Last Movement

The Last Sonata

The members of NCT127 were bursting with energy backstage, excited at the thought of showcasing their hard work in just an hour's time at their concert. All of them had put in hours of practices for their individual performances too, and could not wait to be standing in front of their fans. Jaehyun checked his phone and saw that Yoojin had replied that she was on the way to their concert venue. Jaehyun heaved a sigh of relief as he was afraid that Yoojin would backed out and not come for his concert. He wanted to cheer her up with their performances and he had prepared a special performance that he wanted Yoojin to see specially. Jaehyun did not originally lined up this performance in the setlist and finally told s about Yoojin to request for this extra time. Everyone was more than willing to allow Jaehyun to add in this extra performance. Afterall, it would not harm to spend more time with their fans. 

The concert soon started and the group performed their hit songs, putting their best efforts into their performances and interacted with their fans. Individual performances were also showcased, to the joy of their fans. At one point, Jaehyun caught a glimpse of Yoojin moving along to their song and was glad to see her enjoying herself. He could not wait to show his performance. 

"I'm so happy that all of you are enjoying yourself tonight. All of you must be wondering why I came out again. I know I had already performed a dance just now, but this is a special performance. I met this friend recently, who is an absolute angel. She lost someone dear to her recently and regretted not fulfilling the person's wish of listening to her playing to the piece Moonlight Sonata. She has been really upset and I just thought, why not I play it on her behalf. She's here today and I hope I am not overstepping my boundaries, but I want all of you here to know a bright young man who had never lost his positivity even in face of his sickness. His name is Daejoon. "

Jaehyun took a deep breath and pressed down on the piano keys, starting his performance. As he played, he thought to himself, "Hey Daejoon, don't you worry, I will continue to watch over Yoojin for you. She will always be my friend and I will make sure she will be happy." There was a hushed silence as Jaehyun played the last note, before a resounding applause rang through the entire stadium. Jaehyun finally looked out to spot Yoojin, afraid to see her reaction. A smile broke into Jaehyun's face as he finally spotted her reaction. Although there was a significant distance between them, he could see the bright smile on her face and her hands clapping in unison with the rest. He never regretted meeting Yoojin and spending all that time with her.

Perhaps he imagined it, but Jaehyun was sure he could see the words she mouthed.

"Thank you."