Movement 1

The Last Sonata

Days past and Jaehyun barely remembered the "incident" at Freedom Play. His schedule was packed to the brim and there was hardly any time for him to catch his breath. Finally, there was gonna be a day free after his night radio schedule for that night. 

"Jaehyun-ah, Taeyong just said that the rest of them want to hang out by the park and play basketball, shall we meet them there?" Johnny asked as they prepared to leave the recording studio. 

Jaehyun hesitated, suddenly remembering about the mysterious person at Freedom Play, but he wanted to spend some time relaxing with his brothers too. "Alright, let's play a few games and then I would like to go to Freedom Play for a short while." Jaehyun finally replied, given that he has not played his favourite sport in ages too. With that, both of them quickly left the studio to head back to their dorm. 

The basketball games were so intense Jaehyun almost lost track of time. He had fun trashing the older members, Taeyong, Yuta, Doyoung, Taeil and Johnny. As they took a short break, Jaehyun finally remembered that he had wanted to find the person. "Guys, I think I will leave now to go to Freedom Play for a short while. I'll see you all back at home! Won't be long!" Jaehyun exclaimed as he quickly got up to leave. The rest chorused back unisonly,"BYE!"

Jaehyun quickly walked to the place and checked the machine. To his disappointment, there was nobody using the rooms. However, he was already here, so he decided to just play for a short while, hoping that the person will arrive then. Jaehyun decided to play Moonlight Sonata in hopes that the person may hear it when if he or she has reached. He could not really remember how to play as it has been a long time since he really played this piece. On his 5th try to play correctly, he stumbled in the middle and stopped in annoyance. Jaehyun took a deep breath and decided to start from the front again, believing he can play the entire movement correctly now. Suddenly, the sound of a piano travelled to his ears. With a start, he realised the person had continued from where he stopped and was playing quite perfectly. It was a much better playing than the first time but Jaehyun was sure it was the same person. The feelings were still raw and powerful. Jaehyun got caught in the playing and sat listening to it. Very soon, movement 1 of Moonlight Sonata ended and the playing stopped. Jaehyun quickly got up and left the room. It hadn't felt like the person was far away, so he quickly searched the entire level. However, none of the room were being used there. Jaehyun quickly ran down to the first floor where to his disappointment, all the keys were once again in the machine.

Jaehyun was really confused, "How did someone disappear so quickly when the playing had felt so near?"