Part 8

Love Yourself // (Male!OC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A year later)

(Gyuhan P.O. V)

 

“Okay class that’s a wrap for today, please do the study for the upcoming exams on art history and then I will see you again Monday," Mr. Botha said and dismissed the class, I packed up my things and walked to the front of the class.

 

“Ah, Mr. Choi how are doing?” He asked me

 

“I’m doing well Sir, I just came to turn in my submission for the gallery event,” I said handing him the file with drawings in.

 

“have you decided which one you would like to paint for your mural at the art square?”

 

“hmm I was thinking about this,” I said flipping to a drawing I was most proud of.

 

“are these your friends from back home?” he asked

 

“Yes… we took a photo when they took me on a surprise vacation to Busan, we went to chase the Sunrise, this is a precious memory for me… they taught me not to give up and to chase my dreams, they loved me when I couldn't love myself,"

 

“well with that message how can I deny such a beautiful submission, Meet me at the art square tomorrow and bring some old clothes," he said with a big smile.

 

After that I left the classroom and headed over to my dorm I shared with one of the Music majors in this school.

 

“Yo bruh you're back eh?” he said as I walked in.

 

“yeah, I gave in the submission” I said smiling as I took a seat on my bed

 

“you mean the one you spent days working on?”

 

“yeah Kevin that one, he said he liked it and it got a spot in the art quarters, I have to start painting tomorrow,"

 

“oh good luck with that, are you going to invite them? For the gala? I mean this is something dedicated to them,"

 

“I don't know, they are all probably so busy now, back home it's vacation time for the universities, some of them are working part time and others went home to spend time with their families," I explained to him

 

“you know Han, I think they would appreciate it even if they can't come,"

 

“I'm really not sure,"

 

“it's up to you then but keep it in mind," he said smiling

 

“now if you excuse me I have a music club meeting,"

 

“enjoy it, I'm going to work on my assignments and study,"

 

“oof so boring, why don't you get fresh air or something?”

 

“I could get lost like last time,"

 

“you made a fair point” he said and laughed then left.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆

[THE NEXT DAY]

 

I woke up early and got ready, I decided on wearing my painting clothes, something that can get dirty.

 

I took my backpack along with my phone and whatever else I will need for the day and headed out. The art quarters is still a new thing, it hasn’t been officially opened yet that is what the Gala was for, we give in submissions and if our submission is good enough, we get a spot on the wall, we paint a mural of our submission, each year’s students get the opportunity to do this.

 

Only a few students are picked during the year based on their progress that has been made and then you have to give in a final sketch before getting your okay, I got my okay yesterday after working on this for 5 months I think I finally know what I want to do with it.

 

When I arrived at the spot, I saw our art professor helping out students, I walked over to him and as soon as he spotted me he smiled happily.

 

“Han you’re here, come on let me show you to your spot” he said with a big smile, I followed him to the spot and I was quite surprised, it was a big blank wall, it was actually slightly bigger than most.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter