Ch 15

Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky was already dark when Sinb arrived in the hotel after the one-day tour. She didn’t feel that good these past days, so she wanted to go directly to her room. She was in the lobby when she saw someone familiar sitting on the sofa.

“Hana?” asked Sinb in disbelief. She approached Hana. “What are you doing here?”

“You don’t want to welcome me?” said Hana smiling to Sinb. “I came to support you of course.”

Sinb still couldn’t believe she saw Hana in her hotel in Japan.

“But you don’t have to come all the way here though.” She said.

“It’s okay. I want it anyway.”

Sinb was moved by the fact that Hana came all the way from Korea to support her. She asked Hana where she stays for the night and she said she booked the room in the same hotel as her. Her room was one level lower than Sinb’s. Hana asked Sinb if she wanted to get a coffee in the hotel restaurant and have a conversation with her for a while. Sinb said she wanted to go to her room to put some of the things she bought today first and told Hana to just wait for her there.

“She’s your girlfriend?” asked Changmin who walked beside her on the way to her room.

“What? No. She’s my friend.”

“Oh, I thought she’s your girlfriend. You guys look good together.” Said Changmin.

Sinb didn’t say anything.

“By the way, you have a girlfriend, right? I mean I never saw her. And she’s not coming?” asked Changmin.

Sinb gave him a fierce stare. Changmin knew he made a mistake by asking that question.

“Nevermind.” He said.

Sinb’s room was located 2 rooms away from Changmin’s room. She put her belonging in and looked for her phone. She forgot that it was still being repaired. She sighed. After making sure she had put all the things she bought in her room, she went out again to the restaurant that is located on the top floor of the hotel building.

When she arrived in the restaurant, Hana was already waiting for her in the table near the window at the edge of the restaurant. She saw Sinb and waved at her. Sinb went to the waiter to order something before she sat down in the chair in front of Hana.

“This is my first time in Japan.” Started Hana.

“It’s my first time too.” Reciprocated Sinb.

“It’s so beautiful here, don’t you think?”

“Yeah.” Answered Sinb short.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I mean, not really. I’ve been so busy lately and also got some bad days too.”

“You can talk to me, you know. About anything.” Said Hana. “Is this about Eunha?” she paused. “I think at this point you should just forget about her. She didn’t even ask about your competition or anything, right?”

“Yeah, but…”

“When is the last time she contacted you?”

“I don’t know. It’s been a long time I guess.”

“I think if I were you or her, I already consider that the relationship is over.” She paused. “Plus, you have to concentrate on the competition now. Remember, it’s the final.”

“You’re right. I should focus on the competition now.” Sinb said. “Thank you for coming all the way to Japan to support me. It means a lot.”

“No problem.” Said Hana. She put a smile when she said that and quickly talked about something else to distract Sinb from whatever in her mind. It did help.

They were laughing and chatting for quite a while, it was already 8:30 pm when Sinb checked her watch. She told Hana that she should get back to her room to rest because she has a big day the next day. They were both then walked together out of the restaurant. They continued to chat and teased each other a little while walking on the corridor on the way to the elevator. Even when they were inside the elevator Sinb was still laughing at Hana’s joke. There was nobody besides the two of them. Hana was looking at Sinb closely. Sinb who was still laughing stopped suddenly when she realized that Hana was staring at her.

“Is there something wrong with me?” asked Sinb.

“No.” said Hana

“So, what’s wrong?”

“I just think you’re so pretty.”

It has been a while since Sinb heard someone calling her pretty, she blushed a little. She looked away. But then when she wanted to look back at Hana, Hana’s face was already getting closer to hers. Before she knew both of their lips touched. Sinb was startled but she didn’t budge. Instead, she reciprocated Hana’s kiss after a while. She has to admit that she missed the feeling when someone’s lips touch hers. Hana put her hands on Sinb’s nape and pushed her to the corner of the elevator. It was soft and passionate. Sinb was ready to put her hand on Hana’s hips. But it was different.

Sinb did miss the sensation, but it was not the one she wanted. No matter how soft Hana’s lips felt on hers, it’s not the softness she craved for. No matter how passionate it was, she didn’t want it. Cause it’s not Hana she wanted. It was Eunha.

She pushed Hana right when they arrived at Sinb’s floor and the elevator door was opened.

“I’m sorry.” Sinb said while rushing out of the elevator and wiped her lips with her hand on her way to her room leaving Hana alone inside the elevator.

***

“What do you want to watch first?” asked Yuna who was sitting in Eunha’s living room holding a remote ready to play a movie on the TV with snacks prepared in front of her. Eunha just sat beside Yuna when she said that holding a popcorn bucket on her left hand and the other hand putting popcorn in .

“That one.” She said while chewing the popcorn and give a sign to Yuna with her eyes.

“This one?” Yuna asked while moving the pointer to ‘Fantastic Beast: The Crimes of Grindelwald’. Eunha nodded.

“Wait!” said Eunha suddenly. “I changed my mind. Let’s watch the other movie.”

They both watched a movie called ‘Attila Marcel’ at the end. It was not without reason that Eunha suddenly changed her mind. Fantastic Beast is another franchise movie of JK Rowling’s Wizarding World, Sinb’s favorite.  And she was in the middle of trying to forget Sinb so it wouldn’t be good for her since she would definitely remember about her if she watched the movie. In fact, she already remembered her even before the movie was started.

Nevertheless, Eunha’s change of heart turned out to be not that bad at all. They were halfway through the movie and so far, Eunha’s liking it. In the middle of laughing after the scene where Paul, the main character turned awkward when a girl liking him, she asked Yuna to paused it.

“I need to go to refill my drink.” Said Eunha.

“But we're in a good part here.” Said Yuna insisting to press play again.

“Just a minute.” Replied Eunha ready to stand up.

“Fine.” Said Yuna pretending to be disappointed. “Quick, quick” she added when she saw Eunha ran a little to the kitchen to .

Eunha got back after 5 minutes with her glass filled.

“Okay, I’m ready! Play!” said Eunha when she sat back down beside Yuna.

“Play!” said Yuna playfully to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter