Ch 14

Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The second day passed perfectly for Sinb. She got to the next round for both fighting and fps game. The third day was the day when she got to compete for the final round in Japan. Hana always came to support Sinb at lunchtime. Sometimes she stayed until late. Sinb was glad that Hana came because she really felt like she need support and it seemed that Eunha can’t give it that time. Even though Sinb was quite sad with the fact, but she can never put herself to contact Eunha.

Sinb as an individual gamer has already confirmed to go to Japan for the next round. The group battle was the only one left for her to do. There were a few stages before Sinb’s group can be chosen as the winner for the next round. The first stage was quite easy for Sinb. She could blend with the team pretty well. There was barely any trouble. But then, when the competition continued after lunch, she felt uneasy. She didn’t even understand why. She can barely concentrate.

[Sinb, on your left. There is someone on your left.]

Sinb was not listening to what her teammate told her at all. She was still in her position holding a knife from her past combat with the enemy that she just killed and not yet change it with a gun. Luckily, the other guy on her left missed his shot, that made Sinb went back to her sense. She back off a few steps, quickly change her weapon but she could only manage to get a grenade when she intended to pull out a gun. She threw the grenade to the direction of her enemy. He managed to dodge it but thank god Sinb’s teammate came at the right time to finish the enemy before he can make another move and they went to the last stage.

“What happened back there? I was telling you there’s someone on your left.” said Changmin her friend that got her into his team. “We almost didn’t make it.” Added him.

“Sorry, I don’t know what happened to me too.” Said Sinb.

“We still have one stage left. Are you okay? Should I prepare someone else if you don’t feel good?”

“No, I’m fine.”

Sinb excuse herself to the bathroom after that. She stood in front of the sink and see her face in the mirror.

‘what happened to me?’ she thought.

She looked at herself for a while before she felt something heavy on her chest. She put her right hand on her left chest as if she wanted to grab the heaviness on it and put it away. But it was something inside, she can’t just pull it away so, she just rested her hand there. She washed her face in the hope that it will keep her awake and focus on the competition before she went back to the competition hall.

She did pretty well, even though something is still bothering her. She went back to her apartment right after the competition was finished. She put down her bag roughly and slammed her body on her bed. She felt so tired, she wanted to sleep but she still hasn’t packed for Japan tomorrow. Even though the flight would be in the afternoon but she needs to be at the airport around lunchtime. And she doesn’t like to be in rush, so she needed to at least finished half of it that night. But again, she can’t move her body from her bed. She stared blankly at the lamp above her. It was getting blinding. She was trying to block the light with her left hand, yet the light still came from between her fingers. She gave up and closed her eyes.

She suddenly missed Eunha.

***

*Bell ring*

Someone was in front of Eunha’s apartment.

Eunha just finished putting books inside a tote bag that she used as an extra bag cause her backpack is too small for all the books she borrowed from the library.  She needed to get it back after class. She walked to the door and check who was outside. She opened the door and found a girl with a bright smile greeted her.

“Oh you came, Yuna.” Said Eunha. “Come on in.” She let Yuna in.

“Not done preparing yet?” asked Yuna who came in and sat in the kitchen stool.

“Just a little bit more.” Said Eunha. “What time will your class started?”

“Same as yours I guess.”

“You guess? You need to make sure Yuna. I don’t want you to be late.”

Yuna smiled. She opened her phone and checked her schedule. She told Eunha that she was right. And thank her for caring. They both went to the Uni not long after. They were walking side by side. Eunha on the right side and Yuna on the other. While walking Yuna saw that the smaller girl seems to have a hard time carrying the tote bag on her right shoulder. She wanted to offer herself but she found Eunha so cute carrying all the stuff all by herself so she just watched her for a while. Smiling.

“What?” asked Eunha who noticed that Yuna was smiling while looking at her.

Yuna didn’t say anything. She smiled even wider to Eunha and take the tote bag from the smaller girl. She looked straight ahead and continue walking. Eunha was stunned in her place for a while she only looked at the taller girl when she took the bag from her and walked a few steps ahead of her. She realized Yuna was going further, she ran a little to catch her.

Eunha told Yuna that she didn’t need to do that and was trying to take the bag back from her but Yuna hold it so tight.

“You need to look forward when you walk.” Said Yuna right when there was someone from walking from the opposite direction and almost hit Eunha. But thank god Eunha were able to avoid that person before she hit the person's shoulder.

Knowing that Yuna won’t let her carry it, she gave up and let her do it until they arrived in front of Eunha’s building. Yuna handed the bag to Eunha and asked whether she wanted to go home together or not. But Eunha said she will be at the library until late and told Yuna not to wait for her and just go back. Yuna agreed and went to her campus after that.

Without her notice, Umji was waiting for her near the classroom.

“Why are you here?” asked Yuna.

“I was waiting for you.”

“You can just get in first.”

 “No, someone might seat beside me and I don’t like it.”

Yuna slightly nodded and ask Umji to get in with her.  They sat in the middle space in the class. There were already a lot of people inside the room.

“You look so happy. Something happened?” asked Umji.

Yuna tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter