Movement 7

The Last Sonata

Jaehyun was completely annoyed at himself. His mind was filled with what happened with Yoojin that fateful day whenever he is not busy. He had tried to take his mind off by training hard during his free time and going out to eat with the other members. However, his mind just subconsciously drift back to the photograph he saw. His initial text messages to Yoojin went unread despite them being assurance that he was okay with having been lied to. He had even simply messaged that he wanted to read the photograph, but to no avail. In the end, Jaehyun just stopped texting back because he did not want to seem intrusive on Yoojin's private life. She had obviously lied for a reason. But how he wish there was something else he could do. The photograph now lay hidden below his pile of clothes in his room, so that none of the members would see it. He had no idea how to return it to her without her replying his message. It's only now that he realised how little he really knew about her. There was a connection when they played the piano together, when he heard her playing. But that was all to it. Now the connection seemed pretty forced to him. 

"You were just trying to create something out of nothing you idiot." Jaehyun thought to himself as he fell back on his back in the training room and hit his head with his hands. 

"What's wrong hyung?" A shadow fell over his body, and he realised with a start that he had forgotten about Jungwoo's presence in the training room. He had thought all of them had went to grab some snacks when they took a break. Jaehyun sat up and looked at Jungwoo for a moment, comtemplating if he should reveal what happen. Jungwoo eyed him back, knowing full well that Jaehyun was having a personal issue regarding Yoojin. He had sensed a change in Jaehyun's mood after the day he went to Freedom Play but did not wanted to pry, preferring to wait till Jaehyun wanted to tell him. 

"Ahh screw it, one more brain to help me resolve this misunderstanding is better than me racking my brains over nothing." Jaehyun finally decided and spilled the entire story to Jungwoo. 

"And so, I need a way to find her and return the photograph. It is obviously something very valuable to her." 

Jungwoo sank into deep thoughts for a few minutes, trying to think of how to help. "How about going back to Freedom Play? I'm sure the boss must know something about the whereabouts of her. Besides, I think she lives around that area. If we ask around, I'm sure there will be someone who knows something. Anyway, we are ending our training soon, why not the two of us go by Freedom Play?" 

"You're right. I should have thought about that earlier." Jaehyun felt slightly miffed at himself for not thinking of such a simple idea. 

---------

Both Jaehyun and Jungwoo made their way to Freedom Play after stopping by the dorm with the other members to clean up. Jaehyun heaved a sigh of relief to see the owner sitting by the counters. 

"Ahjussi, do you remember seeing a customer called Yoojin?" Jaehyun asked.

"Ah yes, that sweet little girl. She was always greeting me whenever she sees me. But I hardly see her these days. She used to come in with that nice boy but the last few times, she was alone." 

"Do you know where she lives?" Jungwoo questioned. 

"Hmm, I cannot be sure but I do know that they go to Hanyang university. I have seen them with some work in their hands with the university name. You might want to try going to the university to find them. " The old man kindly replied. 

"Thank you so much ahjussi!" Both of them chimed, grateful for a new lead.