Part 10

Love Yourself // (Male!OC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Day of the gala)

 

“I'm really nervous Kevin, I wish they could've come? maybe I would be less nervous then," I said looking at my hands that are folded in my lap.

 

My hyungs couldn't make it, Something about no flights being available to fly out to SA. At first I thought I would be fine but clearly I was wrong, I need my friends… I need Jin hyung.

 

“you are going to do great bud! Don't worry so much, all you are going to do is explain what this painting means to you, explain why you chose this specific memory,”

 

“I hope this goes well,” I mumbled

 

“Abi and I will be rooting for you from the crowd, and your friends are thinking of you, so don't worry just do it like you practiced okay?”

 

“okay thanks Kev,”

 

“no problem bud,”

 

“okay boys now that all the mushy things is over let's go? My girlfriend is waiting for me” Abi said and laughed. Abi recently started dating this really nice Matric*** girl, her name is Nadine.

 

“is she with Karlie?” Kevin asked excitedly, he has a crush on Nadine’s older sister, and is planning on asking her out soon.

 

“yes so let's get going slow pokes,”  

 

We headed down to the campus and went to the art quarter where everything is taking place, they had decorated it with little fairy lights and plants.

 

“wah they sure did fix this place up,” Kevin said.

 

“they really did, but look at all the talent on the walls,” Abi said happily while admiring the art.

 

Soon enough the event started I stood with the participants as the director gave the opening speech, once the speech was done we started with the art, we walked from art piece to art piece each introducing themselves and explaining the reason and meaning behind behind their art.

 

When it was finally, my turn I nervously went to the front.

 

“Hello, I'm Choi Gyuhan, I came here a bit over a year ago, at that time I was going through a hard time, while I was still at my old school I made some friends, As I said I was struggling with something, those were losing my passion for art and struggling to do anything art related, but my friend helped me, when I told them I was going to study here they told me we should make some great memories before I left,”

 

“this painting is one of those memories, I attend school in Seoul, the day after I told them they came to my room before the sun has even come up and told me to get ready. We went to this beautiful place called Busan, this memory was of that day… this is where I decided not to give up anymore because I had these 7 amazing friends who gave me their endless support,”

 

“they taught me that the things that happened that made me want to give up wasn't my fault and they taught me to love myself… but until I could they loved me,”

 

“this is a painting I did with hope for in the future that we can be together and inspire others exactly like they inspired me,”

 

When I was done, the crowd applauded, and I saw some even crying., as I looked through the crowd I saw Abi and Kevin along with the other two girls, I kept looking and froze when I saw 7 familiar faces, my jaw dropped, when they all flashed me a big smile.

 

I forgot that I was at the event and ran pushing my way through the crowd until I made it to them

 

“y-you said you weren't coming,” I said as tears threatened to fall.

 

“we wanted to surprise you,” Yoongi said with a gummy smile

 

“did you really think we will miss this?” Namjoon said

 

“I really thought you won't be here,” I said my tears now freely falling.

 

“we came because we are so proud of you!” Hoseok said

 

“g-guys,”  I hiccuped

 

“he is crying,” Jimin said and hugged me, our little hug became a group hug.

 

“And welcome to these amazing people all the way from Seoul, who didn't let this wonderful artist give up,” Mr Botha said happily.

 

We broke he hug but Jin pulled me back into a hug and then pulled back and whipped my t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter