Guest: Choi Yeo Jin

The Inside Joke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Running Man cast enters a classroom setting one by one, dressed as school teachers holding books of different subjects, excluding Ji Hyo.

"Ah, so it's a teacher concept today?" Jae Suk asks looking at his books. "I'm a Korean teacher? I thought I was a cleaner!" He continues joking.

"And i'm a math teacher! I thought I was supposed to be a rich businessman?" Suk Jin says walking in after Jae Suk.

(C: Too caught up in your 5 minute long cameos, huh?)

"So today is based on Kook Jong and Ji Hyo's drama?" Jae Suk continued asking.

"Yes. Today's episode concept is based off the drama 'School Life of The Teachers'." Replied the PD.

"Ah! So does that mean Jong Kook Hyung and Ji Hyo Noona are going to kiss?" Kwang Soo (carrying foreign languages books) framed while walking in with Gary (carrying moral education books).

"Hey! Stop reminding us, I'm still trying to erase that scene from my mind!" Gary said in a "scarred" voice.

(C: Traumatized Monday Boyfriend)

"That scene wasn't filmed on a Monday, Gary. Tech-" Jae Suk started to say before being interupted.

"Yah! Lee Kwang Soo! What did I warn you not to do!"

(C: Mong... Ji?)

Ji Hyo ran in to pull Kwang Soo in a headlock. Just then, Jong Kook (wearing a whistle around his neck) walked in and got confused seeing Kwang Soo getting attacked by Ji Hyo.

"What's happeni-"

And if the sequencing of things weren't perplexing enough, Haha (carrying science books) arrived and jumped through the door. He immediately pointed his finger accusingly like an elementary-school kid.

"These two kissed~ They made out~"

(C: Aigoo... Why is the school teacher acting like a child...)

Jong Kook swirled his tongue on his cheek in annoyance while Ji Hyo's cheeks turned a shade of pink.

(C: Target of abuse changes)

"Yah!"

"Ha Dong Hoon, what did you just say?"

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook chased after Haha, who ran off in fear.

(C: A scene you don't see everyday- A science teacher getting hunted down by an art teacher and physical education teacher)

(C: Welcome to Running Man~)

"Ok, ok. Will all the members excluding Song Ji Hyo return to the classroom please? Song Ji Hyo-ssi, you are not supposed to be in the classroom right now. Please go back to where you were at before."

Jong Kook and a slightly messed up looking Haha returned to the classroom.

"So if Ji Hyo's not supposed to be here right now, she's a team leader?" Jae Suk deduced.

"Technically. If you look outside this classroom, the next classroom has two doors."

All of the members exited the class to take a closer look. There were two doors, one labelled "A" and one labelled "B".

"Stand behind any of the two doors to decide which school department you will join."

"Which door is Ji Hyo Noona not behind?"

"Just choose a door."

(C: Ignored...)

Behind Door A stood Jong Kook, followed by Kwang Soo and Suk Jin. Behind Door B stood Jae Suk, followed by Haha and Gary.

"Song Ji Hyo, please open your door."

All the members had their eyes shut, some looking like they were praying the door in front of them would not open.

(C: Do you not want to be in her team that much? Aish...)

Door A opened, and so did everyone's eyes. Jong Kook was surprised.

"It's you?" He asked.

Haha and Jae Suk "cheered" at not having to be part of Ji Hyo's team, while Kwang Soo started chanting.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss- ow!" Kwang Soo got "punished" by Jong Kook and Ji Hyo, and pretended to be in agony.

"Save me! Umma! I'm being bullied by the teacher couple again!"

(C: You kind of deserved it though...- Kwang Soo's Mom)

"Settle down, everyone. Can the person behind Door B please open up?"

Yeo Jin opened the door and stepped out. "Hi!"

"It's Yeo Jin!"

All the "B" door members celebrated by holding hands and dancing in a circle around Yeo Jin, who laughed her head off at the ridiculousness of it all. Meanwhile, a tense-looking Kwang Soo was slowly being glared at to death by Jong Kook and Ji Hyo on either side of him.

(C: A very different atmosphere in both departments...)

Both teams stand side by side as they receive instructions.

"Today, the Art and Music departments are racing for control over the school while the Principal is away, by fighting over dominance of other school departments."

"And how do we get hold of these departments?" Ji Hyo asked.

"You will find that out later. First, get into your separate cars and go to the first mission site."

The two teams went to their cars, the Art Department was to take the white car while the Music Department was to take the black car. They were parked under flower trees that had blossomed, so some flowers had fallen on the cars. Some of the members' mouths widened in awe at the sight.

(C: Wow~ the cars look beautiful!)

"Is this Jong Kook Hyung and Ji Hyo's wedding car?" Haha teased.

He shut up the moment they shot him a death glare.

Both teams got into their cars and set off. Most of the white car's journey was not aired as there was some strange tension and mostly silence. But Suk Jin and Kwang Soo were unable to put their finger on what was going on between them.

-

(The Inside Joke Group Chat)

Kwang Soo: Guys...

Haha: What? Jae Suk's driving. I'm in the back seat with Gary.

Gary: What's up?

Suk Jin: We're in the back seat. Jong Kook's driving. No one's saying a word...

Kwang Soo: Do you think we went too far just now?

Haha: I don't know... I'm feeling slightly bad right now so maybe we should just stop the teasing for a bit?

-

Everyone parked and arrived at the first mission location, which was a large empty field.

"Welcome to your first mission. The Sports Department has deserted the field, so now the Art and Music Department must compete to gain control over it."

"Isn't the Sports Department my department?" Jong Kook asked.

"We kicked you out, Oppa." Yeo Jin piped up, causing laughter to erupt among the cast.

(C: So the Art department took in the Sports department out of pity~)

"Anyway, this is how you will gain control of the Sports department. You must complete the relay race within the time limit of one minute first to win. Each Department with have to hold on to a baton without dropping it throughout or you fail. The Art department will have to hold on to a paint brush, while the Music department holds a flute. The paint brush and flute will be the same size, so there is no need to complain."

"Eh... Why would we complain..." Kwang Soo dismissed.

(C: Mmhmm.... Sure...)

"So the first runner must do 5 elephant spins before tossing the baton to the second player. They must then run towards the second player, and get piggybacked by the second player. The second player will then piggyback the first player all the way to the three-legged third and fourth player to pass them the baton. The third and fourth player will then run to the finish line. The Art and Music department heads will play rock-paper-scissors to decided who goes first."

Ji Hyo won, getting her department the chance to go first.

"We'll get it in one try!" Kwang Soo declared.

Ji Hyo was decided as the first player and Jong Kook was decided as the second. Ji Hyo seemed nervous about having to do the elephant spins, so Jong Kook cheered her on.

"Ji Hyo-ah, don't worry, you can do it!"

"Ne, Oppa! I'm starting!" She did the five elephant spins, stood up, and tossed the paint brush to Jong Kook. Although her pitching direction was rather off, he still managed to catch it. She then adorably ran towards Jong Kook in a slightly messed up direction, making him and the others laugh. She still managed to get to him, and jumped on his back immediately with a smile. He grabbed onto her legs tightly and started running.

(C: Kookie rocket takes off~ Oh?)

Jong Kook tripped over a stone on the field, causing him to fall, with Ji Hyo landing on top of him.

(C: Unfortunately, Fail!)

"Ah... We lost..." Kwang Soo said exasperatedly.

(Deleted Scene:

Ji Hyo got off of Jong Kook's back in a flash, worried her weight might have caused him pain.

"Oppa! Are you injured?" She helped him up into a sitting position and began massaging his back and legs, like the thought of him getting hurt physically pained her too.

"Ji Hyo-yah, Oppa's fine, don't worry, you didn't do anything. It was just a rock." He stood up and pulled her up.

"You're really alright?" She stared at him, her eyes glinted with concern.

"Mm."

They walked away holding hands whilst the other team got ready for their turn.)

For the other team, Yeo Jin was the first runner while Gary was the second runner.

"I'm starting!" Yeo Jin declared, doing her five elephant spins. She finished and threw the flute at Gary, but his hand slipped and the flute fell to the ground.

(C: Fail...)

"Yah! Change the second runner!" Haha yelled in protest.

"But it's our turn!" Kwang Soo said to stop the other team from getting two turns in a row.

(C: But you're not ready either...?)

"Since the Music department wants to make a change in player sequence and the Art department is still not ready because of Ji Suk Jin and Lee Kwang Soo, the department that gets ready first will get a go."

The Easy Brothers and The Two Kids rushed to tie the bandana around their ankles, whilst being rushed by their members. Gary and Haha emerged victorious, giving the Music department another go.

"It's ok! We'll have more time to train." Jong Kook reassured. Kwang Soo sighed exaggeratedly.

(C: And the torture of the Easy Brothers continue...)

"Guys! Let's get it this time!" Yeo Jin cheered for her teammates. "I'm going!" Yeo Jin spun five times and tossed the flute to Jae Suk, who caught it. Yeo Jin then dizzily "ran" towards Jae Suk, who successfully piggybacked her. He then ran towards Gary and Haha, and passed them the flute. They walked somehow uncoordinatedly to the finish line, and the PD stopped the timer.

"They failed they failed, Haha and Gary were too slow," Suk Jin pleaded.

"Music department, your timing is..." The PD dragged.

"Can you hurry up? We're dying here!" Haha begged.

"It's exactly one minute-"

"Really?!" The Music department was about to celebrate.

"Wait, you didn't let me finish! It's a minute and 7 seconds."

"Ahhh...." The Music Department dejectedly walked away to make space for the Art Department.

(C: Depressed...)

The Art Department excitedly pumped themselves up.

"Remember what we practiced!" Jong Kook told the Easy Brothers.

"Don't fall down!" Suk Jin told Jong Kook.

"Noona!" Kwang Soo called out to Ji Hyo when she was about to start spinning.

"What!"

"Erm... Just keep doing what you were doing?"

Ji Hyo loosened up and laughed. "I'm starting now!"

Ji Hyo did five spins and tossed the brush to Jong Kook, with slightly better aim than before. She tried to run in a straighter line towards him, though it still ended up being a rather slanted path, but she managed to jump on. Jong Kook ran towards the Easy Brothers with a determined look on his face.

(C: At the speed of light~)

He passed the baton to the Easy Brothers who ran so efficiently they appeared to be one person.

(C: Coach Kookie's training really works wonders...)

The PD stopped the timer.

"Did we succeed?" Jong Kook and Ji Hyo asked at the same time.

"Kim Jong Kook, you can put Song Ji Hyo down now."

Ji Hyo got off Jong Kook's bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter