Running Man Episode XXX

The Inside Joke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A grey van pulls up. Jae Suk gets out of the vehicle, with a surprised look.

"What's happening today?"

"Yoo Jae Suk, you are the first to arrive. The next person to arrive will be your partner."

"Ah... So it's like this today? Someone will be alone then? Or do we have a guest?"

Another vehicle pulls up. Haha gets out, looking just as confused as Jae Suk was.

"What..."

"Dong Hoon-ah! It's you and I today!"

"Really? What's going on today?"

"Haha-ssi, today you'll be paired up with Jae Suk as you are second to arrive. The first and second place is one team, the third and fourth is one team, and so on."

"So someone will be alone?" Haha said, an evil grin forming on his face.

"Yes, that's right."

"Yah! That could be Kook Jong!" Jae Suk said, in excitement.

The duo cheered and chanted childishly, anticipating his reaction to be the only person on his team.

A Car pulls up, and it is seen that the Easy brothers' arrival was cut, and they are a team again. Gary gets out of the car.

"It's Gary!!!" Everyone cheered, happy to see the odds of Jong Kook being on his own get larger.

"Hyung, if Ji Hyo comes now, you'll be paired up, and Jong Kook will be on his own."

"Seriously?? Daebak!"

A large car pulls up, and the members start chanting "Song Ji Hyo" over and over. She exits the car.

"Song Ji Hyo!!!!! Wait what?" The members stop mid-celebration.

The screen pans back to reveal Jong Kook exiting the car behind Ji Hyo.

(C: Mong Ji and Kookie are here... Together?)

"No, we came from the script reading..." Ji Hyo trails off, confused.

"What's this???" Gary says in frustration.

(C: The frustrated and jealous(?) Monday Boyfriend)

"So who's going to be on their own?" Suk Jin asked.

"So who's going to be paired up with me?" Gary asked.

"Well, at first, the last person to arrive would be on their own, but since they arrived at the same time, we have no choice but to pair them up together. So today it will be Jae Suk-Haha, the Easy Brothers, Jong Kook-Ji Hyo, and Gary," replied the PD.

All the people in pairs high-fived, while Gary started complaining.

"But I didn't arrive last! This is completely unfair!"

"Actually, we were hoping to see Ji Hyo arrive first because Gary wanted to team up with her and it would have been funny to see Jong Kook on his own for once...." Jae Suk voiced out, appearing sympathetic.

"See? Hyung, you agree don't you?"

"Yes, but since things have turned out this way, it's too bad." Jae Suk said, making Gary throw his cap down with an 'aish!'

"But what if I had come last? Does that mean I would have been alone?" Ji Hyo said.

"That would have been even funnier!" Kwang Soo teased, effectively getting himself a few kicks from Ji Hyo.

"Ji Hyo-ah, next time, don't just go into cars with other men!" Gary said, acting hurt.

"This is my car though?" Ji Hyo retorted, making the others laugh.

"Also Hyung, are you betraying me?" Gary said to Jong Kook.

"Yah... These two must have been up to no good!" Kwang Soo said, adding fuel to the fire.

"What are you saying??"

"Excuse me??" Round Two of Kwang Soo's "torture" soon began, by Jong Kook feat. Ji Hyo.

(C: Kookie and Mong Ji outburst)

"And is no one afraid about them getting paired up? We're screwed!" Gary declared. This flipped a switch in all of the members minds, and soon everyone started protesting, leaving Jong Kook and Ji Hyo in side-splitting laughter.

"Yah! If you want to pair them up, get us wrestlers as partners!" Jae Suk started.

"I'm not ready for this!" Haha added.

"If I get any permanent damage from this episode, I'm suing!!" Kwang Soo declared.

(C:...don't you all think you're overreacting?)

(Speech Bubble above JH and JK:... Are we really that scary?)

"Get in your respective cars, Everyone. You'll receive further instructions from there." The PD said, refusing to change his stand.

"Aish! Today better not be strength based." Haha groaned entering the car.

"Even if it's not strength-based, it could be skill-based. No matter what, we're still dead." Jae Suk said in resignation.

"Wait! I know what won't be to their advantage. Ball. Games." Haha exclaimed, looking like he had just discovered the solution to world peace. Jae Suk looked just as happy as he high-fived him.

"We've got it! Let's play all the ball games today! Bring out all the tennis, basketball, soccer..." Jae Suk listed enthusiastically.

(C: In the Easy Brothers' car, however...)

(C: Silence. . .)

"We've got no hope today, do we Hyung?"

"Nope."

(C: Dread. . .)

"So... we'll just try to be funny?"

"Yeap."

(C: And Gary...?)

*slams head on steering wheel* "What is this today..."

(C: And then the confident and energetic Mong Ji and Kookie car)

"Let's go!"

"Woo!"

"Today, let's seriously win Oppa. Give them a reason to be scared."

"What do you think today will be though? What if it ends up to be a horror special, or a surprise individual race?"

"That's the thing. It seems str

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter