Chapter : 01

Drifting Moon Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter One~

 

The dull purr of car’s engine was not distracting enough to mute the deep sigh leaving his Alpha father’s lips. Neither the forest, blur passing beside them due to the high speed of Mercedes, could hold any fascination for the bronze haired boy. He sat with his head slanting against the window, watching them leave the civilization behind, in order to move toward ‘their natural habitat’; as Seokjin had designated the other day.

 

Jungkook perceived another deep sigh from his Alpha Father, almost making the younger to snigger. It was so palpable what Yoongi was trying to do, however, Jungkook waited with breath held for ‘that’ moment to hit.

 

It was only after another silent and sigh-filled five minutes has passed that Seokjin decided to unseal his lips to utter, “Yoongi-”

 

“Can we slow down a little?” Yoongi snapped as soon as the silence was broken. “What’s the rush?”

 

Yoongi – 1, Seokjin – 0

 

Jungkook mused mentally, internally laughing at the weird game his parents always seemed to play whenever there is this giant elephant-size tension between the pair; the one to break the silence loses.

 

“I want to reach home before night fall,” Seokjin mumbled, trying to make his voice sound calm and cool. But Jungkook knew better, thus he opted to keep his lips lock and obverse the awkwardness oozing out of both of his Alpha parents; which was a rare occurrence as itself.

 

“Home?” Yoongi scoffed, loud and clear.

 

Now it was Jungkook’s turn to release a soft sigh. Both Seokjin and Yoongi were Alphas, and also in a relationship; Jungkook would know since he was their son. However, Alphas do not built an intimate relation with another Alpha… that was the law. Yet Seokjin and Yoongi broke the law… defied their society… compelling them to run away from the said society. Therefore, calling this place ‘home’ was not justified according to Yoongi, and Jungkook kind of agreed with his Alpha Father… however, Seokjin was a different case.

 

Thereafter, Seokjin choose to ignore his better half’s small jab, only concentrating on the road ahead. With each kilometer they covered, the width of the road kept getting smaller and the fog kept getting thicker. Jungkook shivered slightly, feeling the shift in the air. Even his breath started fogging up.

 

“Jungkook,” Yoongi called; his voice soft and full of adoration for his only son. “Your jacket is in the bag beside you. I knew how cold this place gets so I packed an extra layer.”

 

Grateful, Jungkook quickly dug out his black leather jacket, its inside lined with jet black fur, also two identical coverings for his Alpha Parents. The black haired boy silently slipped each jacket on his parent’s lap before shrugging his own sheath over his broad shoulders.

 

“Our bodies are used to this cold weather, Jungkook,” Seokjin said after a heartbeat, watching Jungkook struggle with his own jacket in the rear view mirror. “Yoongi and I practically lived half of our lives running on these mountains.”

 

“Trying to find secluded places to make out, you know,” Yoongi chipped in a rather nonchalant manner, disregarding the whine Jungkook let out at the gross mental images.

 

“TMI!!” Jungkook exclaimed in a dramatic manner.

 

“What TMI?” Yoongi snorted. “Won’t be long before you have found your own mate to do these disgustingly cute couple things. Just like your father said,” Yoongi turned his head to glare at Seokjin’s smiling face. “ONE of the reasons why we are moving back to this hell hole is for you to find your destined mate or any mate- in case you don’t imprint on anyone.”

 

“Before I take that mate and move back to city,” Jungkook said in a measured tone. “That is the deal, right?”

 

“Yeah… that is the deal,” Seokjin murmured, expressions in check, as he turned and glided his car to a much narrow street. Jungkook noticed how Yoongi’s eyes got wider with confusion seeping in them as he turned to raise a brow at Seokjin. However the elder Alpha just smiled at his mate.

 

Another ten minutes of drive on the narrow pathway led their car to a lone house- more like a mansion- standing at the end of the small street. Yoongi and Jungkook were silently gapping at the tall building as they stepped out of the car.

 

“How…?” Yoongi breathed softly.

 

“I bought it last month when I came here,” Seokjin informed pleasantly. “Ordered the necessities and I am sure the dealer had it furnished, liked I asked.”

 

Immediately, Yoongi’s eyes soften as he tip toed to plant a peck over Seokjin’s think prodding lips before a whisper of ‘Thank You’ washed over them. Slightly smiling, Yoongi made to enter the house and explore the place while Seokjin and Jungkook were left standing there.

 

“I thought we were gonna stay at-?” Jungkook started but Seokjin’s hand on his shoulder stopped him short.

 

“Anything to make Yoongi happy,” Seokjin supplied shortly, chuckling at the snort Jungkook let out. Standing before his Alpha Father, Jungkook noticed how they were nearly of same height… a few years more and Jungkook might be towering over the elder man. It was always so fascinating for the younger how sometimes Seokjin and he almost looked alike; with their same chestnut bronze hair, to their big brown eyes, to their wide shoulders. Jungkook’s shoulders were not as wide Seokjin’s, but the younger knew one day he would attain that too. “So, was the burger we had on our way enough or do you want me to fix something light for you, now?”

 

“Nah, not hungry,” Jungkook shook his head, shifting a yawn behind his hand. “The journey tired me out; I think I would like to hit the bed.”

 

“Sure thing,” Seokjin nodded in understanding. “Your bedroom is on the upper floor, third door down the hallway. You should sleep timely, since you gotta get up early for school. I already enrolled you in Wolverine Woods High School, since Yoongi and I attended the same high school as well.”

 

“Wow… such a discreet name,” Jungkook snorted while rolling his eyes. “Nobody would ever find out what kind of people goes there.”

 

“No humans come here anyways,” Seokjin supplied with a loud laugh. “So who are we gonna be worried about? The Vampires? But I am pretty sure they themselves named their school as Fang High School, as classy as ours.”

 

“You made that up, didn’t you?” Jungkook accused his laughing father. “Your jokes are so lame; I still don’t get what Dad saw in you.”

 

“Brat!” Seokjin screeched but Jungkook duck just in time before making a run to his bedroom.

 

The room was decent size, with a queen size bed at one corner while a writing desk stood on the other corner, with a wide window between them. However the room was bared of any personal touches, something Jungkook would get to, eventually. The tired boy dragged his body to the attached bathroom and took a quick shower. The walked in closet beside the bathroom was filled with comfortable clothes. His Alpha Father sure did a thorough job, Jungkook mused while yanking a loose and airy boxer on his angular hipbone. When Seokjin had told Yoongi and Jungkook how they would be moving back to Woodfield Town and how they would leave with only a few boxes in tow, Jungkook had wonder what his father was leading them to. But he was glad they left their city house untouched; a place for them to return whenever they wanted.

 

Afterwards, Jungkook stood against the window, staring at the thick forest that surrounded their house, noticing the silence that engulfed them from left and right. Jungkook was highly aware of the movements on the floor below. He could practically feel the way Seokjin manhandled Yoongi on their new bed. The pants and moans were bleeding through the walls.

 

Jungkook sighed. At least back in city the area was always buzzing with different sounds, making it easier for him to mum out his parent’s lust for each other. Quickly Jungkook looked around, eyes falling on the small bag of personal necessities Jungkook had packed for himself, and Seokjin must have got it out of the car for him.

 

Digging out his music player and head phone, Jungkook fell on his bed. Laying eagle spread with his ear covered by the head phone blasting the music at top of its volume, Jungkook was successful in luring himself to sleep… ignoring the dread for the upcoming day.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

“Drop me off at the corner of the street,” Jungkook pleaded once Seokjin entered the commercial area of Woodfield. “As an eighteen year old adult, I need to preserve my image by not letting anyone find out my father dropped me off on my first day of school.”

 

“You are new to the town,” Seokjin tried to reason but Jungkook only opted to jut out his lower lip in a stubborn manner, his wide eyes blinking imploringly. “Fine! Just don’t go all Yoongi eye on me.”

 

“But that always works,” Jungkook pointed out with a chuckle while Seokjin came to a stop on a certain road junction.

 

“Okay, so WW High School is on the other end of this road,” Seokjin supplied. “And I hope you learned the route to back home, because I am sure your eighteen year adult won’t want me to come and pick you up when school ends.”

 

Jungkook chuckled while shaking his head before leaping out of the car, leaning in he whispered, “Yeah I think I would manage… bye Father.”

 

Jungkook raised a carefree hand to Seokjin’s shout of ‘Good Bye’ as he treaded along the nearly deserted road. He could make out a few heads walking down the road several meters ahead. A quick glance at his watch showed how the school won’t become functional for next half an hour. Taking his sweet time, Jungkook look around the road, noticing a few more gigantic buildings, such as middle school, hostels and such. The air was a bit foggy, giving his surrounding a blissful look. Jungkook made a mental note to bring his camera to school tomorrow, in order to catch the aesthetics of the place.

 

Entering the humungous building of Wolverine Woods High School, Jungkook was highly aware of heads turning around and gazing at him in pure curiosity. The younger walked with confident Alpha steps, head thrown back and his backpack hanging off one strong shoulder. He stopped a petite looking Omega in the hallway to ask directions for administration office, making sure to make his voice deep and husky… that usually gets him everything done. Once he had attained the require direction he darted a small smirk to the flustered looking Omega before walking toward his destination.

 

Along with height and broad shoulders, Jungkook was aware of his good looks, and he be damned if he doesn’t use them for his benefit. His chiseled jaw, angular nose and thin pink lips had always been admired. Thus he admits; he is a little cocky.

 

The lady behind the desk was nice to talk to. She immediately recognized Jungkook and handed him the required schedules, a set of books, a list of teacher’s names, a small student id card and a small key to his locker. Jungkook was baffled to find an actual lock hanging from the hook of his locker, once he found locker number D-33.

 

“No combination locks?” Jungkook whispered under his breath, rolling his eyes when he realized these ancient looking lockers must be here since his father’s days… or even before that. Mentally he was thankful that he only has to spend a few months here, since the year was about to end and Jungkook was in his senior year at the moment. “Okay… let’s see which class I have been allotted… hmm… Senior Year Section Alpha??” Jungkook frowned in confusion. “They have classes distributed among Alpha and Omegas? Father didn’t say anything like that…”

 

“New to Wolverine Woods then, I see,” An amuse voice said from beside the younger boy, making him to shut his locker’s door and find a tall body with a broadly smiling face behind it. A single sniff and Jungkook knew the other was an Alpha. “Hi, I am Jung Jaehyun… also in Senior Year Section… Alpha…”

 

Jungkook’s lips graced with a small amuse smile but he took the offered hand anyways. Giving a strong jerk to other Alpha’s hand, Jungkook muttered, “Jungkook… and like you said; new to Wolverine Woods.”

 

“What? No surname? Jaehyun asked intrigued.

 

“Not an official one,” Jungkook sniggered at the confusion on other’s face. “Both of my parents are Alphas, they couldn’t decide whose surname I should carry, so officially I have no surname, but occasionally I use either of theirs… Kim or Min… whatever floats my boat.”

 

“Okay… complicated but okay…” Jaehyun tilted his head in somewhat a cute manner. “But both of your parents are Alpha? That’s wicked. But not unheard of… I heard a rumor about this Alpha couple from long ago… literally every tree on the premises of School ground has engraved their nickname ‘Sin’ with a devil face around it… people said ‘Sin’ was actually a combo of their names.”

 

“They engraved their names with a devil face around it? Wow that’s so romantic,” Jungkook muttered sarcastically making Jaehyun to chuckle. But before either of them could say anything, the bell- warning the start of school- rang loud and angry in the hallway. Jaehyun offered to show Jungkook the way to class, and the latter readily agreed, especially after noticing the looks he was attracting from the original Wolverine Woods student population.

 

Unsurprisingly, all the Alphas- in his class- turned to gaze over him in a curious manner but Jaehyun’s presence compelled them to stay away from Jungkook.

 

“Either you are really popular or really intimidating,” Jungkook let Jaehyun in on his thoughts, plopping down his backpack on a hard wooden chair. “It feels like those Alphas,” Jungkook tilted his head toward a group hurdle at the back, eyes fixed on them as the pair took seats in the middle of the room- not too at the front nor too at the back was comfortable enough for Jungkook. “Want to come and have a go at me, for whatever reason, but they aren’t because you are with me.”

 

“My father is the principal,” Jaehyun muttered uninterestedly, proving Jungkook’s thought correct. “And also, those Alphas are in Alpha Union council, thus taking an interest in every unmated Alpha is their business. They would corner you one way or another by the end of today, anyways.”

 

“Alpha Union?” Jungkook asked intrigued.

 

“Yup… a community to keep tabs over unmated Alphas around the area,” Jaehyun explain with a slight eye roll. “These unions, Alpha and Omega’s, were created a few years back… and they are the one who forced School System to have separate sections for Alphas and Omegas.”

 

“Why though? What’s the point of having co-ed school if Alphas and Omegas can’t even mingle?” Jungkook snorted, earning a low growl from the group of Alphas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter