Movement 5

The Last Sonata

We have not met for a month since since our 5th lesson. I was too busy with my schedule, flying over to Chile for our SM concert. We hardly communicated too, as Yoo Jin said that she was getting overwelmed by her upcoming exams. Whereas she was eagerly learning from me, she was also distant at the same time. Jungwoo had advised me against trying to build something more than a friendship, but I could not stop myself as much as I should be. I was confiding in her the stress and tiredness I sometimes get, telling her about the things me and my members do in our free time, and just sharing about my life. While she listened and reacted to all my messages, I realised that she was not reciprocating. All I knew about her was that she is studying in a university, and that she lived nearby. I don't even know her age. Perhaps I have put her off when I shared with her about the mysterious person I heard there too. I told her how I really liked the person playing and how much I would loved to meet him or her. I am not sure when I sercretly harboured a small hope that she was jealous about me wanting to meet another person. It's really just crazy. Even though she responded very courteously, I still replied as soon as I can whenever I see her messages. I started conversations when she last seen them. And yet, with my effort, I barely know anything about her. It's as if she got something to hide from me. Maybe I'm just overthinking. She probably just want to avoid getting close with an idol who has too much restrictions and committments. I guess my identity has carried too much responsibilities with it. 

Today, I finally got some free time. My fingers hovered over the unread message of me asking her whether she wanted to meet today. Stop it, Jung JaeHyun. Get a grip of yourself. She's just a girl you happen to meet and get to know. She's just a friend, perhaps only a student to you. Why am I so captured by a girl whose age I don't even know. Let's just go to Freedom Play, my head will feel clearer if I play the piano. I took my time to walk to the place, feeling the peace at not having to rush everywhere. As much as I love having all these activities, it still feels good to have some individual time to myself. When I reached the place, I heard it again. The distinct emotionally filled playing. This time, I can finally find you. I traced the music to the 3rd level and found myself at the last door. The person inside was still playing, now at the 2nd movement of the Moonlight Sonata. This movement was supposed to be cheerful, but why do I feel a sense of gloom over it? Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door. The playing stopped instantly, and I heard the flurry of movement as the person quickly moved to the door and opened it.

"Jaehyun-sshi?" 

"It was you?" 

I stared right at Yoo Jin.