Ch 16

Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“!” she shouted.

The driver, who’s a man probably in his 50s flinched. He looked at Sinb through the rearview and asked her if she was okay. Sinb didn’t say anything cause she didn’t understand and she didn’t want to talk to anybody at the moment. She kept looking outside the window. Her leg was bouncing nonstop.

Once she arrived at the hotel, she quickly grabbed money from her wallet and gave it to the driver. It was more than she had to pay. The driver tried to call her to give the change but she didn’t even look back when she got out of the car. She rushed to her room. She almost hit someone on the way. Her belonging was scattered everywhere in her room. She picked it up one by one and just put it in her bag without thinking.

She called a taxi again to take her to the airport. She ran to find the air company ticket booth. Some people were angry because Sinb pushed them as she ran, but she didn’t even look back.

“I need a ticket to Korea now.” Sinb said soon as she arrived in front of the ticket booth.

The woman didn’t understand what she was saying cause she spoke in Korean.

“Ticket. Korea. Now.” Sinb repeated what she wanted to say earlier in English word by word.

“The next flight to Korea only will depart at 5 pm and there are only a few seats left so the price is expensive.”

“I don’t care about the price just give me the ticket.” She insisted.

It was 4 pm when Sinb arrived at the airport, so she has to wait for another one hours before her flight departed. She was so anxious, she tried to call Eunha so many times. But there was no answer.

“Eunha, if you hear this message please call me back.” Said Sinb leaving a voicemail for Eunha.

‘Babe, please call me back.’ She thought. She opened her gallery where tons of Eunha’s pictures were still there along with their memories. Sinb has been avoiding her gallery for a while because she doesn’t want to remember about her, but right at that moment, she regretted she did that knowing that if she did open her gallery it could probably save their relationship. She began to cry. Her tears fell on the screen of her phone. She tried to wipe it but it kept coming and coming. Frustrated, she gave up and just crying even harder while strongly held her phone with her left hand and the other one on her forehead between her eyebrows.

Someone who sat beside her tried to ask if she’s okay, but Sinb ignored them. She didn’t want to talk to anybody, cause nobody will understand her situation. All that she needed that time was Eunha and only Eunha. She wanted her to say to her that everything is okay, that there’s nothing happened between them and that everything bad that happened was all in her dream.

‘Hwang eunbi, why are you so stupid. You should pick up her phone while she was still trying to reach you. Why are you so mean to her without listening to what she wanted to talk to you? Now look what you’ve done.’ She said to herself.  

***

 

Both Yuna and Eunha woke up late that day after watching the movie the night before. It was so fun that they think to spend the last day of the weekend by having another movie marathon. But before starting the movie marathon. They wanted to go out to eat and buy some snacks and drink to accompany them.

“Where have you been?” asked Yuna to Eunha who just arrived at the place where Yuna was waiting for her. They were already quite far from the restaurant where they ate their brunch when Eunha asked Yuna to wait for her there cause she just remembered there was a book she wanted to buy in the bookstore near the restaurant. Yuna wanted to go back with Eunha but she refused it saying that she won’t be long. Even so, it took more time than what Yuna was thinking about, so she began to worry. “I called you a few times.” Added Yuna.

“Sorry, I didn’t bring my phone. And even if I did, I might not hear you call too cause I put it on silent.” Answered Eunha who has not touched her phone since she set it on silent for the movie last night.

They continue their walk to a convenience store near Eunha’s place. They buy some chips and some bottles of cold drink.

“So, where should we start today?” asked Yuna talking about the movie.

“I don’t know. I guess anything is fine.”

“Okay, let’s watch horror first this time.”

***

Sinb had to buy a mask right before she went on board cause someone recognized her on the airport. She sat near the window on the back row. She put on her airpods. There was no music on. She didn’t feel like listening to one. She did It cause she didn’t want anyone to talk to her.

Two hours passed and she arrived at the airport. She tried to call Eunha again but still no answer.

She grabbed her suitcase soon as she saw it and rushed to Eunha’s place. She didn’t know what will Eunha do if she saw her in front of her apartment but she just hoped that the smaller girl would give her a chance to explain everything.

20:15

She arrived in front of Eunha’s door ready to press the bell with her suitcase right beside her and sweats running down her face. With still heavily breathing she pressed the doorbell.

“Oh, the delivery man is really fast. I just ordered it.” said Eunha thinking it was the jjajangmyeon she just ordered. She rushed to the front door and opened it. “You’re really…”

Eunha was beyond surprised after she found Sinb instead of the food delivery man. Her hair was half wet of sweats. And she saw the suitcase beside her ex-girlfriend, she wanted to ask where did she came from but, no, there was no need for her to ask that at the moment.

“Who is it?” asked Yuna who felt something weird cause Eunha suddenly stop talking. Eunha didn’t answer.

In fact, she was still stunned in her place cannot believing she saw Sinb right in front of her. Sinb who heard Yuna’s voice looking behind Eunha.

“What are you doing here?” asked Eunha.

Sinb got back from looking at inside the apartment to Eunha. It’s been a while since the last time she saw Eunha. She missed her so much, she wanted to caress her cheek. Her hand moved closer to Eunha’s cheek by reflex but the other girl flinched. Sinb realized the situation she pulled back her hand.

“Babe..” Sinb paused. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter