Ch 13

Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s the day of the competition for Sinb. Even though the competition started in the afternoon, the event started early in the morning she barely had a chance to do anything else but preparing the stuff she would bring to the venue. She kept forgetting to message Eunha about the missed call yesterday. Hana was there until quite late and then she was playing game for around 30 minutes before her body was too tired and lied on her bed. It wasn’t until around 11 pm that she opened her phone and found Eunha’s name on it. 5 missed call. Sinb didn’t notice there was any call because she put her phone in her room when Hana was visiting her.

She wanted to message Eunha to ask why she called her but it was late and she was afraid that her girlfriend might be asleep. So, she thought to do it in the morning. But unfortunately, she forgot to set her alarm to ring earlier than usual for the competition. She quickly washed her face, brushed her teeth and took a shower. She grabbed her bag and rushed to Coex.

The itinerary for that day was a quick briefing, grand opening, then the competition itself. There were 2 categories, solo and group with various genre. Each category and genre have different time table. Sinb was supposed to be only in the solo category for fighting game but then around 2 days before the competition started, her friend contacted her that they lack member for the fps (first-person shooters) game group cause suddenly one of their main members got sick and can’t attend. Fps is one of her specialty, but she was contemplating cause the schedule might crash. Her friend told her not to worry cause if the schedule crashed, they have substitutes that will replace her, of course it wouldn’t be a good choice for them cause the substitute is not as good as Sinb or the other members but it’s better than go with the substitutes for the whole competition. After thinking a lot, she decided to join the group.

The grand opening will last until 11.30 am before they have a lunch break. During all the event Sinb can’t bring anything to the venue except her name tag and phone. But the usage of the phone also limited. She can’t open her phone during the grand opening. Only for the beginning of the show. They also had to silence their phone so it won’t cause any nuisance. Meanwhile, when the competition started, they have to completely put their phone away because it was restricted. The grand opening itself was rather boring for her cause she was too excited for the real competition to start but nevertheless, she could meet her friend and see the other competitors.

Hana came during the break. She came right to Sinb when she saw her.

“Hey, so has it started?” asked Hana.

“Not yet. It’s lunch break now.”

They were both then went to eat around the venue. Sinb got a discount cause she brought her contestant ID. The solo fighting game battle started right after the lunch break is over. Sinb’s schedule for her solo is still at 2 because she came with invitation. But she felt like she needs to observe her competitor candidate so she rushed back to the main venue after eating. Before Sinb went back, she handed her phone to Hana.

“Oh, can I ask you for a favor?” She said. “I can’t bring my phone inside the competition room. Can you help me put this in the locker up there?” she asked Hana while handing her phone and tell Hana the locker combination.

Hana took Sinb’s phone and walked to the locker. She put the combination number and unlocked the locker soon as she arrived in front of Sinb’s designated locker. Right before she put it inside, she saw a voicemail notification from Eunha on the screen. She was curious and she tried to open it. The phone is locked. She needs to put a pin to unlocked it. She tried the same pin number as the locker password combination and it opened. She clicked the message and listened to what Eunha has to say. After done listening to Eunha’s message, she put the phone to the locker and left.

***

In the music class.

Umji was surprised to see Yuna entered the room. She thought that Yuna would skip again today. Yuna sat next to her right away. There were 15 minutes before the class started.

“I thought you won’t be here today.” Said Umji

“I said depends on Eunha’s condition.”

“So, she’s better now?”

“Yeah, I guess she’s quite okay now.”

Yuna picked her note and pencil case out of her bag and put it on the table in front of her. Umji kept looking at her.

“You really like her huh? Never seen you like this.”

Yuna turned her head towards Umji.

“I think so.”

“Why?”

Yuna took time to answer those questions.

“I mean you just know her.”

“Right, but sometimes it just comes to you, you know, the feeling.”

Not long after, the professor came. They were both focused on the class. There were several classes that day. But they didn’t talk much. Even during lunch Yuna only talked about the task they need to do and checking her phone every 5 minutes. Umji wanted to have a proper conversation with Yuna after class but the other girl went straight out to hospital after class.

‘You really have no time for me now.’ She thought.

***

It was 3 pm when Yuna came to the hospital and found Eunha was sleeping. She tried to not make any sound and slowly went to the chair beside Eunha’s bed near the window. She put her bag down and observed the other girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter