Five: Weekend, Feelings (Pt. 2), and a Date

Where Should I Go? [UPDATING AGAIN!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just a reminder: I edited my foreword a while back as I changed a bit of the story in my mind from what I had initially planned, but the other chapters remain unchanged. Happy reading, lovelies :D

Image credit: BigHit Link to image https://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/sites/sbs.com.au.popasia/files/styles/full/public/jkloveyourselfanswer.png?itok=_VtGP4XV&mtime=1535693716

--------------------------------------------------------

The next few days passed by in routine mode. Wake up. Get dressed. Take Class. Eat. Work. Come back home. Sleep. 

It was finally the weekend, they needed a break. Rena, Yenna, and Ari decided to go watch a movie at the nearby theatre. They hadn't been there in a long time and hadn't seen a movie in the theatre together in a long time either. Yenna, Rena, Ari, Jimin and Jungkook all packed into Jimin's SUV since Ari's sedan would've been a tighter fit for the five of them. The girls were sitting in the backseat while Jimin drove with Jungkook next to him in the passenger seat. They were going to watch a crappy movie because that meant the theater would be practically empty so they could be louder than allowed in a cinema and get lit have fun. They purchased tickets for the cheapest seats, which were near the screen, but not so low that you had to look up to watch the movie. They had once gotten crappy seats because those were the only ones left, but they surprisingly enjoyed it and it became a tradition.

They bought tickets for some bad horror movie with the lowest rating that no one wanted to see, it was called 'The 1:13',  they wouldn't even remember the movie's title after tonight. They sat in the theater's third-closest row to the screen. Rena said at the right end of the row.

Seating:  *left end of row Other seats Yenna Jungkook Ari Jimin Rena *right end of row

There was only one more couple in the theatre sitting near the top row, so they had almost the whole movie theater to themselves, they could talk and have fun, which is what they did. After a while, when they ran out of things to talk about, they sat and watched the slightly interesting movie while munching on their popcorn and sipping on slushies. Ari was the only one who was stupid enough to forget her sweater in the car. She had withstood the cold during the first half of the movie, but now combined with the chill from the slush, she started to lightly shiver and her arms were covered in goosebumps, Yenna and Jungkook were the first to notice, Yenna offered her cardigan, but before Ari could decline, Jungkook took off his bomber jacket and placed it around Ari's shoulders and then proceeded to gently rub her arms for a few seconds before smiling and then sitting back to watch the movie. Yenna who had seen the whole exchange was staring at Ari with a did-he-just expression and Ari looked back at her like you-see-why-I-can't-get-over-him expression. However, they both knew fairly well that Jungkook had no idea what kind of feelings he was causing, but he did these little things that made Ari think how could she not be falling for him? The rest of the movie, Ari felt a little awkward with Jungkook's jacket, and couldn't really focus on the movie, that and for some reason, Jimin, who was sitting on her right, couldn't stop huffing and sighing. 

After the movie finished, they got up to leave, Ari handed Jungkook back his jacket, he insisted she keeps it till they get back but she refused politely. As they walked out of the theater, someone called, "Hey guys!" they turned around to see Hanbin near the snacks counter, waving at them. They walked over to him and greeted him.

Ari asked, "Hey we were just about to head to dinner, do you wanna come along?"

 "Yeah, it would be great if you joined us," agreed Yenna.

"Oh, I want to but, the movie I'm watching is about to start," he replied.

"Are you watching by yourself?" asked Rena.

"Oh, no, my cousin is in town for the weekend, so we came to watch a movie together, he's in the toilet," Hanbin replied.

"Oh, ok, well we'll see on the night of the mixer, right?," said Ari.

"Yeah, I'll be there," smiled Hanbin. 

They left the cinema, got into Jimin's car to drive to Taco Bell, ordered their food at the drive through, Jimin drove them to their favorite spot near an abandoned farmhouse at a countryside, there was a large cliff nearby, the night was less hot than these past few days, they opened the car's sunroof, opened the doors and ate their food, talking and having fun, after they finished eating, they went out of the car and walked around the farm, taking pictures of the moon for their snapchat stories. After a while, they each started to drift off, doing their own thing. Ari took her sweater from the car, closed the sunroof and pulled herself onto the car bonnet and then onto the car's roof, she laid down on top of it, taking in the beauty of the stars and moon in the sky, the cliff was far from the city, and the stars were brighter than she'd ever seen them. She looked around her, absorbed within this very moment, Rena and Jimin were still walking, Yenna was sitting on the ground near some rocks, earphones in her ears. Someone also started to make their way to the car rooftop, she knew who it was, everyone else was in her line of sight except for him. 

"What're you thinking about?" said Jungkook as he sat next to Ari, looking down and smiling at her as she lay down, still looking at the sky.

"Space, it's so... unknown to us," Ari said.

Jungkook moved to lay down too. Right next to her.

"Huh, I guess you're right," he said.

Her heart was racing. This was her perfect moment, perfect scenario, but she wished it was under different circumstances, in a storyline where he hadn't confronted her, so she wouldn't feel conscious about her feelings, in a storyline where he wasn't interested in and seeing someone else, so that she wouldn't feel guilty for wanting to have him, but this was her storyline, so instead of content, she felt only sadness that she couldn't enjoy this moment, this feeling. However, she tried to focus on this beautiful night, the silent roar of the wind, the calm atmosphere, light murmurs of conversation from the others reaching her ears, it was her aesthetic bliss. 

After a few minutes, Ari started to yawn, Jungkook now sat up beside her to use his phone, no doubt he was texting Yumi. Jimin, Rena, and Yenna were now sitting back in the car, talking. Jimin came out to check on Jungkook and Ari, noticing how sleepy Ari was, he suggested it was probably time for them to head back, they were all getting tired and at least one of them needed to be alert enough to drive back.

"Jungkook can you help Ari get down, she's half asleep," Ari faintly heard Jimin say softly. No answer.

"Jungkook", said Jimin.

"Mm?" Jungkook replied distractedly.

"Forget it," Jimin whispered.

Jimin half carried Ari by himself down from the car roof, he sat her down in the passenger seat and buckled her in with the seat belt so she could have her own space as it was too cramped in the back seat for her to sleep comfortably.

After they dropped the girls off, Rena and Yenna helped sleepy Ari up to their room, where she fell asleep as soon as she hit her sheets.

________________________________

The next day was full over doing the work they had put off to go out yesterday. Ari was sitting in the library, doing some research for her writing paper when she got a text message from Hanbin. 

~

Hanbin: Hey, I was wondering if you want to go get some coffee with me? Like without having to discuss work?

Ari: What, you mean like a date? :o

Hanbin: I mean if you're ok with that :)

Ari: I have to finish off some work in the library first, but I'll see you in an hour at the Rose Garden Cafe

Hanbin: See you

Ari: See you

~

~

           Yenna, Rena, Ari Group Chat

Ari: GUYS

Yenna: WHat

Rena: Who do u need me to beat up?

Ari: lmao no, no one, BUT..... Hanbin just asked me out on a date

Rena: ooooo yas girl, where?

Ari: We're just meeting at the cafe in a while

Rena: Awww, I approve, he seems nice

Ari: Where did Yenna go?

Yenna: I' right here, sorry, got distracted for a second

Ari: Ah alright

Yenna: Yeah, Hanbin does seem like an amazing guy, have fun girl <3

Ari: Thanks guys, alright I gotta go finish my work

Rena: Same

~

Ari remembered that she had to give Jungkook a book he had been asking for and completely forgot. She texted him about it and he said he'd come to the library to get it. A few minutes later he arrived.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," said Ari while handing him the book.

"Thank you", he said, "Are you almost done? I was thinking we could go out to lunch together," he asked, unexpectedly.

They had never before planned to hang out together before, it was always a more spontaneous thing.

"Oh, I can't, I'm actually going on a date," she said.

She first thought to say she was meeting with a friend, but she had no reason to hide that she's going on a date from him.

"A date? Ari Kim, the introvert, on a date?" he smirked.

"Yeah. Yeah, she is," Ari jokingly rolled he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter