Movement 6

The Last Sonata

"You are the one that I have been hearing?" Jaehyun asked in disbelief, not sure whether he should be feeling happy or shocked. After all, Yoo Jin had insisted it was not her the first time they met. 

"Well, now you know. I did not mean to lie to you. I just wanted you to teach me how to play" Yoo Jin replied, eyes averting Jaehyun's gaze. 

"But you know how to play dont you? I don't understand.."

"I needed to know how to play the entire song, just this song. I had to perfect it. But it is not easy to learn by myself because I can't read the notes." 

"Why do you need to learn so badly?" Jaehyun was confused. He did not understand why Yoo Jin was so urgent to learn it. 

" I need to learn it for him. If I can play the entire song, he would be better. That's what he said." 

"But he lied." Yoojin whispered. Jaehyun could see that she was barely containing her tears. 

As Jaehyun was about to ask what happen, Yoojin cut him off, " Sorry I said too much. You need not concern yourself with all this. I'm truly sorry for lying to you and making use of you. I appreciate your sincerity in teaching me but we can stop now. I don't have to learn it anymore." 

"It's been nice knowing you. And I wish we can be real friends. You are so nice to me. Thank you."

Before Jaehyun could even comprehend what just happened, Yoojin had turned to gather her stuff and hurriedly walked past Jaehyun to leave. He could not even react quick enough to call her back. 

Jaehyun stood there in stunned silence trying to wrap his heads around what Yoojin said. Suddenly, he realise there was a piece of photograph Jaehyun walked in and picked it up, realising it was a photo of Yoojin with a unfamiliar guy. Turning the picture over, he realised there were words on it.

"My dearest Yoojin, 

Thank you for giving me a chance to be with you. I will treasure you forever!

DaeJoon"

Scrawled at the bottom in a barely visible handwriting,

"Why did you leave me"