Drama And Variety Stuff

The Inside Joke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The PDs and writers of "School Life of The Teachers" were gathered for a meeting.
"What were our original intentions for characters Kim Soo Hee and Oh Chang Woo?" asked the main PD.

"They are listed as supporting characters. Initially, they didn't exist in the story at all.
However, we didn't want the love story between Lee Min Hye and Park Jun Ho to seem like a damsel in distress story, as it would turn Park Jun Ho into some hero who came into Lee Min Hye's life to save her from all her troubles.
That would be too cliched and viewers might get bored.
Kim Soo Hee was created for a few reasons. Firstly, positive portrayal of female friendships are important and makes characters more likeable. A Lee Min Hye who gets embarrassed by her loyal friend yelling at "bullies", yet still cherishes and cares for Kim Soo Hee, is much more dimensional a character compared to a cold Lee Min Hye with no friends until a love interest "saves" her.
Secondly, we wanted to show Park Jun Ho as someone who influences Lee Min Hye to be a better person, giving Min Hye more character development, and vice versa. Kim Soo Hee stands up for Lee Min Hye, but does not manage to help Min Hye stand up for herself. Park Jun Ho easily rubs off on Lee Min Hye, and she is seen scolding a student who is rude to her, showing how Park Jun Ho is a positive change in Lee Min Hye's life.
Likewise, we then created Oh Chang Woo as Park Jun Ho's best friend. Park Jun Ho is cold to most people except his loved ones and best friend, Oh Chang Woo. Lee Min Hye's kind-hearted and good nature influences Park Jun Ho to be friendlier towards others, something Oh Chang Woo is unable to do, despite being good friends with him.
When we had created Oh Chang Woo and Kim Soo Hee, we decided to make them comedic relief characters. The scenes in episode two when Soo Hee yells at Chang Woo is to let the audience understand how Soo Hee can sometimes be an embarrassing friend to have. When she bickers with Chang Woo during his physical education class, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter