Movement 3

The Last Sonata

Jaehyun's POV

Today it was our first lesson.

We had arranged our time through the owner, who kindly helped us leave our message. For some reason, I was really nervous and did not want to be with her alone. 

"Jungwoo-ah, do you wanna go with me to meet YooJin today? We are having our first piano lesson." 

Jungwoo grinned, knowing that I was nervous, "Why would I go and be the third person there!" 

"Stop making fun of me! It's just a piano lesson, I'm just afraid she might be uncomfortable. It seems better to have a familiar face. Anyway, you have no schedule too!" 

"Ah, alright then. If you really want me to go hyung. I wouldn't mind learning from you too!"

-------

When we reached the place around 10pm, Yoojin was already waiting by the entrance.

"Hello, thank you so much for taking your precious rest time to teach me. I really appreciate it."

I shrugged it off, doing my best to hide how happy I am to see her. That would have been too weird for her if I looked too happy. After all, we barely know each other. She could know things about me from the Internet, but I know nothing except her name. I didn't want to scare her away. 

We settled down in a room and I asked her what she liked to learn. 

"I always liked this piece called Moonlight Sonata,  is it possible to learn that?"

She actually liked the same piece as me. At that moment I felt a greater sense of familiarity towards her. I tested her on some basics to gauge her standards, and found, to my surprise, that while she did not exactly know how to read notes, she knew all the basics scales. I decided it would be easier to show her how to play so that she can follow accordingly. For that day, I simply thought her the notes for the melody of movement 1 slowly. She was passionate and hard-working, and actually learned pretty fast. I got so caught up with her that I barely registered the soft knock on our door.

Third POV

"Hyung, its nearly 12mn. I think we should let Yoojin go home." Jungwoo announced to both Jaehyun and Yoojin. Immediately, a sense of reluctant overcome Jaehyun and he could not help but frown. 

Seeing his face, Yoojin mistook Jaehyun's expression as being disappointed at her progress, "I'm sorry, I should have learnt even more during our short time together. Now, I have wasted your time."

"Oh no, I'm just disappointed that time passed so fast and that I could not teach you even more. But you don't have to worry! You are a really good student!" Jaehyun immediately reassured her. He could not admit that he wanted to spend more time with her. 

They made their way to the entrance, when Jungwoo said, "Hyung, you should send her home."

"Oh no, I live nearby! Besides, it would be bad if people should see you with a strange girl." Yoojin declined vehemently. 

As much as Jaehyun wanted to refute, he knew she was right. Any scandal would not benefit their group right now and he did not want to cause uneccessary burden to s. 

"Alright, but why don't I give you my number ? You can call me as soon as you reach home so that I"ll.... I mean we'll know that you are safe. Besides, it will be easier for us to arrange our next class together." Without waiting, Jaehyun took a pen and paper from his bag, wrote down his number and handed it to Yoojin. 

"Thank you for being such nice people. I will call once I reached home. Goodbye." Yoojin bowed deeply, before walking quickly away.

"Hyung, that was not like you at all." Jungwoo immediately teased. 

"I had no idea what I was doing. I feel such a dork." Jaehyun sighed, looking at Yoojin's departing figure. He didn't know why he was so eager to give his number to her, and as they walked back to their dorms, he could not help but wait. 

Jaehyun eagerly waits for his phone to vibrate.