On Drama And Variety Sets

The Inside Joke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Cast of "School Life of The Teachers" arrived for the first script reading, greeting the staff politely. Ji Hyo gestured to Jong Kook to sit next to herself and Yeo Jin, who waved politely to him.

As the rest of the cast and staff settled down, the main PD stood up. "Good Morning Everyone! Welcome to the first script reading of "School Life of The Teachers" Episode 1. I'll first introduce our cast. Choi Yeo Jin will be playing Lee Min Hye, Music teacher of Anyang High School. She falls in love with the newly appointed Principal, Park Jun Ho. He will be played by Jang Hyuk. We also have Song Ji Hyo playing Kim Soo Hee, Art teacher. She is best friends with Min Hye. Kim Jong Kook will be playing Oh Chang Woo, the new Discipline Master."

Everyone stood up, the staff clapping and the cast bowing. "Yes, hopefully we'll do well and get good ratings. We must remember to stay strong and power through, as there may be crazy filming schedules and script changes. Let's create a work of art!"

And with that, the first script reading commenced. From the reading, everyone could tell it was an going to be an interesting story enhanced by dynamic characters.

Yeo Jin's character, Min Hye, was kind and gentle with the students. She was mostly well-liked but easily bullied, especially by rude, disrespectful students, and jealous colleagues, some of which played pranks on her.

Ji Hyo's character, Soo Hee, occasionally stood up for Min Hye as she was her best friend, if she saw any students being rude to her, or caught any teachers trying to sabotage her. Soo Hee was an amiable teacher but gave off a vibe that you should not mess with her. Out of embarrassment, Min Hye tried to hide some of the troubles she faced from Soo Hee as she did not want people to hate the both of them even more. The episode ended with the arrival of the new Principal and Discipline Master.

Like most Korean Miniseries and special production dramas, filming begins only a month or two in advance of their premieres.

This head start allows dramas to have a few episodes shot before the episodes are aired, but the demands of production can catch up mighty quickly after that, and soon shows will be filming episodes the week they air. This is to allow changes in the drama's direction based on ratings and viewers' feedback. Until a drama ends, no one knows for sure what will happen.

The reading concluded, with words of praise offered to the writers and encouragement given to continue providing wonderful scripts.

"This script seems interesting! What do you think, Oppa?" Ji Hyo said to Jong Kook.

"I like it! Hopefully I'll know more about my character soon. Come over here." Jong Kook whipped his phone out and they naturally posed for a selfie, holding their scripts. They took pictures together rather often, so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter