scream of his name snapped Jungkook out of his daydreams, compelling the Alpha to turn. Jaehyun and Yugyeom were seen treading toward him, their sunny smiles directed toward him. Unconsciously, Jungkook also smiled… strangely enough, he was never this good in making friends. His one and only city friend had move places only a couple of months before Seokjin had announce his wish to return to his homeland… and obviously, Jungkook having nothing holding him back had agreed with his father’s wish readily. Now, only one day down and Jungkook was being welcomed by his three new friends… something even Yoongi had been shocked about.

 

In no time, Mingyu was with them too. Joking and laughing all four Alphas made way toward their first class.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

Jungkook stood in the cafeteria, a generously laden food tray in his hands as he scanned the packed lunch room.

 

“Come on, a table in the back is free,” Mingyu said before walking toward that table, however, Jungkook’s steps were sluggish as he walked down the narrow path between rows of other tables, curiously looking around the cafeteria. Then he spotted it, or more like him. Even without letting his friends know, suddenly Jungkook turned left and took confident strides toward a certain table where a handful of Omegas were sitting and chatting.

 

“Is this seat taken?” Jungkook inquired cheerfully before plopping down on the only vacant spot around the table. Immediately it turned eerily silent, compelling Jungkook to look up and found Jimin’s dark glare trained on him. Calmly looking around at other four Omegas, Jungkook noticed how they all looked shocked. Especially the bronze skin Omega sitting directly at Jungkook’s left. “Don’t tell me there is a law that states unmated Alphas can’t sit with Omegas, either.”

 

“Well, not necessarily-” The bronzed skin Omega started, only to be cut by Jimin’s loud screech.

 

“Yes, it does,” Jimin grounded, but Jungkook ignored Jimin, the Omega union leader, and kept his attention on somewhat reasonable bronzed skin Omega, sitting beside him.

 

“Hey, can I have the rules book, I am new here you see… and apparently whatever I do, I end up pissing Jimin off,” Jungkook said with an intentional pucker while enjoying the scoff Jimin let out. “I am Jungkook, by the ways.”

 

“Jongin,” The pretty bronze skinned Omega introduced himself in return, an amuse and slightly confuse look in his brown orbs as he glanced back and forth between Jungkook’s cheeky grin and Jimin’s seething frown. It was obvious Jongin was also enjoying Jimin’s angry pout as much as Jungkook, as the bronze skinned Omega stuck out a hand for a shake. “Welcome to WW High, Jungkook… and I would love to help you out with all the stupid rules, if you insist.”

 

Jungkook gave a dramatic gasp while staring at the offered hand, “I can’t possibly touch your hand. You are an Omega!” All the omegas around the table sniggered, except Jimin… who was clearly pink in face at the indirect mocking.

 

“Don’t worry, I am already mated,” Jongin assured, still holding out his hand.

 

Tentatively, Jungkook reached out a hesitant finger, before brushing Jongin’s hand ever so slightly before looking around the cafeteria in bewilderment, “What?? No earthquake? No hurricane? Yet I was able to touch an Omega?”

 

“Quit being dramatic,” Jimin snapped while his friends kept guffawing at Jungkook’s foolish and childlike act. “Everyone has started to stare.”

 

“Maybe they are staring at your pretty face,” Jungkook muttered out of reflex. It was wholly unintended, but the Alpha could not have the Omegas know that, thus he flashed a slightly awkward smirk toward Jimin, who was choking on the sip he had just taken of his pineapple juice.

 

Jongin coughed somewhere beside him, snapping Jungkook’s attention toward the bronze skin Omega. Jungkook liked him, the Alpha established right then because it was apparent the Omega was not as uptight as Jimin, yet somehow he was friends with him… Jungkook had noticed the day prior as well.

 

“Our maybe they are looking at your pretty face, Jongin,” Jungkook tried steering the conversation toward a safer topic because something told him the moment Jimin recover from his intense coughing, the tiny Omega might try and strangle Jungkook for his little cheek.

 

“No earthquake would come if you touch an Omega,” Out of blue a deep voice alleged, making Jungkook to turn around and find a tall male standing between his and Jongin’s seat. “But try and butter up my mate, and I can assure you a damn hurricane.”

 

Jungkook’s slowly raised his eyes from black shining shoes to a cozy looking black denims to a heavy leather belt to a baby blue dress shirt to a rather chiseled pale face of a guy, who had his perfect eyebrow in an arch.

 

“Wow,” Jungkook let out before turning toward Jongin. “Your mate?” When Jongin nodded with a small laugh, Jungkook winked at him. “He is hot… good for you Jongin.”

 

“Excuse me?” Jongin screeched but he couldn’t hold his laughter. “Sehun is an Alpha! Are you seriously calling my Alpha ‘hot’?!”

 

“Jungkook here is a panual, apparently,” Jimin jumped in the conversation, nose scrunched in disgust. “He would anything as long as it wiggles.”

 

“But funnily enough,” Jungkook retorted, resting his elbow on table with his cheek leaned against his open palm before he smirked at the Omega. “You are the only thing that keeps wiggling the most, baby face.”

 

Jimin looked stunned but not as stunned as the rest of the werewolves around the table. Right then Jungkook concluded he had done his job for today. Smiling pleasantly, he got up from the table, slinging his backpack on his shoulder he leaned on the table with his palm, right in front of Jimin… however when he spoke, it was clear he was talking to bronze skin Omega, “Say Jongin… does the rules book state anything about an Alpha not allowed to blow a kiss toward an Omega?”

 

“No, it doesn’t,” Jongin replied readily, mirth transparent in his voice.

 

Jungkook smiled before bringing his hand to his mouth, then blowing a loud kiss toward Jimin. For a second Jungkook entertained the idea that Jimin’s pink cheeks were more out of embarrassment than anger. It was obvious the Omega was flustered at the sudden attention… and that’s exactly what Jungkook was looking for. If Jimin was dead scared of Alphas and their antics, then what better way to scare the Omega than bestow him with attention from an ‘Alpha’, huh?

 

Strutting back toward the table occupied by his friends, Jungkook noticed the frozen shock on other Alpha’s face. Humming merrily, Jungkook took a seat beside Jaehyun before stealing his food tray, because apparently he left his behind on Jimin’s table.

 

“Jungkook, you are playing with fire,” Jaehyun whispered, a slight astonishment still palpable in his tone.

 

Nevertheless, Jungkook inclined his head in a thoughtful manner before muttering, “Good thing I am hot then… fire can’t burn me, bud.”

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

With Jungkook not allowed the camera in the school premises, the young Alpha took upon himself to explore the small town in the evening, after the school ends. The market area of Woodfield was nothing remarkable; however, surprisingly one could find anything they wanted as long as they looked in the right place.

 

“This would be 23 dollars and 60 cents,” The petite Omega behind the counter said in an oddly chirpy tone, making Jungkook to smile in amusement. People of Woodfield were nice over the whole, portraying perfect image of small town people Jungkook had the pleasure of reading in only books until now. They all had this weird habit of getting to know you without any reason, not realizing they were actually being nosy to some degree. “New here?”

 

“Yes,” Jungkook supplied as he handed five crisp 5 dollars bill to the small Omega, who by the looks of it was well into her late twenties. “Just moved here four days ago.”

 

“Which area?” As expected the Omega was over friendly. Jungkook quickly grabbed the shopping bag containing a camera rechargeable battery along with a memory card as he flashed a smile to the Omega.

 

“Don’t know the name of the area just yet, sorry,” The Alpha was quick to reply, while lightly gesturing toward his back were a couple of town people stood awaiting their turn. “It’s somewhere in the middle of the forest. Anyways I should let you do your work. Thanks for helping me.”

 

“Oh okay… and it was no problem, umm… what you say your name was?” The Omega was persistent; Jungkook almost had the urge to roll his eyes. Apparently this town held every kind of werewolf… an uptight Omega like Jimin and then overly friendly Omegas like, Angelica- if the nametag on the petite Omega’s store uniform was correctly spelled.

 

“Jungkook,” He supplied and out of courtesy tossed another smile. “See you again, Angelica.”

 

“Yeah, see ya!”

 

Jungkook stormed out of the mart, the one and only family mart of the town, mentally cursing himself for thinking straight about another petite Omega while he conversed with Angelica. The fact that Jimin comes popping in his mind at any available opportunity was not healthy, Jungkook was aware of this fact. And it didn’t help that Jimin was nearly all over the WW High. It was fun messing with the tiny Omega, the way he scrunched his nose was adorable to some extent… however, the fact that Jungkook’s locker was right next to Jimin’s was too much of a twisted coincidence of fate. Something which Jungkook had learned only today- when technically it was his third day of using the ancient locker.

 

Jungkook had slammed shut his locker, only to find Jimin putting his own books in his neighboring locker. The Omega was busy chatting and laughing with another Omega. Jimin’s eyes turned into crescent while he laughed, and Jungkook felt a twist in the pit of his stomach once again. It was obvious Jimin couldn’t see while he laughed because Jungkook stood there staring at the petite Omega for a good two minutes before Jimin realized he was being scrutinized. All traces of laugh and humor left the Omega’s face as he glowered at Jungkook before banging shut his locker and leaving the place in hurry.

 

“And I am again thinking about him,” Jungkook groaned under his breath, giving a shake to clear his mind as he walked to the outskirt of the lush green forest. Jungkook took a deep breath, enjoying the smell of nature around him before entering into the Forest. With camera at ready, Jungkook moved further in the thicker part of the tree area. As instructed by his father, Jungkook was delving the forest for upcoming full moon and also fulfilling his own love of nature photography.

 

There were many different kind of wild plants growing from the roots of tall trees, their colorful wild flowers urging to be captured. How much time had passed, Jungkook had no idea… all he knew was how the sky had turned slightly darker as compare to noon. He was just contemplating to return back to civilization when he felt it. The shift in the air was testable on the tip of his tongue. Every fiber of his being was on high alert as he felt the sting of fear and desperation seared in the surrounding. Not thinking twice, Jungkook sprinted toward the source of distress, recognizing the scent of the Omega as well.

 

Jungkook was not a dual core Alpha for nothing because his highly sharp senses directed him toward the situation in a heartbeat. Jungkook stood his ground when a running Omega crashed right into his warm embrace. Jungkook steadied the Omega, eyes’ taking in the docile werewolf’s torn clothes and scratched skin in a nanosecond before a deep growl teared from the back of his throat.

 

“It’s okay, you are safe,” Jungkook assured when the Omega skimmed in his hold. Immediately the Omega halted his struggle and looked up with wild eyes. “Don’t move… I would take care of everything.”

 

Just as Jungkook pushed the Omega behind his broad shoulders, three scrawny looking Alphas stumbled out from between two thick trees. They stopped short at the sight of Jungkook and the Omega.

 

“Oh, you stopped the ,” One of them, tall and lanky looking, shouted in glee. “Good heavens… this runs so fast.”

 

“We weren’t planning on sharing him with anyone else,” The second one, slightly shorter and rounder than other two Alphas, chipped in, grinning like a buffoon. “But since you caught him… we might let you in on the fun, huh? What you say champ?”

 

“Haven’t seen you around the area though?” The third one frowned as he took a better look at Jungkook and noticed his tightly clutched jaws and how he stood with the Omega partially hidden behind him. “You new? Or are you a wandering wolf? But we have to let you know, no matter how indecent an Omega might look like, but we don’t share our Omegas with other clans so you better hand over-”

 

With a single growl, Jungkook pounced on the pathetic Alphas, blowing them apart with a single power punch. If one thing Jungkook had learned in his life, from both his Alpha parents, is to respect and protect an Omega. With fervor burning deep in his chest, bronze eyes lit like fire Jungkook stepped toward the Alphas on ground, with full plan to deform their ugly faces.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

“You didn’t have to bring me here,” The Omega, squared jaw, milky tone skin and a rather impressive set of deep blue eyes mumbled while eyes down casted in shame. Jungkook looked around the emergency area of the small Hospital of Woodfield before bringing back his gaze on the Omega.

 

“You were hurt, you needed medical assistance,” Jungkook replied in a soft soothing tone. “Besides, my father is a doctor so medical assistance is the first thing that jumps in my head, to be honest.”

 

“Your father is a doctor?” The Omega looked surprised for a moment before gazing around the open ward. “Is he here?”

 

“My father is a gynecologist,” Jungkook chuckled. “So unless you have news to give that you are expectin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter