Ch 11

Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mmm…Where are we going at this hour?” Eunha asked with Sinb’s hand covering her eyes. “Are we on a cable car now?”

“We’re almost there.” It was 22.10 when Sinb checked her watch.

“I’m getting dizzy, cause I can’t see anything.”

“There we go.” Sinb said while guiding Eunha out of the cable car.

She walked Eunha to the edge of the park on the top of Namsan Park. There were some people that night but not too many since it was late. She told Eunha to keep closing her eyes while one of her hand took out a Bluetooth speaker from the pocket of her coat and turn it on. Eunha asked her about the sound that came from the speaker. But Sinb told her to just be quiet and wait for a little while. She took her phone out and let go her other hand from Eunha while insisting on the shorter girl to keep closing her eyes. She opened her music app and ready to click the play button. She stood behind Eunha and whispered to her to opened her eyes slowly while clicking the play button. ‘Tell me you love me’ from Bbolppalgan4 started to play in the background.

Eunha opened her eyes slowly. It was blurry for a moment but then she saw the city lights and the stars shining on each other’s part which separated by the hill surrounded the city at the edge of her sight.

“It’s pretty, isn’t it?” Sinb said.

“Yeah, but…” Eunha was about to turn her body to face Sinb, but Sinb quickly grabbed both of Eunha’s arms to kept the shorter girl’s position.

“Wait, don’t look at me first.” Sinb said. “I want to show you something.” She added while handing another phone that she has prepared for Eunha. There was a big ‘Play’ button in the middle of the screen.

“You want me to play a game?” asked Eunha confused.

“Yes, an AR one. Just press the button and point it to the city.”

Eunha did what Sinb told her. She pressed the button and pointed the phone to the city. Soon as it started, it showed a pin with a number and the name of the place above it. She pressed the number one, Metro Garden, and there were two avatars popped up.  One with short hair carrying a yellow backpack and glasses on. It was her when they first met. The avatars also did a short conversation of theirs back then. Eunha can’t help but put a smile after she saw it.  Then, there was an arrow showed up. Eunha dragged the phone to the direction of the arrow and found number two on it. It was the place when they had their unofficial date for the first time. The AR went by with more places and memories. Happy tears slowly built up in her eyes with an occasional laugh as she remembered all the things she did with Sinb while the song kept playing in the background.

Eunha has almost reached the end when Sinb said, “Now, turn it on me.”

Eunha turned her body back and pointed it to Sinb who was a few steps back away from where she was. There was no pin or avatar popped up this time. Just Sinb with a frame and virtual flower that she pretended to hold in the middle. There was also a question with two options at the bottom of the screen:

Do you want to be my girlfriend?

If you like me, please say yes.

 

[YES]      [NO]

 

Eunha was surprised, she closed with her idle hand. As if a firework popped in her head, she didn’t know what to do. She was happy but also amazed by Sinb. It was too overwhelming. She only looked at Sinb who was patiently wait for her answer. She nodded after while saying yes and pressed the option ‘yes’ on the screen.

“CONGRATULATION! START FROM NOW YOU’RE MINE!”

Eunha flinched. The screen moved from Sinb to a big ‘CONGRATULATION’ with confetti and Sinb’s loud voice.  But she smiled after it and Sinb came closer to hug her.

“Thank you.”

“What for, stupid?” Eunha asked while putting a laugh at the end of the sentence.

“For accepting my feeling.”

“You’re so extra I have no choice.” She joked.

Sinb smiled.

“Cause you’re special, so I have to.”

***

Eunha told Yuju about what happened between her and Sinb. About her who seemed to still like Hana. It was painful for Eunha to have Sinb ignored her. And with the competition going on, Eunha was sure that her girlfriend would have no more time for her. It was like, their relationship was going down no matter from which angle they see it. She asked for Yuna’s advice whether she should just break up with her or what.  

Yuna saw the gloomy face of the smaller girl as if the happiness has completely out from her. But she could also see that she was still in love with Sinb no matter how difficult the situation was and that breaking up was not something she really wishes for. Therefore, Yuna said to Eunha to be patient and see how the situation will go at least after the competition is over before she decided to keep being with Sinb or not.

Yuna then took Eunha back to her house after that.  She offered her company to Eunha anytime she needed. She said the smaller girl just have to call her, and she will come. Two days went by and Eunha spent it mostly with Yuna. Sinb, as she said, she was busy and barely meet Eunha. She would answer her call sometimes but it was just for a very quick moment then she had to hang up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter