Addicted

The Inside Joke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"School Life of The Teachers" Episode 9 (Cameo by Haha)

Soo Hee was excited to see Chang Woo again when she was at school after their date. However, she received a piece of news that made her shiver.

"Soo Hee-ah, it's... Lee Dong Man-nim. He is here to check on his investment and wants to see you..."

Anyang High was an autonomous school. They had more freedom than some other government-run schools, but it meant that they received less government funds. Lee Dong Man was one of Anyang High's main investors, and he had a special interest in Soo Hee. If Dong Man were to pull his investment, Anyang High would have to make many budget cuts, and this included termination of the employment of many staff members.

"Ah, Lee Dong Man-nim! You're here again!" Soo Hee greeted as enthusiastically as she could. She hated the man, and wished she had never bumped into him...

(5 years ago, Anyang High School)

Anyang High was still a small school with few students then, and Soo Hee was a new teacher. Anyang High was trying to appeal to investors so the school could expand, but no investors were willing to put in a large sum of money.

One day, Soo Hee accidentally bumped into the Principal trying to convince a rich investor, Lee Dong Man, to invest in the school. He seemed mostly uninterested, at first.

"Oh! Sorry Principal! Sorry sir!" She bowed deeply, afraid she had offended the man. Quite the contrary, actually.

"It's alright, sweetheart. Principal, you did not tell me Anyang High School employed such exemplary staff! Who is this young lady?"

The Principal and Soo Hee looked rather shocked.

"This...? This is our new Art teacher, Kim Soo Hee-"

"Really! She seems to be a great teacher already, I can tell! I think I'd be able to make a better decision on whether to invest in this school if I was allowed to speak with the teachers who will be nurturing the students. Can I start with Soo Hee here?"

The Principal had no choice but to agree. He signaled to Soo Hee to impress the man.

"Sir, we promise you that Anyang High School will do it's best to bring our students to great-"

"Ok, it's Soo Hee right?"

"...yes it is-"

"Soo Hee, how old are you?"

"Me? I'm... 21..."

"Ah... What a beautiful young lady... Are you single?"

"Is that a necessary question?"

"Well, having a significant other might affect your focus to teach, wouldn't it?"

"I'm single..."

Soo Hee felt mostly uncomfortable when talking to the man, but she later found out the school got the investment. Since then, he would drop by every year to "consider renewing his investment" and ask to see her.

 


"So who's this Lee Dong Man guy? Why does he like Soo Hee so much?"

"I don't know, she told me they met the first time when he came to the school 5 years ago. He decided to invest after meeting Soo Hee." Min Hye said bitterly, stirring her coffee.

"So he's interested in her?"

"I think, but he never makes a proper move. I told the previous Principal to get better investors but Soo Hee always said it was fine. He asks to see her every year to 'consider renewing his investment', I seriously consider punching him every year..."

"Wow... I'll try to get some new long term investments in, ok? I don't want that guy to make Soo Hee uncomfortable either."

"Thanks Oppa, but now the main plan is to make sure Chang Woo Oppa doesn't find out. Soo Hee doesn't want him to know, and Chang Woo might just beat up the guy if he knew."

Chang Woo had been looking for Soo Hee, but Min Hye and Jun Ho told him she was busy, even inviting him for lunch to 'cajole' him.

"What's Soo Hee doing that's so important? She didn't tell me anything... But, well, I'm still not her boyfriend yet..."

"You still haven't asked her to be your girlfriend?"

"Yeah, he still hasn't, Soo Hee didn't tell me you two were going out seriously, I just know she loved the date."

"She did?" Chang Woo smiled.

Back at the school, Dong Man revealed something to Soo Hee.

"I just got my divorce finalized yesterday!"

"Oh, is that true Lee Dong Man-nim?"

"Soo Hee-ah, call me Oppa please, aren't we close?"

"Oh, erm, yes Oppa." Soo Hee felt uncomfortable the moment she heard about the divorce. This was not going good.

"I've wanted to ask you something for a long time, but couldn't until now. I think we really have this spark between us. Will you go out on a date with me?"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter