Ch 18

Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Can I ask you a question?” asked Umji.

“Sure.” Eunha answered short.

“Why are you asking me all of this?” she paused. “At first I thought you want to warn me to stay away from Yuna. But now that I see you, I might be wrong.”

“I definitely not gonna make you stay away from her. You’re her best friend after all.”

Eunha thought at first that she can finished her sentence and answer Umji’s questions completely but it was like someone took out her voice, she fell into silent.

“Is it about Sinb? You can’t get her out of your mind?”

Eunha was looking at Umji. She still can’t get her voice back.

“To be honest, I heard your story a lot from Yuna. And objectively speaking, she’s a jerk.” Umji continued. “But my objectivity only works from your perspective. You know what I mean?”

“Yeah.” Eunha reflexively answer, staring blankly to the floor as if she just realized something.

She was surprised herself that she completely understood what Umji said and was able to find her voice back to finally reciprocate.

“Thank you.” Added Eunha.

“For what?”

“For being so kind to me. Even though you hate me.”

“Well, now that I think about it and that I know you better personally, I think I know why Yuna likes you.”

***

After a day a little over a week, Sinb open her phone to check her sns again. There were not many comments or notifications, only some people wrote something like ‘enjoy your vacation, we will wait for you after your vacation end’, there were also some of them who said, ‘can you make a vlog of your vacation?’ But Sinb quickly skipped those. While scrolling down the notification page, something caught her eyes. She already passed it so she needed to scroll up to go back to that certain notification. After some attempts to find it, quickly paused when she finally landed on the right line.

Eunha530 liked your photo.

Sinb’s eyes were opened wide. She even stood up from her position. Couldn’t believe what she saw, she tried to click the account and see the profile. She did it a few times and it always directed to Eunha’s account. Though, it was a bit sad for Sinb to look at it cause Eunha already removed her initial from the bio, but she was still got the excitement knowing that it was really Eunha who liked her post.

This thing made Sinb think. She knew that this was the photo that Eunha said she likes it personally when they went on the road trip. She thought that Eunha might aware of her reason behind the photo choice. ‘But no, she could be just clicked it by accidents. It should be like that. She didn’t even want to see me this whole time.’ She thought.

In the middle of thinking whether it was just an accident or not, she came to a conclusion that she got this sign that she has to do something at least for the last time. A better and a proper plan.

So, she came up with one, probably mindless but the only ‘proper’ thing she could think of.

 

 

Sinb

[Hey, I know you will probably ignore my message but this the least I can do now. I want to say that, I’m sorry. I know it’s not proper to say it here.]

 

[That’s why I want to meet you somewhere. Alone. Just the two of us.]

 

[And even if after we meet, you will still choose to stay away from me, it’s fine by me. At least I want to explain everything.]

 

[Just for one last time.]

 

 

She knew there was a high chance she wouldn’t got any reply. And it seemed to be right. One day, two days, and even after three days, there was no sign that Eunha would reply her.

***

Eunha was looking at her phone for quite a while.

“Got something interesting on your phone?” asked Yuna.

She was preparing a breakfast for both Eunha and herself. Eunha was sitting on the stool in the kitchen bar. Yuna has just finished a plate of scrambled egg and put it in front of the smaller girl.

“Ah it’s just…a message from Sinb.”

“Oh, I’m surprised that you finally mention her to me.”

Yuna put another plate of scramble egg for her from the counter and put it on the table. She grabbed her fork and started to dig her plate. She took some and feed it to Eunha sometimes because the smaller girl’s still pretty much fixed on her phone and haven’t touched her breakfast yet. Yuna knew there was something more Eunha wanted to say, she just waited for her to let it out.

Yuna was sipping on her orange juice when Eunha suddenly asked her whether she can meet Sinb or not. Yuna of course wouldn’t say she can’t if that’s what she really wants. But she was curious on why she decided to meet Sinb.

“I just feel like, I can’t be like this all the time. I feel like, there’s something I need to finish and it’s about Sinb.”

Yuna was thinking for a while. She did feel that Eunha need to finish the problem she had with Sinb. Looking at her condition at the moment was not really better than before.

“Sure, if that’s what you want and what you need.”

“Thank you.”

***

Another typical day for Sinb – at least after she decided to exile herself in her apartment. Lying in the sofa, turning the TV on, changing the channel until it went back to the first channel with a complete knowledge that she won’t find anything interesting enough to watch. It was like she did that as a ritual.

She put her phone on the coffee table near her. Just in case there’s a message pop up from Eunha, which she actually half gave it up. It was officially the 4th day, and usually no one left a message unanswered for 4 days if they have the intention to reply it. She started to try to brainwashed herself with the future plan if Eunha didn’t reply her. It was hard cause she hasn’t think thoroughly about the possibility before.

‘Stupid, I even wrote it on my message that there’s a chance that she would ignore me, but how can I not think about plan B.’ she thought.

She didn’t feel like continuing her life in front of camera after this. If she had to move on without Eunha, she wanted to do something more offline. Maybe opened her own PC Bang. But she still needs more money to do that. She was in another crisis cause besides game, she didn’t think she is good at something.

She has this thought that maybe she should just send another message to Eunha stating the time and place she will wait for her and just see if she will show up later. It would be better at least she will know if she should just really give up or not.

*phone ring*

Sinb thought it must be Changmin who always tried to contact her about Nexon – though it was pretty much impossible to get it back right now. Or it could also be Hana who was surprisingly and shamelessly still trying to contact her.

‘I should’ve block her. Wait no, I’ll block her now.’

She took her phone and see who was calling.

My forever and ever cute baby bunny <3

It was a rather cheesy name, but at least there’s only one person with that contact name and she was sure who was it. Eunha. She told Sinb to change the name with a simple one so many times but she refused.

Sinb was panicking. she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter