Eleven: Consolation and Betrayal

Where Should I Go? [UPDATING AGAIN!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HIIIII LOvelIEESSSSS This chapter is a bit longer than my usual updates! I feel like the story sort of lost a few readers because I took so long to update! But I still have so much fun writing this story and have some juicy ideas! I'll keep writing as long as even one person wants to read it! :) There's a poll below for some feedback!

STAY HOME, STAY SAFE, SOCIAL DISTANCE! :0

{Possibly some curse words below. Discretion is advised.}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was the last day before spring break starts and students were done with classes but going crazy with submissions while also getting new amounts of work dumped on them by professors. Yenna was glad that she and Jimin had finished that accounting project earlier on. After she submitted her last assignment that was due before the break she leaned back in her chair and let out a sigh of relief. 

Even though she had done her work, something was bothering her. Usually, for any breaks during the semester, the six of them always opted to stay on campus rather than going home to their families because this was the only time they got to spend together with less work, but this time the atmosphere was too awkward. Yenna made a decision for all of them: she was going to fix it and they were going to have an awesome break, together! They were all staying here anyway since they would still have work to do as well.

Yenna took out her phone and sent a message to their group chat (called "Jungkook is a poop" that Ari had renamed to tease Jungkook and no one bothered to change it, they barely used the chat now anyway).

[Yenna: Guys, meet me at the Cafe today at 5 PM. It's urgent! Let me know if you'll be there]

Jimin was the first to respond and the rest of them also texted back within the next 20 minutes.

[Jimin: Ari and I will be there]

[Ari: *thumbs up*]

[Jungkook: I'll be there too!]

[Rena; ok, got it :)]

Yenna hoped that this would go as well as she wanted, it was already 4.30 now and since she was done she started to walk from the library to the Rose Garden Cafe and decided to just wait there.

Around 4.45, someone had sat in front of Rena, making her look up from her phone for the first time in 10 straight minutes. It was Jungkook.

"Oh, hey! You're early," beamed Yenna.

"Yeah, I've been sort of bored lately," Jungkook chuckled as he fixed his beanie.

"What about your girlfriend?" Yenna playfully raised her eyebrows and smirked.

"Actually, she's been really busy lately so I haven't seen her much. She uh-" he hesitates.

"It's okay, you can tell me, I won't tell the others if you like," Yenna said genuinely.

"Well, it's just that whenever I do see her its sort of just gotten mainly, physical," he blushes slightly. 

"Oh, well, maybe it's because she's busy so she can't see you often," Yenna suggested. 

"Yeah, maybe."

"Anyway, why did you want us all to meet anyway? You said it was urgent."

"Well, spring break is coming and you and Rena aren't speaking to Jimin and Ari, I just want everyone to sort of move past it now. It's been a while since the incident and we won't ever get over it if we just ignore each other. I mean the group chat name is still 'Jungkook is a poop' its been that long."

"Oh my gosh, I didn't even remember the group name till I saw it today" Jungkook rolled his eyes but he was smiling. "But yeah, I guess you're right. I've been so bored and lonely since we stopped hanging out," he said.

"I get why Rena isn't talking to them, but why aren't you? What happened?"

"I don't know I just guess I didn't want Rena to feel left out and even though I'm trying to talk to them, it just seemed less awkward to just not."

"Are you sure that's it?" Yenna asked.

"Yeah, I think so" Jungkook scratched the back of his neck and Yenna decided not to inquire further.

After a few minutes past 5 PM, Ari and Jimin walked in holding hands. 

"Hey guys, sorry we're a little late" smiled Ari while Jimin did a small wave.

"Rena isn't here yet?" asked Jimin. 

"No, but it's only been 5 minutes past 5 PM," responded Yenna.

"SO how have you guys been?" asked Yenna.

"We've been good~," said Ari and Jimin smiled at her. 

An idiot could tell how much he was in love with her. The four of them made some conversation as they waited for Rena. Five more minutes passed until she rushed in and spotted their table.

"Sorry guys, I got stuck at work! Someone broke a few glasses and it was a whole thing," she gasped.

"It's okay don't worry about it," said Ari. Rena replied with a smile.

"So, guys we all know that spring break is coming and the atmosphere between us hasn't been so great, now, I understand why some of you may not agree to this, but I really think we should try and start being like we normally used to. I miss you guys and I know each of you well enough to know that you miss each other too! I just want all of us to have a good break, together." Yenna stated.

There was a silence at their table for a minute after Yenna had finished.

Rena was the one to break it, "You're right, Yenna. I've been miserable without you all, especially you Ari. You're like a sister to me and I've missed you. And Jimin I'm sorry that I acted that way, you both have every right to be together if you want to be and I should've been a better and more supportive friend about it."

Ari responded, "Don't be sorry, Rena. It was my fault too. I knew how you felt about Jimin, but I decided to kiss him and then date him anyway. I'm the terrible friend here, I just hope you could forgive me."

"Of course, and I hope you'll accept my apology too and you're not a terrible friend, dummy" Rena smiled and reached out her hand. Ari reached out to hold it and they both gave each other a reassuring squeeze. 

"Rena, I'm sorry to both you and Jungkook, I got inappropriately mad at both of you for interfering that day at the mixer. It's just that I've liked Ari for a long time and was always too afraid to act on my feelings and on the day of the mixer it just felt right, so I got too upset when things came crashing down. I should've reacted better," Jimin declared. 

Ari hugged his arm as he said it and smiled up at him. He looked at her and gave her a wry smile as he placed his hand on her knee. Rena nodded at him in understanding.

"I could've reacted better too. I acted in an irrational way and chose to pick a side when I didn't need to. And Ari I already started off the semester roughly for us anyway. I'm going to try and be better," responded Jungkook. 

Ari and Jimin both smiled and signaled to him that it was okay.

"So, are we all good?" asked Yenna.

"Yeah, Freud," Ari rolled her eyes. Everyone laughed and agreed with Ari.

"Great! And now we can all tease the new couple together," Yenna said with a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Ooh," said Rena.

"I didn't even think about that," said Jungkook as he grinned.

"Heyy," groaned Jimin.

"Don't worry babe I can take these losers," Ari stuck her tongue out at them playfully.

"Oh, we'll see Ari Kim," smirked Jungkook.

"Oh, yes we will Mr. Jungkook is a poop."

"Hey! I'm going to change that!"

Everyone laughed and it felt like old times with the six of them and around 2 hours had already passed.

"How about we all go to our dorm, order some pizza, and have a game night?" Jimin suggested. 

"Deal, but let's make it our dorm instead," Yenna said.

"Why? What's wrong with ours?" asked Jungkook as he drank his coffee.

"Uhh, ours is cleaner, bigger, and we have a proper living room?" said Ari as she listed the reasons on her fingers.

Jungkook stared at her as he stuck his tongue against his cheek with a playful half-smile, "Fair enough."

"Well, we've got to go in two separate cars since mine's on campus too," said Ari.

"Wow, Jimin, can't you pick your girlfriend up sometime?" Yenna asked.

"She has class before me!" he seemed scandalized. 

They all laughed at how ready he was to explain. "I'm joking," said Yenna.

"Alright, so Rena why don't you come with me?" Ari asked.

"Sure," Rena said.

No one asked any further questions as it was clear that Ari wanted to talk to Rena on her own.

In the car, Ari said, "I know this must be hard for you Rena, and even though I understand why I may not be your first choice to talk about it, I'm always going to be here for you."

"Aw Ari, at least you tried to reach out and I kept turning you away. I should've handled it better. But how about you, I've been wanting to ask so bad, what's happening with Jungkook?"

"Well, nothing. I mean we hadn't been talking much because he wanted to be on your side and all."

"But what about your feelings?"

"Well, I actually don't really feel anything much anymore toward him, I've been doing so great with Jimin" Ari beamed.

"Oh, well that's good" Rena decided not to mention the odd behaviors that she had lately noticed about Jeon Jungkook so that Ari wouldn't have any second thoughts, but made a mental note to ask Yenna about it later.

In the other car, the conversation was much more lighthearted and casual as Jimin, Jungkook, and Yenna joked around and tried to decide what games to play. Then Jungkook's phone started to ring. 

"Hello?... Sorry, I can't tonight babe, I promised some friends already... Just listen... Because you've been so busy lately... I'll just see you tomorrow" Jungkook ended the call, slightly annoyed.

"Is everything okay?" Jimin asked.

"It's Yumi. She's going back home for the vacation so she wanted to meet up tonight."

"I mean if she's leaving then you can go, we'd understand," Yenna says.

"She's not leaving till tomorrow night and besides I know I haven't been around as much since I started dating her and we're all together after such a long time. All she'll want to do is make-out or something anyway." Jungkook replies.

"Your call, buddy," reassured Jimin as he exchanged a look with Yenna through the rear-view mirror.

Once they all made it to the room, Jimin ordered the pizza and they decided to play the whisper challenge in pairs. The first to go were Jungkook and Ari. Ari wore the headphones blaring music as Jungkook said words that the others gave him for her to guess. Each round was 30 seconds.

The first word was "Rose Garden"

Jungkook started with the first word: "ROSE"

Ari yelled back, "TOES?"

Jungkook shook his head and said it louder and slower, "ROOOOSE"

"NOOOO?"

"ROSE!"

Ari just stared blankly at him, "I DON'T GET IT"

He signaled to her that he was going to say the second word instead, "GAR-DEN"

"JAMES CORDEN?"

"NO! GARDEN!"

"NOT CORDEN?"

Jungkook proceeded to say the whole thing, "ROSE GARDEN"

Ari finally got it and closed her eyes and threw her neck back in understanding with a smug smile, "ROSE GARDEN!"

"YESSSS," she and Jungkook high-fived and started calling the others losers.

"Damn, you two are competitive," Yenna said incredulously. Jimin, Yenna, and Rena decided to be on one team to combat the unbeatable competitive spirit that the other two had even though they had one less in number.

This went on for about 30 minutes, after which obviously Jungkook and Ari ended up winning with a score of 5:2.

Jimin got a call and went outside to pay for and collect the pizzas. He refused everyone's offers to pitch in for the payment. They all ate hungrily since the drinks at the cafe hadn't been enough to fulfill their hunger.

They next decided to play a game of Monopoly, which caused a lot of arguments and accusations.

As Ari landed onto one of Jimin's properties that had a hotel placed on it, which meant Ari would have to pay him 1000. She yell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter