Final

The Inside Joke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Running Men members entered in military-style fashion. Some of them strutted in proudly, finding the uniforms rather stylish.

"Why are we dressed like this today? Are we being recruited?" Jae Suk asked, looking at the rest of the members.

"Do we have to shave our heads?" Kwang Soo reacted dramatically, grabbing his hair protectively.

"Where's Ji Hyo?" Jong Kook asked. Ji Hyo was no where to be seen. "Is she the main character today?"

"Why are you always looking for her?" Jae Suk teased. All the other members joined in as well, and called out variations of "Ji Hyo! Your boyfriend misses you!"

(C: Aigoo~ Our childish yet loving members...)

"I heard we have guests today?" Haha asked, when the ruckus finally died down.

(C: They're here!)

Yong Hwa, Nickhun, Minho, and Daesung walked in dressed in military fashion too. The members were happy to see the boys, but some of them groaned.

"Ah... I thought I looked cool today until they walked in!" Gary "complained", making the others laugh.

"Gary-yah, don't worry! There's still Daesung!" Jae Suk teased. This earned him a 'yah!' from the idol, and they got into a playful poke war.

(C: Tweet~~~~~~~~)

The unorganized chaos that was the members and idols got interrupted by a high-pitched whistle. The men all stopped and looked at the source- a pillar.

(C: What was that?)

Ji Hyo adorably jumped out from behind the pillar dressed fashionably in a military suit and cap, whistle between her lips.

(C: It's Mong Ji!)

She marched up to the men with an authoritative stride, continuously blowing on the whistle to spite them; until Kwang Soo tried to snatch it away, only to be given a few kicks.

"Everyone! Line up in two rows right now!" Ji Hyo commanded happily with a cheeky grin, watching everyone comply with a confused expression.

(C: Blank...)

"Ji Hyo, what's your role today?" Suk Jin asked.

"Today, the theme is 'I want to join the Song Army'. Song Ji Hyo is the General of Song Nations' Army, and you will all compete to get a position. At the end of each selection round, only members who qualify General Song Ji Hyo's standards will be exempted from the next round." The PD spoke up.

"So is it possible for all of us to win?"

"Yes, but it's a very small one."

"So basically only people who Song Ji Hyo likes qualify?"

"It is not that simple. You will find out more in the first mission."

The men all desperately tried to up to Ji Hyo, still fearing that Ji Hyo would play a big part in the selection.

"Noona, are you thirsty?"

"Get water here please!"

"She might be hungry too, get food!"

"General Song, do you need a car to take you there?"

(C: Guys... The mission site is 50m away...)

Ji Hyo laughed at how she was being treated, but stopped mid-chuckle as two strong arms lifted her up, and ran all the way to the mission site. Ji Hyo giggled at how ridiculous her boyfriend was being, and how the others protested as they chased after them.

"Hey! Don't steal the General!"

"This is unfair, the selection will be biased!"

Eventually, everyone calmed down and instructions could be given.

"The first selection round is brick smashing. This is to test your strength. However, it is not as simple as breaking the most bricks to qualify. Take a look at the spinning wheel."

The members all turned to the spinning wheel divided into three-

More bricks broken than General Song,

Same amount of bricks broken as General Song,

Less bricks broken than General Song.

"So Ji Hyo has to smash the bricks first?"

"Yes. Ten bricks have been prepared for each of you, including General Song. Song Ji Hyo, please break any number of bricks you want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter